• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I dispute that it was an "underserved loss" against ManYoo. And it was a rubbish performance against Sunderland, we were completely toothless and predictable, as were we against Stoke, Muamba or not.

That gives:

- Deserved loss v Manyoo
- Deserved loss v Everton midtable team
- Draw from bad performance v Stoke (though with Muamba in m?®nte)
- Good performance but average result - draw v Chelsea (who weren't CL finalist or playing to CL finalist level at the time)
- A good, run of the mill win v Swansea
- Poor performance, draw v Sunderland
- Very poor performance, loss v Norwich
- Very poor performance, loss v QPR.

Completely disregarding results, we have had one good (Chelsea) performance and one expected/good performance against Swansea. The rest have not only been performances below what you can expect from CL competing teams, some (Norwich and QPR) have been way, way beyond what you can expect for a team of our ressources.

Cool enough if that is "spouting rubbish". I just have different parameters for good perfrormances than other people.

Since being 0-2 up against Arse, this is what's happened in the League:

> Undeserved loss v. Manyoo
> Battling loss against a good Everton team away
> A draw against a fortunate Stoke after the difficult Muamba week
> Very good draw against CL finalists away. Should have won.
> A good win against Swansea
> A meh draw against Sunderland away
> A bad loss against Norwich
> A bad loss against QPR

There are only 2 unacceptably bad performances in those 8 games. There are 3 downright good performances. The other three - Sunderland, Stoke and Everton - are somewhere in between.

Those 8 games are what have turned feelings on this board from exultation to lynch-mob. The loss of perspective on this board is absolute at this point.

6 points from 24. Its all plucky little Tottenham could expect really?

You lot are real lame. I watched the whole interview and he didn't say many (if any) things wrong at all. i want him gone as much as most but don't twist things to suit your stance or your argument.

1) He clearly stated he wants the best for us more than anything else (look i'm not saying you have to believe him but we're talking about this particular interview).

2) He clearly said that he wants chelski to lose the final because that suits us.

3) He clearly said that he doesn't think neither bale or Luka will leave in the summer.

> A bad loss against QPR

There are only 2 unacceptably bad performances in those 8 games. There are 3 downright good performances. The other three - Sunderland, Stoke and Everton - are somewhere in between.

Those 8 games are what have turned feelings on this board from exultation to lynch-mob. The loss of perspective on this board is absolute at this point.

Excellent post. But I think those out in force now have been waiting for this moment for a long time.

so who do you want to be manager then............feck three top 6 finishers,first time thats happened in 60 years,he must be doing something wrong..........

mate, he wants to manage England, what does it matter what i want or not. He no longer wants to be the long term Tottenham manager

Just seen the interview he says:

"Nothing's changed. We're playing the same way. We train, everything's been the same," he told Sky Sports News. "There's been no change at the club.

Has he not realised that maybe we've been found out and the reason we're doing badly is his lack of change in the way we play and the way we train. No wonder the players have raised this issue with the directors.

I dispute that it was an "underserved loss" against ManYoo. And it was a rubbish performance against Sunderland, we were completely toothless and predictable, as were we against Stoke, Muamba or not.

That gives:

- Deserved loss v Manyoo
- Deserved loss v Everton midtable team
- Draw from bad performance v Stoke (though with Muamba in m?®nte)
- Good performance but average result - draw v Chelsea (who weren't CL finalist or playing to CL finalist level at the time)
- A good, run of the mill win v Swansea
- Poor performance, draw v Sunderland
- Very poor performance, loss v Norwich
- Very poor performance, loss v QPR.

Completely disregarding results, we have had one good (Chelsea) performance and one expected/good performance against Swansea. The rest have not only been performances below what you can expect from CL competing teams, some (Norwich and QPR) have been way, way beyond what you can expect for a team of our ressources.

Cool enough if that is "spouting rubbish". I just have different parameters for good perfrormances than other people.

Would you care to break down how poor our performances were in the first half of the season, when luck and injuries were on our side and we were getting results?

I'm just curious.

We didn't deserve to lose to Man United or Everton at all. Granted we didn't cut Everton apart but it isn't easy to do when they show no ambition to leave their 18 yard box. Against Stoke it wasn't a 'bad' performance. It wasn't as fluid as some of the performances earlier in the season, but again it was another team that decided to sit back and show literally zero ambition to come out of their 18 yard box. Against Chelsea we absolutely deserved to win that game, our finishing was diabolical. Sunderland, again another team showing zero ambition. Norwich, granted, terrible, nervy, awful performance. We actually were able to open them up more than the 'bad' performances against Stoke, Sunderland and Everton and created chances but they also created enough against us that we deserved to lose. Terrible. QPR was just another team showing no ambition against us.

I don't really 'blame' Harry for this poor run of form. The only thing I think could have been done differently is to use Bale as a left back coming from deeper positions, maybe playing 3-5-2 even, because he has been over-rated into a complete player that can play right across the middle. It isn't true. But that's easy enough to say with hindsight, when earlier in the season he was taking the plaudits, the 'world class' moniker and no-one was really arguing otherwise.

