• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
You didn't notice him distancing himself from the blame with the Wolves comparison?

The wolves comparison where he said "Everyone keeps talking about who's gonna sign Wolves good players but if they were that good they wouldn't have got relegated"? yeh i heard it but so what?

What are you talking about?

The interviewer asked who he'd prefer to win the final Madrid/Bayern or Chelski. He said he'd be cheering for Madrid/Bayern as that suits us and it's "Tottenham first and foremost".

He publicly said last week he wanted Chelsea to beat Barcelona. Chelsea got 6.35m from winning that game.
By the same logic he probably wanted to Chelsea to beat Benfica and Napoli. That's another 11.25m they've earned.

In fairness to him he said during his trial he is brick with money and doesn't understand finances.

At least that'll stop everyone asking where all the transfer money went.

The reality is its all gone on wages. When Redknapp joined we were paying 52.9m on wages. If our wage bill had kept at that level for the 4 season he was in charge we would have paid 4 x 52.9m = 211.6m in wages. What we actually have paid in those 4 years is 309.8m. That almost a 100m extra in wages. That were our usual 25m per season transfer fund has gone.

He publicly said last week he wanted Chelsea to beat Barcelona. Chelsea got 6.35m from winning that game.
By the same logic he probably wanted to Chelsea to beat Benfica and Napoli. That's another 11.25m they've earned.

In fairness to him he said during his trial he is brick with money and doesn't understand finances.

Plus

a) It really doesn't matter what Chelsea win in prize money
b) He is old fashioned English style, which means you back your own countries clubs in Europe, even if they're your most hated local rivals. England comes first and all that.

Basically, nothing to see here and not even worthy of a news story or debate on.

Lol...........as if modric/bale/parker will saddle upto a director who hasn't kicked a ball in thirty years and say harry doesn't know what he's doing.............how the feck do you know this,gonads...............by the way ive heard off a good source that they've had set up a petition pleading harry to stay...........yeah gonads too..........

The director is the man who runs the club in essence; he calls the shots. Goal.com have great links to sources within spurs, this is where I heard the news from and its been verified by ITK who called the Nelsen and Saha signing. I don't get why you're winding yourself up about this; I'm not claiming to be ITK, i'm just quoting stuff that has been posted on this forum and others.

At least AS refrains from making personal attacks about him, or character assasination, or wild inaccurate emotional statements regarding his coaching ability or transfer dealings etc.

Are you suggesting that he is a good coach? at the risk of repeating myself I think the players have got him out of the mire on so many occasions in the past and now through bad tactics.injuries and fatique they are not able to do it, do you honestly think he is capable of getting the best from our current crop of players or do you think we have overachieved up to now.

His biggest mistakes were being 6 months too late on both Mourinho and Ancelotti by showing too much faith in Hoddle and Redknapp respectively.

Indeed, and everyone knows that Spurs need to get rid of all their English players and never hire an English Manager gain don't they we8campbell? Sorry I mean Gutter Boy....

Are you suggesting that he is a good coach? at the risk of repeating myself I think the players have got him out of the mire on so many occasions in the past and now through bad tactics.injuries and fatique they are not able to do it, do you honestly think he is capable of getting the best from our current crop of players or do you think we have overachieved up to now.

So you think that 8th, 4th, 5th and 4th to 6th have nothing to do with Harry and we've just been lucky?

from goal.com

A cabal of players, including some of the most senior at the club, have communicated their frustrations via their agents over the last few weeks to chairman Daniel Levy during a run of just one win from nine Premier League matches.

Goal.com understands they have complained about Redknapp’s tactics and match preparation, with one enduring theme being that training during the week is providing little preparation for the weekend fixtures.

It is believed that senior Spurs figures have been so alarmed by the players’ feedback and a catastrophic run of results that they would consider replacing Redknapp as manager at the end of the season, even in the unlikely event that he does not quit Tottenham to become the new England boss.

The club has abandoned plans to try and persuade the 65-year-old to stay at White Hart Lane and will not offer him the four-year ?ú16 million contract they had prepared.

Although Goal.com has learned that Redknapp is far from at loggerheads with his entire squad – reports of a bust-up with Emmanuel Adebayor are wide of the mark - a significant number of players have questioned events on the training ground.

“The players feel they are not going into matches well enough prepared,” a Tottenham source told Goal.com. “For instance, they will practice all week in a 4-5-1 formation and then play 4-4-2 at the weekend. Or vice versa.

“They also feel there is not enough attention to detail and tactics. One common complaint is little or no practice defending set-pieces. There are question marks about the coaching and how much the players are improving through the input of the staff.”

