• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Your not too fazed by bad results, you would be happy if we were in the conference then, everything in life is ultimately results driven, we would have had better results if our manager had done things differently, it will be interesting to see that if he misses out on his job will he be retained by us.

Thats fine but you cant be blaming Harry Redknapp for VDV missing sitters, Bale missing sitters, Ade missing sitters and the whole team missing sitters. We are creating 15-20 chances (ok three or four may be sitters) and we just aint finishin them off. As MK said the line is thin very very thin but you are Also right Jimmy that results is everything.

So annoying. He goes on about us being nowhere close to being in the Champions league before he came and then also goes on about that if we do well players get the plaudits whilst if things go bad managers get the criticism.

He is right in a way. Look at England, when the team loses its ALWAYS the managers fault, no matter how good his cv is, it must be his fault for failing to get the best out of this "golden generation" of English players. It should be equal, players and managers should take the flak when they lose and take the credit when they win. Just for balance, I very much doubt we'll be hearing from Bale or Modric in the summer saying how it was their fault that we didn't finish in the top 4 and they need to leave to further their careers. There's not much culpability from players either.

He's off so as usual the blame start to come out, he has left a lot of clubs and he has never once laid the blame where is should fall.

Thats fine but you cant be blaming Harry Redknapp for VDV missing sitters, Bale missing sitters, Ade missing sitters and the whole team missing sitters. We are creating 15-20 chances (ok three or four may be sitters) and we just aint finishin them off. As MK said the line is thin very very thin but you are Also right Jimmy that results is everything.

Tbh Redknap has done a very good job for us I just dont like him never have,it stated years ago when he said be played with Bobby to score kudos, he should not have been on the same pitch, results are important for the fans but more so for investors, if VDV played in the opponents half instead of ours he would score more, who tells him to drop deep, the people that think players do what they want are deluded.

Would you care to break down how poor our performances were in the first half of the season, when luck and injuries were on our side and we were getting results?

I'm just curious.

We didn't deserve to lose to Man United or Everton at all. Granted we didn't cut Everton apart but it isn't easy to do when they show no ambition to leave their 18 yard box. Against Stoke it wasn't a 'bad' performance. It wasn't as fluid as some of the performances earlier in the season, but again it was another team that decided to sit back and show literally zero ambition to come out of their 18 yard box. Against Chelsea we absolutely deserved to win that game, our finishing was diabolical. Sunderland, again another team showing zero ambition. Norwich, granted, terrible, nervy, awful performance. We actually were able to open them up more than the 'bad' performances against Stoke, Sunderland and Everton and created chances but they also created enough against us that we deserved to lose. Terrible. QPR was just another team showing no ambition against us.

I don't really 'blame' Harry for this poor run of form. The only thing I think could have been done differently is to use Bale as a left back coming from deeper positions, maybe playing 3-5-2 even, because he has been over-rated into a complete player that can play right across the middle. It isn't true. But that's easy enough to say with hindsight, when earlier in the season he was taking the plaudits, the 'world class' moniker and no-one was really arguing otherwise.

We've dropped points against teams that are happy to shut up shop against us, and show literally no ambition. Wolves got a goal from a set piece, Stoke got a goal from a set piece. QPR got a goal from a set piece. Everton punished one lapse of concentration for their only real chance of the game. Earlier in the season I think we had a better run of fixtures, in terms of having the more 'footballing' teams that are happy to come at us at home, and facing the more defensive teams away, where they are more likely to come at us. Since the start of this bad form, even those teams away have stopped coming at us, and have just been getting the luck of the odd goal from their only chance.

Yes, maybe we need more of a plan B. Yes, January was a bad window in terms of improving the quality of our squad. But Harry is facing the pressure from Levy to reduce the wage bill and that hinders him. That's an unarguable fact, I don't think if it was Harry's choice and he had money to spend we would have done what we did. I don't blame Harry. I don't blame Levy, because he has run us in such a way that we aren't going to fudge ourselves up if we miss out on certain targets. What is happening is because of the club we are. A club that has purchased well over a couple of years, and has seen good young players play to something like their potential under a manager capable of making talented footballers play well. But we are also a club that has a wage cap to stop us signing the established big names, and pressure on us to reduce our wage bill as we prepare to build a new stadium, and that hinders where we can spend money.

Because of that, we just have to accept that it isn't all going to be plain sailing into 3rd. Just because we were there it doesn't mean we would stay there, when we had already had our form, our luck, and teams like Arsenal and Chelsea were due theirs. We are where we are, for better or worse, because that is the reality of supporting a club with our constraints. There doesn't need to be blame constantly apportioned in a desperate attempt to try and rationalise everything. I want Harry gone and a new man with new ideas to come in and maybe move us on a level next season, because I think we are at that point where Harry's skill set in making a sqaud perform to it's 'proper' level has been exhausted, and we now need a system in place to make us overacheive if we are going to continue to hold aspirations of challenging without the money of the other clubs. But that doesn't mean he deserves to be ragged on at every opportunity. His words don't need to be twisted constantly to suit some ridiculous agenda and fit a persona given to him by internet warriors. He's our best manager for 40 years, has given us some of the best football most of us have been in our Spurs supporting lives, and deserves a bit more respect.

Fantastic post. Sums up my thoughts exactly.

They're taking one quote from VDV saying we don't really prepare and using it against us now. Absolute gonad*s.

JJetset says the goal.com piece is "90% accurate".

Actually, I lie, that was about something else. He says the article is "more correct than others".

Last edited:
So annoying. He goes on about us being nowhere close to being in the Champions league before he came and then also goes on about that if we do well players get the plaudits whilst if things go bad managers get the criticism.

So two 5th placed finishes including holding 4th place on the final day of the season is 'nowhere near' champions league? OK

You must be able to see the difference between finishing 4th and 5th is significant. Just like the difference between finishing 2nd every year and winning the title is big.

Nowhere near?

I give up - if Harry was caught fudging your wife you'd say she must have slipped and sat on his ****.

fudging hell.

Nowhere near?

I give up - if Harry was caught fudging your wife you'd say she must have slipped and sat on his ****.

fudging hell.

Did I say nowhere near?

Are you and Wrigley on some sort of mission to tinkle off and drive away as many posters from the forum as possible?

You've already succeeded with totman.

Totman got banned for being a cu*t.

If you can't stand the heat........

I will continue to forcefully argue my case, if you don't like it tough.

You were arguing in support of Harrys assertion that we were nowhere near champs league, which respectfully is gonad*s given we were 4th for most of the season and lost it on the final day. That ISN'T nowhere near and needs to be corrected.

Just another blind Harry apologist.
If you rate him, that's your prerogative. It's mine to hate the tw*t.

Back