• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Levy isn't that stupid. Redknapp fudging off now could see us get 4th & the CL money that would follow. We certainly aren't getting there now with him still here

Is there any credence in the source of the text, ( I'm not asking you to name names BTW) or is it the usual mate of my cousins who works as a cleaner at the Lane??

Speaking of booze, I've had 4 beers tonight.

I thought it would be enough, but now I have the 'taste'.

I'm tempted to go out and get more, but it's getting on for midnight, which means a trek to Brixton Hill to the dodgy offy as it's the only thing still open 'round here.

Decisions, decisions.

I put some of the blame on levy and have ever since he sacked jol. But i imagine the only reason he has not sacked that prick redknapp is because he is hoping for a pay off or he would have sacked him maybe even as far back as last summer.

I agree. But if some of the players are to blame, who can fix it if not the manager? If our squad is lacking player types, who can fix it if not the manager? If there is a problem with the manager that needs to be fixed first, then the rest of the problems can be sorted out by the manager that is there after that. You can't really go about it in another way.

We need a manager that is here for the long(er) haul, at least 2-3 seasons that we have a manager that won't be disturbed by too many outside influences and who doesn't have anything stopping him from aiming long term and doesn't have anything stopping Levy from supporting him in the transfer market. If that manager is Harry or someone else I'm not too bothered about at this point.

Levy isn't really comparable to a CEO. A better analogy would be to compare Levy to the owners and Harry to the CEO. Levy recruits managers, like owners recruit a CEO. Harry is in charge of the footballing side of our "business", like a CEO is in charge of the financial side of a normal company. If there was a problem with how Levy recruited his managers, or with how he ran the financial aspects of Spurs then there would be reason to say that he needs to shoulder a big chunk of the blame, but in my opinion there aren't any problems with any or those things.

Well Levy's title is Executive Chairman am I correct? unless im mistaken and unless I am unsure of his duties and responsibilities.

But lets go with your analogy - Levy is also responsible for the purchase of players i.e. negotiating with clubs and agreeing personal terms etc. If Harry to fulfil his job properly needs acquisitions i.e. high calibre staff but Levy is not providing the support then one of two things is wrong. Either Levy doesnt trust Harry in which case Levy should have fired him in the summer and got in Ancelotti when he was available (assuming Chelscum didnt force him to sign a contract not to manage anyone else in the premier league for a period of time) or Levy seriously lacks negotiation skills in getting in players (and we overrated this skill of his).

Now we know we were in for the likes of Cahill, Remy etc but we couldnt get them - is that Harrys fault? Would Harry have waited till the last minute of the window to try to get Cahill or was that Levy? (not forgetting that Levy has previous of this)

Ultimately Harry had to get rid of some of the existing players at the promise of being able to get the players he wanted in (which we werent able to get in) which had a knock on effect on Harrys ability to rotate the squad which resulted in fatigue for the players (which our form has shown).

As for your response to mick - I guess my response to that is the above. Levy has obviously acted like a DoF and has failed.

Like I say I have no loyalty to Harry or any to anyone, I just want whats best for THFC but ultimately if we get a new Manager in we will still have similiar issues with recruiting players for our current squad because Levy is rigid in how he negotiates. We got no money? then dont blame Harry - we may as well get someone in who can work with limitations and constraints (thats where moyes comes in I think)

I would not be suprised i imagine the F.A. contacted redknapp months ago and said if we do not have to pay spurs off 8m then we could afford to pay you the same as capello. All redknapp cares about is the money all he has ever cared about the east end scum bag.

The F.A. did not appoint redknapp after cappello left is because if they waited to the end of the season they saved themselves a few million.

I hate redknapp yes i have had a drink or 6 tonight but i will lay my cards on the table i fudging hate him.

I actually have it on decent authority that that's exactly the case. They don't want to cough up the dough and have instead instructed our good old boy to resign, albeit at the end of the season...or so the story goes. If this turns out to be the case, I'm putting in for a spot in the tree next to BEN! :-"

Just somebody I play football with, he got it text from somebody he knows who's a journo (in politics and not football mind you)

If I get any more i'll let you know.

I'm tempted to go out and get more, but it's getting on for midnight, which means a trek to Brixton Hill to the dodgy offy as it's the only thing still open 'round here.

Decisions, decisions.