The dressing room unrest is not just restricted to players affiliated with one particular agent who has involvement with a significant proportion of the Tottenham squad.

Some of the Spurs players are feeling the effects of a 49-match campaign in which Redknapp has tended to pick his strongest available XI for every league and FA Cup game, rather than juggle his resources.

Gareth Bale, Luka Modric, Scott Parker, Kyle Walker, Brad Friedel, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Younes Kaboul and Adebayor have each started at least 28 of Spurs’ 34 league matches, an unusually high proportion even though the club's involvement in the Europa League ended before Christmas.

“Some of the players are exhausted and, as a result, their standards have dropped,” the source added. “If you look at Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson meticulously manages the entire season and keeps freshening up the team while relying on a core of regulars. Harry just picks the best XI and lets them get on with it.”

Redknapp’s January dealings, in which he sold Roman Pavlyuchenko and allowed Steven Pienaar, Sebastien Bassong and Vedran Corluka to leave on loan - replacing them with injury-prone pair Louis Saha and Ryan Nelsen - has also raised eyebrows.

Senior Spurs figures are coming to the conclusion that a parting of the ways with Redknapp is desirable following a run of five defeats and three draws in nine league games since beating Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0 on February 11, when Tottenham were third in the table and 10 points clear of fourth-placed Arsenal.

The 5-1 FA Cup semi-final humiliation at the hands of Chelsea has also been a key factor in the change of thinking at the top of the club.

Spurs will not try and change Redknapp’s mind if, as expected, the FA make an official approach to the club to secure him as the next England manager.

ok ok its from goal.com, but the most alarming thing if true is ?ú16m contract over 4 years for Harry fudging Redknapp ????? fuk me.

Whoever wrote this has taken it straight off this forum, lol

So you're saying you believe that Harry Redknapp sits down and analyses what exactly will happen should chelsea win. That them winning will give them more cash every round they go through, that he was also sitting there hoping Chelski beat Benfica and Napoli too?

the man speaks before thinking and goes on impulse. Him saying he hoped chelski win it last week was disgusting to say the least but we're talking about his interview today. I saw with my own eye and heard with my own ears him saying he wants Chelski to LOSE THE FINAL. I don't care if he really wants that to happen, i don't care what i believe that he wants, i'm saying that's what he said today and we're talking about this particular interview right?

imagine Chelsea winning the CL and nicking the CL spot off us:) Levy will go apesh*t

Levy probably instructed him to exercise damage control

Guess work again. This thread is designed to talk about this particular interview right?

My views on Harry is that he thinks more for himself than he does the team, that he's untrustworthy and that he's incapable of taking responsibility for his wrong doings BUT that has nothing to do with this particular interview.

So you think that 8th, 4th, 5th and 4th to 6th have nothing to do with Harry and we've just been lucky?

With the players we have I would expect no less than those finishing postions, when things go well we are the 4/5th best side in the prem, since rentagob has been linked with the England job our form has undeniably suffered which is no coincidence, he has relied solely on motivation and shown no tactical awareness, I think that was obvious against young boys last year, he also took all the plaudits like a pea****, now its gone wrong hes made of teflon, just for the record I still dont think he will get the England job, sorry about the personal attack but rentagob is what he is.

With the players we have I would expect no less than those finishing postions, when things go well we are the 4/5th best side in the prem, since rentagob has been linked with the England job our form has undeniably suffered which is no coincidence, he has relied solely on motivation and shown no tactical awareness, I think that was obvious against young boys last year, he also took all the plaudits like a pea****, now its gone wrong hes made of teflon, just for the record I still dont think he will get the England job, sorry about the personal attack but rentagob is what he is.

So we are about where we should be, and yet he is an awful Manager and coach? It doesn't add up. If he was awful then we'd be 10th with the current team. If he was amazing we'd be top two. He is neither brick, nor amazing. He probably is in the top eight Managers in the league and we are where we should be.

As for our players, we over rate them. Our best three are VDV, Modric and Bale. Parker has also performed superbly this year. Friedel hasn't done much wrong. The rest? Wouldn't look out of place in a mid-table/battling relegation side. And that includes EVERY defender we currently have at the club (King sadly is past it).

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,12606_7701947,00.html

There's the interview in full.

Absolutely disgusting to see a Spurs manager toss off about Chelsea so hard for so long. Can you imagine Ferguson ever talking for literally about 3 minutes straight without the interviewer even speaking just bigging up Liverpool and how awesome they were.

So annoying. He goes on about us being nowhere close to being in the Champions league before he came and then also goes on about that if we do well players get the plaudits whilst if things go bad managers get the criticism.

Back