• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
gilzeantheking ÔÇô SC
Confirmed by POTL so it must be true.

1. Harry is out SACKED if England do not take him .

2. 4 Teams in for Luca, Man u want Walker, teams in for Sandro, Kaboul too.

3. Harry has lost the dressing room and respect of the players, he takes no advice from anybody at the club.

4. Harry was offered loads of players in Jan turned them all down, the included Cisse of Saudi Sportswashing Machine. He is stubborn and only wants players he knows.

5. Leandro and Hazard deals done if we make champions lg, deals off if we donÔÇÖt we will not be able to pay the wages.

6. Luka deffo off whatever happens.

7. Stadium plans will be delayed if we fail to make champions lg.

8. Levy has had enough of Harry and his ways all the players that left were HarryÔÇÖs decisions. They almost sacked him last summer.

9. The club think not making the Champions lg will put us back 3-5 years, due to reduced income, delay in building the stadium, not getting the players we want and losing others.

10. We are talking to Jose BUT no deal if we do not make Champions lg, Martinez, Rodgers on list, Moyes not.Hoddle also being considered.

Often, when there is too much info, well it is rubbish. How would he know all this anyway?

We're talking to Mourinho? noooooo way

Hazard done deal if we make CL? nooooooo way

They almost sacked Harry last summer? yeah riiiiite

Hoddle considered? :lol:

I'm bored, might as well bite:

3. Harry has lost the dressing room and respect of the players, he takes no advice from anybody at the club.

Which completely goes along with all the usual lines of "my scouts told me that he was no good" etc

7. Stadium plans will be delayed if we fail to make champions lg.
9. The club think not making the Champions lg will put us back 3-5 years, due to reduced income, delay in building the stadium, not getting the players we want and losing others.

Because we had always been in the Champions League before this season, and we've been spending like a club in the Champions League during it.

10. We are talking to Jose BUT no deal if we do not make Champions lg, Martinez, Rodgers on list, Moyes not….Hoddle also being considered.

Yes, I'm sure Levy would love to re-hire a man who he once backed to lead this club out of mid-table, gave him a bit of money to spend and got back Dean Richards, Helder Postiga, Goran Bunjevcevic, Milenko Acimovic, Mbulelo Mabizela and Kazuyuki Toda, who also like Harry has allegedly done - lost the dressing room and stubbornly played bizarre tactics despite plenty of evidence that they weren't working.

I'm off to Ladbrokes.

We had a like for like cover for Lennon.

Pienaar. Alledgedly a top earner and doing well enough when we put him on, but not the least bit rated by the manager, who signed him himself. Now freescoring and assisting for Everton, which looks a new team with him (and Jelavic, granted!).

Now, whose fault is that ?

Have to disagree with that bit. If we had the old board I'm sure you'd see he was roundly slaughtered in every OMT (except Milan). He looks to be doing well at Everton though.

Have to disagree with that bit. If we had the old board I'm sure you'd see he was roundly slaughtered in every OMT (except Milan). He looks to be doing well at Everton though.

Well, so is VdV in most threads and he still remains one of the most important players at all.

Any thread based on a Tweet that is not from a verified account should be instantly locked. Any such thread is worse than meaningless.

It's a bit frightening that people can so lack discernment that they give credence to something that is no more reliable than the rantings of a drunk dude on the bus who stinks of tinkle. In fact they are the same thing.

I agree

To be honest I think markysimmo and Rossi22 should be hung out to dry with a 104 day ban and their avatars changed to a picture of Roberto DiMatteo

So Mourinho will consider leaving one of the biggest institutions in European football and come to Spurs IF we get CL?
OK POTL whatever you say

So the club think not making the Champions League will set them back 3 - 5 years ? Yet they have'nt sacked Harry for the sake of a paltry ?ú3 million..............hmmmmmmmmm ?

