• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Huh? Swansea, Watford twice, Sunderland, Crystal Palace, just to name a few. And that's just in the league.

He hasn't had as many game winners as last year. His goals have been the 2nd in a 2-0 win, or he scores 2 in a 4-1 win, which means that without his goals we'd get the win anyway. Only in the last couple of months have his goals made a more of a difference in the points we get.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to diminish him in any way. He's our star player and without him we wouldn't be where we are. Just want to put in perspective statements to the effect that... "if he doesn't score, we don't win." ;)

They were BBC stats the other day

@Squawka
Harry Kane has now scored 15 goals in 17 Premier League London derbies for Spurs. Big game player.

@OptaJoe
15 - Harry Kane has scored more goals away from home than any other Premier League player this season. Daring.

@SkySportsStatto
Goal Number 25 in the PL this season for Harry Kane, 24 of which have been in his last 27 apps

@MaxBentley1
25 Premier League goals for Harry Kane this season. The most for a Tottenham player since Gary Lineker (28) in 91/92. "One-season wonder"

@AsifBurhan
Harry Kane becomes only the second English footballer this century after @WayneRooney (2010, 12) to score 25 league goals in a season. #THFC

@Squawka
Harry Kane has now scored 15 goals in 17 Premier League London derbies for Spurs. Big game player.

@OptaJoe
15 - Harry Kane has scored more goals away from home than any other Premier League player this season. Daring.

@SkySportsStatto
Goal Number 25 in the PL this season for Harry Kane, 24 of which have been in his last 27 apps

@MaxBentley1
25 Premier League goals for Harry Kane this season. The most for a Tottenham player since Gary Lineker (28) in 91/92. "One-season wonder"

@AsifBurhan
Harry Kane becomes only the second English footballer this century after @WayneRooney (2010, 12) to score 25 league goals in a season. #THFC
A streaky player that gets overawed by the home crowd.
Not gonna make it.

I have to say, I never saw this coming with Kane. Thought he was mediocre up to last season and was sure he would go the same way as Andy Turner, Darren Caskey, Neale Fenn, Alton Thelwell and so many others. F**k me, how wrong was I?

Although, if he never did anything again for us, that booting the ball out of play at Old Trafford when we were 2-1 up under Sherwood was a stroke of genius.

Yeah, i really hope we don't allow our players to get involved in this social media tit-for-tat (as funny as it was)...
...stone cold focus and concentration next time lads (or least even more....they HAVE been GREAT this year...)

They're young, it happens. Bit petty of Vardy to tweet that at Harry when he should be fully engrossed celebrating his title, but hey, fair dos. And our players are part of the social media generation, so it's a given that they'll be more involved than players of the past were in personal exchanges with rival players.

The lesson is that the next time Harry tweets a picture of lions or whatever, it shouldn't immediately be followed up with draws against West Brom and Chelsea. :p I'd love for us to just get our players off social media completely (i.e, enact a Ferguson-esque ban on this stuff), but I think modern football's too far down the path, and I don't think it would be a good thing from the standpoint of our players interacting with the fans. I would be happy with just that siege mentality being imbibed by the lads instead

They're young, it happens. Bit petty of Vardy to tweet that at Harry when he should be fully engrossed celebrating his title, but hey, fair dos. And our players are part of the social media generation, so it's a given that they'll be more involved than players of the past were in personal exchanges with rival players.

The lesson is that the next time Harry tweets a picture of lions or whatever, it shouldn't immediately be followed up with draws against West Brom and Chelsea. :p I'd love for us to just get our players off social media completely (i.e, enact a Ferguson-esque ban on this stuff), but I think modern football's too far down the path, and I don't think it would be a good thing from the standpoint of our players interacting with the fans. I would be happy with just that siege mentality being imbibed by the lads instead

I think you've nailed it. Generational and probably have a good laugh together for England, but I think Vardy is a chavvy little tosspot!

I think you've nailed it. Generational and probably have a good laugh together for England, but I think Vardy is a chavvy little tosspot!

Oh, definitely. I don't think there's any real malice between Harry and him (they did know each other while Harry was at Leicester, for example, and they evidently get on well together for England), and I don't think he's *quite* as horrible a character as he's painted out to be (his assault case was, if I recall, down to him thumping somebody who was making fun of his disabled friend; I know I'd do the same in that situation). But he's still quite a nasty piece of work, no doubt about it; the 'Oi, Jap!' stuff will be brushed under the table, but it's still indicative of his personality.

Yeah, i really hope we don't allow our players to get involved in this social media tit-for-tat (as funny as it was)...
...stone cold focus and concentration next time lads (or least even more....they HAVE been GREAT this year...)

I never found it funny at the time and I especially do not now. If we want to we can keep making such postings and maybe we can be like Arsenal. Win a couple of long expired cups and generally do nothing other than be mouthy for the sake of it.

Or we can look to push on and forget about those sort of postings. I'm sure many on it will see it as having a lark but twitter is now a huge tool for expressing your feelings and for a PL club to allow such a tweet is IMO completely unacceptable.

I would post more but TBH I'm exhausted and can't be arsed. Instead I'll deal with the retaliation in the morning.

Don't think its petty at all tbh. Kane started the whole thing, you shouldn't say things if you can't take any blowback.

I'm sure he'll take it in good faith.

Back on topic, what a bloody good player we have.

Oh, definitely. I don't think there's any real malice between Harry and him (they did know each other while Harry was at Leicester, for example, and they evidently get on well together for England), and I don't think he's *quite* as horrible a character as he's painted out to be (his assault case was, if I recall, down to him thumping somebody who was making fun of his disabled friend; I know I'd do the same in that situation). But he's still quite a nasty piece of work, no doubt about it; the 'Oi, Jap!' stuff will be brushed under the table, but it's still indicative of his personality.
That's plenty enough to prove he's every bit as bad as he's made out to be.

Back