I always find if I have a quiet few drinks, say 3 or 4, I wind up with an annoying head ache the next day. If I continue on and make a night of it, I usually prep myself for the hangover (by eating, sculling water, etc) and find my hangover's not so bad. So my advice, drink on.

And, ahem, yeah Redknapp, what a ...

Decisions, decisions.

I went down to the shed after homeland finished on the telly and on the way back to the house walked all over the flower beds and knocked over the clothes horse in the conservatory i do not care about any of that and i care less about redknapp.

PS. look in the top of the toilets that is where i keep my secret stash of booze so the wife cant find it.

I always find if I have a quiet few drinks, say 3 or 4, I wind up with an annoying head ache the next day. If I continue on and make a night of it, I usually prep myself for the hangover (by eating, sculling water, etc) and find my hangover's not so bad. So my advice, drink on.

And, ahem, yeah Redknapp, what a ...

good old australian there...you know what fudge it im going to have a barbecue you have inspired me, i may have to use sprinklers to light the way.

Me too. I might have just sent it to myself though.

how do you send a text to yourself? do you have 2 phones...fudging yuppies. look at me i have 2 phones, mr big shot huh? well the is a recession on don't you know some people can not afford to eat and there you are boasting about having 2 mobiles, do you think people in africa who can not afford to feed their children think about it. I bet they would like one mobile but there you are with2 you selfish git.

The more this slump continues the more philosophical I get about it all. I like Harry still. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because he doesn't deserve to be hated on speculation.

I don't (or simply cannot) believe he would purposely jepordise ours and his own chances of a best premier league finish.

Perhaps he is at fault for a lot of our recent tactical failings. Although I am more inclined to blame players as much as he.

The club itself is haunted by failure in recent years so there is always an expectancy that we will blow it.

I feel for Harry. He doesn't deserve some of the hatred being directed at him. A lot of it is based on speculation which is not fair right now. If he has allowed the England stuff and the court case stuff and other more under handed things to interfere with our season and it is later revealed than I will say I hate him. But right now, I think his biggest failing is not being able to motivate the side, making key tactical errors ( in retrospect), and a poor few transfer windows.

I really do hope by some miracle we can salvage a CL place. For us and his own reputation

Exactly. Maybe terry shagging bridges' missus and rooney getting caught with prostitutes wasn't a great way to prepare for the tournament.
Oh no can't be that must be because capello's a "johnny foreigner" who cannot speak English and doesn't understand the culture over here.

What xenophobic rubbish! I hope England lose every game this summer and never qualify for a tournament again.

Without meaning to take the thread off topic...explain how the fudge you can not only play a 4-4-2 against a Germany side that will clearly have an extra man in midfield, who have also been playing fast-paced passing football all tournament, yet he picked Barry, Lampard, Gerrard and Milner who can barely get above snails pace, then on top of all of that with 20 minutes to go with the team losing and when you urgently need goals, you substitute Defoe and bring on Emile fudging Heskey.

England's "golden generation" underperforming at international level has been well documented, but tactical mistakes like these are unforgivable.

how do you send a text to yourself? do you have 2 phones...fudging yuppies. look at me i have 2 phones, mr big shot huh? well the is a recession on don't you know some people can not afford to eat and there you are boasting about having 2 mobiles, do you think people in africa who can not afford to feed their children think about it. I bet they would like one mobile but there you are with2 you selfish git.

It works if you send it to your own number :)

More fuel for the fire.

Adebayor has apparently just deleted that he plays for us and deleted all our upcoming fixtures from his official website/twitter.

Last edited:
The more this slump continues the more philosophical I get about it all. I like Harry still. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because he doesn't deserve to be hated on speculation.

I don't (or simply cannot) believe he would purposely jepordise ours and his own chances of a best premier league finish.

Perhaps he is at fault for a lot of our recent tactical failings. Although I am more inclined to blame players as much as he.

The club itself is haunted by failure in recent years so there is always an expectancy that we will blow it.

I feel for Harry. He doesn't deserve some of the hatred being directed at him. A lot of it is based on speculation which is not fair right now. If he has allowed the England stuff and the court case stuff and other more under handed things to interfere with our season and it is later revealed than I will say I hate him. But right now, I think his biggest failing is not being able to motivate the side, making key tactical errors ( in retrospect), and a poor few transfer windows.

I really do hope by some miracle we can salvage a CL place. For us and his own reputation

=D>

Back