We've dropped points against teams that are happy to shut up shop against us, and show literally no ambition. Wolves got a goal from a set piece, Stoke got a goal from a set piece. QPR got a goal from a set piece. Everton punished one lapse of concentration for their only real chance of the game. Earlier in the season I think we had a better run of fixtures, in terms of having the more 'footballing' teams that are happy to come at us at home, and facing the more defensive teams away, where they are more likely to come at us. Since the start of this bad form, even those teams away have stopped coming at us, and have just been getting the luck of the odd goal from their only chance.

Yes, maybe we need more of a plan B. Yes, January was a bad window in terms of improving the quality of our squad. But Harry is facing the pressure from Levy to reduce the wage bill and that hinders him. That's an unarguable fact, I don't think if it was Harry's choice and he had money to spend we would have done what we did. I don't blame Harry. I don't blame Levy, because he has run us in such a way that we aren't going to fudge ourselves up if we miss out on certain targets. What is happening is because of the club we are. A club that has purchased well over a couple of years, and has seen good young players play to something like their potential under a manager capable of making talented footballers play well. But we are also a club that has a wage cap to stop us signing the established big names, and pressure on us to reduce our wage bill as we prepare to build a new stadium, and that hinders where we can spend money.

Because of that, we just have to accept that it isn't all going to be plain sailing into 3rd. Just because we were there it doesn't mean we would stay there, when we had already had our form, our luck, and teams like Arsenal and Chelsea were due theirs. We are where we are, for better or worse, because that is the reality of supporting a club with our constraints. There doesn't need to be blame constantly apportioned in a desperate attempt to try and rationalise everything. I want Harry gone and a new man with new ideas to come in and maybe move us on a level next season, because I think we are at that point where Harry's skill set in making a sqaud perform to it's 'proper' level has been exhausted, and we now need a system in place to make us overacheive if we are going to continue to hold aspirations of challenging without the money of the other clubs. But that doesn't mean he deserves to be ragged on at every opportunity. His words don't need to be twisted constantly to suit some ridiculous agenda and fit a persona given to him by internet warriors. He's our best manager for 40 years, has given us some of the best football most of us have been in our Spurs supporting lives, and deserves a bit more respect.

> A bad loss against QPR

if there are only two bad performances there then we dont deserve to be considering ourselves a CL league team.....

wha about the chelsea game?

Piennnar was played out of position with us,he's no winger,for a start he's not quick enough,plus he's 30..........it would have been interesting if he'd been fit from the start and if modric had a long term injury if harry would have played him in modric position.......everytime i see him for everton he's always linking play up with the front man and his goal on sunday was from a player who we lacked in the last few months in doing similar,i can't remember modric even come close in doing something the same,he did in the past but not now.......... i think up there he knows he's the big fish in the small pond down here he wasn't.

I would keep him i would but if he's happier where he is get our money back asap.

His best role, and pretty much the only role he is effective on a regular basis is left wing/midfield.

You lot are real lame. I watched the whole interview and he didn't say many (if any) things wrong at all. i want him gone as much as most but don't twist things to suit your stance or your argument.

1) He clearly stated he wants the best for us more than anything else (look i'm not saying you have to believe him but we're talking about this particular interview).

2) He clearly said that he wants chelski to lose the final because that suits us.

3) He clearly said that he doesn't think neither bale or Luka will leave in the summer.

If Chelsea went out when Arsenal went they would get 17.6m less from UEFA, than they will get if they lose in the final. How does that suit us?
The idea that Chelsea will be distracted by a game that takes place after the season is finished is ridiculous.

Last edited:
If Chelsea had of went out when Arsenal went they would get 17.6m less money from UEFA than they will get if they lose in the final. How does that suit us?
The idea that Chelsea will be distracted by a game that takes place after the season is finished is ridiculous.

doesnt it suit us because if they lose the final, then 4th place is still on. If they win, then all the effort now is pretty much pointless

You didn't notice him distancing himself from the blame with the Wolves comparison?

You didn't notice him distancing himself from the blame with the Wolves comparison?

He's always done it - protects himself and never takes one for the team. Never.

He's always done what's right for him. Time for Levy to do what's right for the club

Just seen the interview he says:

"Nothing's changed. We're playing the same way. We train, everything's been the same," he told Sky Sports News. "There's been no change at the club.

Has he not realised that maybe we've been found out and the reason we're doing badly is his lack of change in the way we play and the way we train. No wonder the players have raised this issue with the directors.

Lol...........as if modric/bale/parker will saddle upto a director who hasn't kicked a ball in thirty years and say harry doesn't know what he's doing.............how the feck do you know this,gonads...............by the way ive heard off a good source that they've had set up a petition pleading harry to stay...........yeah gonads too..........

If Chelsea had of went out when Arsenal went they would get 17.6m less money from UEFA than they will get if they lose in the final. How does that suit us?

What are you talking about?

The interviewer asked who he'd prefer to win the final Madrid/Bayern or Chelski. He said he'd be cheering for Madrid/Bayern as that suits us and it's "Tottenham first and foremost".

Back