• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
?ú40m for CL qualification or ?ú3m from the FA?

Time for Levy to show some balls. It worked a treat for Chelsea.

We've got no idea whether Inglethorpe is up to the job or not. The difference with Di Matteo is that he had experience of managing in the Premiership and all he has done is return to the pre-AVB approach, that is not an option at Spurs.

I don't think that it is a case of Redknapp being found out, if QPR had tried the same tactic earlier in the season, we would have destroyed them. The problem is that the team are in a rotten run of from and have completely lost their confidence. I don't think that they have ever recovered from losing to Arsenal.[/QUOTE]

I would say the defeat to City put the seeds of doubt in their mind, and the defeat at Arsenal totally devasted them

I don't think that it is a case of Redknapp being found out, if QPR had tried the same tactic earlier in the season, we would have destroyed them. The problem is that the team are in a rotten run of from and have completely lost their confidence. I don't think that they have ever recovered from losing to Arsenal.

destroyed them? i dont think so. A team that sits back completely nullifies the pace threat of Lennon and Bale, and we dont have the invention in our passing to break down teams who camp outside their area

We've got no idea whether Inglethorpe is up to the job or not. The difference with Di Matteo is that he had experience of managing in the Premiership and all he has done is return to the pre-AVB approach, that is not an option at Spurs.

How about Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan just running things for the last 4 games?

I don't think that it is a case of Redknapp being found out, if QPR had tried the same tactic earlier in the season, we would have destroyed them. The problem is that the team are in a rotten run of from and have completely lost their confidence. I don't think that they have ever recovered from losing to Arsenal.
Points per game before Arsenal = 2.12 per game

Points per game from Arsenal = 0.66 per game

can he do any worse than Redknapp who appears to have lost the dressing room?

im sure even Inglethorpe could pick a team to beat Blackburn

How about Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan just running things for the last 4 games?

We've got no idea whether it would make any difference, have we? I think the issue is uncertainty, a caretaker won't change that but it might give us a kick start.

I have no idea if this rumour is true or not ( but seeing as its on teletext i will not hold my breath) however it will not be the first time that a club managed by Redknapp has problems in the dressing room.

Its the next thing to blame by him after the fans, the chairman, too many games, too many injuries, the board, lack of money to spend, now he can also say the players would not do as i asked.

Well Harry did say" Saha failed a fitness test and hopefully Adebayor will be available to play next week"

There has been no mention of Adebayor being injured either before or after the match.

We've got nothing to lose. We've been in absolute freefall since Arsenal.

We're only talking about 4 games. I'd rather see Gallas and vdV take charge - just to do something - than watch 4 more games like Norwich and QPR.

Well Harry did say" Saha failed a fitness test and hopefully Adebayor will be available to play next week"

There has been no mention of Adebayor being injured either before or after the match.

The rumour could have some legs. HR did come out with a strange statement I believe about us having 5 players injured but did not want to name them, which is not like him. :-k

and il tell you where i think he also lost the players respect.....

Tottenham 1 Stoke 1: Redknapp's little white lie can't lift sloppy Spurs

Harry Redknapp told his Tottenham team at half-time that Chelsea and Arsenal were both winning, such was his desire to get maximum points from this game.

He was lying to his players, of course, as only Arsenal were in front after 45 minutes, but the gamble didn’t pay off.

A home draw against a side in the bottom half of the table was certainly not the tonic Spurs were looking for after an incredibly difficult week and three consecutive losses in the Barclays Premier League.

But their evening ended in disappointment, with Tottenham relinquishing third place in the table to north London rivals Arsenal.

Redknapp said: ‘I told them at half-time Chelsea and Arsenal were winning.

'I said: “We need a win, lads.” Chelsea weren’t winning. I said: “A draw’s no good, we need to be positive, let’s get after them.” But it didn’t work because we only drew.

‘It’s still all to play for. We can still finish above Arsenal. Arsenal won’t win every game, will they? I still want to finish third.’

---------

that is fcuking amateurish management, id be embarrassed for the bloke if thats all he has got left in his locker

Hey Harold, how about some tactical instructions to try and change the game ?](*,)

what a wide boy we have in charge. No player is going to respect being lied to.

Hang on - was Harry not quoted as saying that he did want Huntelaar? So how can we say he didnt want him? Harry identifies - Levy negotiates. So you cant actually blame Harry. This is my point.

Our wage structure restricts us - cant blame Levy for that cant blame harry for that but people on here seem to blame Harry. This is ANOTHER point that seems to go over peoples heads.

After he had gone to Germany yes, but before he did we were in for him and Redknapp could not make up his mind and we lost him. Redknapp will not step out of his comfort zone when he is signing players and goes for what he knows.

Greg Stobart ‏ @gstobart from goal.com

Re Redknapp rumours tonight: I'm told no bust up. Sources close to Adebayor insist he's injured. Hopefully back next week #THFC

Just thought I'd create an area for those who wish to defend Harry and what he's done with us during his time with us, and especially this season.
Wasting your time mate. harry has done us over just like he left all the other club he managed in the poo poo

We're only talking about 4 games. I'd rather see Gallas and vdV take charge - just to do something - than watch 4 more games like Norwich and QPR.

I think that Redknapp is gone at the end of the season whatever happens. Like with Inglethorpe, we have no idea whether Gallas or VdV have what it takes to restore the players confidence or even whether the other players would be happy taking instruction from either them.

Back