I totally agree that not making the CL will be the beginning of a quick end for Spurs as we know it, the guts of the team will be ripped apart and will take years for a new manager to rebuild. If we had sacked Harry, even a few weeks ago, it would have been enough time to cruise to a top 4 finish.......but we didnt, so the club can stick there fudging ?ú3 million.

So the club think not making the Champions League will set them back 3 - 5 years ? Yet they have'nt sacked Harry for the sake of a paltry ?ú3 million..............hmmmmmmmmm ?

I totally agree that not making the CL will be the beginning of a quick end for Spurs as we know it, the guts of the team will be ripped apart and will take years for a new manager to rebuild. If we had sacked Harry, even a few weeks ago, it would have been enough time to cruise to a top 4 finish.......but we didnt, so the club can stick there fudging ?ú3 million.

I don't think so.

I'm with Nayim.

Two jokes can have the identical punchline but one could be very funny, the other not at all.

Bad analogy, because again that is perception. The joke is the same. Whether the punchline is funny is just as dependant on the perception of the person hearing the joke as the teller. Let me put it this way.

This run of results:
Utd 1 - 0 Spurs
Spurs 0 - 1 Wolves
City 1 - 0 Spurs
Spurs 2 - 0 Arsenal
Liverpool 0 - 1 Spurs
Spurs 1 - 0 West Ham

is EXACTLY the same as:

Spurs 2 - 0 Arsenal
Liverpool 0 - 1 Spurs
Spurs 1 - 0 West Ham
Utd 1 - 0 Spurs
Spurs 0 - 1 Wolves
City 1 - 0 Spurs

or these results

Utd 1 - 0 Spurs
Spurs 2 - 0 Arsenal
City 1 - 0 Spurs
Spurs 1 - 0 West Ham
Spurs 0 - 1 Wolves
Liverpool 0 - 1 Spurs

Perception of winning the last three or losing the last three will shape an opinion, but only the opinion of a fool.

the CL income mainly goes into paying the players and management bigger bonuses. The Cl is all about lining their pockets

Often, when there is too much info, well it is rubbish. How would he know all this anyway?

We're talking to Mourinho? noooooo way

Hazard done deal if we make CL? nooooooo way

They almost sacked Harry last summer? yeah riiiiite

Hoddle considered? :lol:

POTL - if everything he said became true , we'd have a squad of 500 players by now.

Jumps on any bandwagon and claims the info.

SUIYHA said:
Yes, I'm sure Levy would love to re-hire a man who he once backed to lead this club out of mid-table, gave him a bit of money to spend and got back Dean Richards, Helder Postiga, Goran Bunjevcevic, Milenko Acimovic, Mbulelo Mabizela and Kazuyuki Toda, who also like Harry has allegedly done - lost the dressing room and stubbornly played bizarre tactics despite plenty of evidence that they weren't working.

I'm off to Ladbrokes.

Hardly. I think you listing those players about sums it up. Dean Richards was a decent purchase for the level we were at, at the time. Postiga flopped, but was hardly us breaking the bank and is exactly the sort of gamble purchase so many of our fans are urging us to do nowadays, Bunjy and Acimovic cost what? ?ú1.5m for the two of them? Mabizela was a Pleat special, and Toda a loan deal.

Hoddle also lead us to our highest league finish in what? Six or seven seasons? And IIRC we finished 9th under him which was something like only the third time we'd finished top 10 in a decade.

Hoddle's biggest failing was not getting in a defensive midfielder to replace Freund. Of course it came out afterwards that Pleat intentionally failed to get one and was in Levy's ear the whole time saying one wasn't required. Funny how the following season Arnesen came in and purchased three :lol:

Hoddles other failing was sticking to a system he didnt have the players for.

His 352 was outstanding when Ziege and Carr were fit, but "Ziege", "Carr" and "fit" have never fit well in the same sentance!

When either or both were out he struggled without natural replacements.

I think it is, when you are telling people their views are wrong due to perception, and yet you seem to be lacking the perception to understand the views being made.

Maybe Im right, maybe Im not, but Im certain you would never admit even if I was.

Back