• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
if there's any truth in this at all then surely levy will pull the trigger this week and put literally anyone else (well not terry connor) in charge. we just cannot carry on like this.

Or maybe just an excellent manager who could not communicate with his players due to his inability to grasp any semblance of a command of the English language. And as for that 70 percent, what was the win rate percentage during tournaments?

one tournament? and Capello himself said he got it wrong in terms of preparation. Remember it was his first international tournament, and a World Cup to boot, imv the problem wasnt Capello, it was as always the players who really are not that good

I dont know if these rumours are true, but i do know that theres often a bit of truth behind a rumour and that when these kind of stories come out, true or not, well, its not looking good.

People should tell this twitter idiot that he could be sued by Redknapp. Make the qunt proper squirm for telling lies.

Cant believe that Levy will fire Harry before the end of the season given the financial implications. I know people will bang on about what we might get from CL qualification however its not certain that a new manager will get us top 4 nor that Harry wont

Cant believe that Levy will fire Harry before the end of the season given the financial implications. I know people will bang on about what we might get from CL qualification however its not certain that a new manager will get us top 4 nor that Harry wont

no chance he'll go before the end of season - as you say, no guarantee of an upturn in results and the media backlash would be ridiculous.

haha, a brick manager with 13 league titles a European Cup and a 70% win rate with England. Perhaps England simply don't have good enough players to win a major tournament.

Exactly. Maybe terry shagging bridges' missus and rooney getting caught with prostitutes wasn't a great way to prepare for the tournament.
Oh no can't be that must be because capello's a "johnny foreigner" who cannot speak English and doesn't understand the culture over here.

What xenophobic rubbish! I hope England lose every game this summer and never qualify for a tournament again.

no chance he'll go before the end of season - as you say, no guarantee of an upturn in results and the media backlash would be ridiculous.

who cares what the clowns who write for the red tops think ? they already think we're a laughing stock. it could hardly be any worse.

you wait and see how they treat their "mate" arry after after a couple of dodgy results if he gets the england gig

How apt you guys use the fudgein donkey analogy. As far as im concerned we have a bunch of overpaid donkeys on the pitch. Everyone at that club has gone down in my estimation.

no-one should come out of this untouched

to point all of the blame at one person is mindless

After he had gone to Germany yes, but before he did we were in for him and Redknapp could not make up his mind and we lost him. Redknapp will not step out of his comfort zone when he is signing players and goes for what he knows.

Out of interest - how do you know Harry couldnt make up his mind? How do you know that Levy agreed a fee and agreed personal terms?

Mick - I agree - this is what im saying EVERYONE is to blame. But obviously the Manager shoulders the blame. In an Organisation the CEO remains culpable and accountable in football terms and specifically to us Levy tends to get away scot-free.

no-one should come out of this untouched

to point all of the blame at one person is mindless

I agree. But if some of the players are to blame, who can fix it if not the manager? If our squad is lacking player types, who can fix it if not the manager? If there is a problem with the manager that needs to be fixed first, then the rest of the problems can be sorted out by the manager that is there after that. You can't really go about it in another way.

We need a manager that is here for the long(er) haul, at least 2-3 seasons that we have a manager that won't be disturbed by too many outside influences and who doesn't have anything stopping him from aiming long term and doesn't have anything stopping Levy from supporting him in the transfer market. If that manager is Harry or someone else I'm not too bothered about at this point.

Out of interest - how do you know Harry couldnt make up his mind? How do you know that Levy agreed a fee and agreed personal terms?

Mick - I agree - this is what im saying EVERYONE is to blame. But obviously the Manager shoulders the blame. In an Organisation the CEO remains culpable and accountable in football terms and specifically to us Levy tends to get away scot-free.

Levy isn't really comparable to a CEO. A better analogy would be to compare Levy to the owners and Harry to the CEO. Levy recruits managers, like owners recruit a CEO. Harry is in charge of the footballing side of our "business", like a CEO is in charge of the financial side of a normal company. If there was a problem with how Levy recruited his managers, or with how he ran the financial aspects of Spurs then there would be reason to say that he needs to shoulder a big chunk of the blame, but in my opinion there aren't any problems with any or those things.

Redknapp resignation rejected?!?

Just had a text that Levy's rejected a resignation attempt from Harry.

No idea how true but thought for urgency, this could do with a thread of its own!

I would not be suprised i imagine the F.A. contacted redknapp months ago and said if we do not have to pay spurs off 8m then we could afford to pay you the same as capello. All redknapp cares about is the money all he has ever cared about the east end scum bag.

The F.A. did not appoint redknapp after cappello left is because if they waited to the end of the season they saved themselves a few million.

I hate redknapp yes i have had a drink or 6 tonight but i will lay my cards on the table i fudging hate him.

Back