• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think he is trying to force it a bit. I certainly would question his decision to shoot a few times yesterday. IMO it was the wrong option on more than one occasion and you can see he is thinking about breaking his duck rather than making the right choice with the ball. Once the first one goes in he'll be fine though.

This for me as well, he is making the wrong decisions but its his second season and it was always going to be hard for him to follow up with the same results as last season.

This has been niggling away me all this summer and I'm totally baffled by my attitude to Harry - love him as a Spurs player obviously. But I'm always surprised when scores, he never 'in my eyes' looked/looks a 'natural'. What ever that is!

I still don't think he will be a long term Spurs forward - no rational reason for this, just an uneasiness on my part.

Totally agree with you.. He really surprised me last season as didnt think he would play 30 games for us let alone get thirty goals. I think long term he is a second striker (in terms of not the main goalscorer) or a number 10. For me he will perform better with pace around him but just doesnt have enough about him to be a long term option.

He 100% lacked confidence for his one on one and that comes from him prob being a little unfit and having some added pressure on his shoulders. Sometimes u shoot when you are out of confidence as your thought processes aren't as good.

Anyway even with his lack of form he still has a great touch and skill set that shows he will
Be a quality player for us for years to come. He oozes quality and even if he never hits 30 goals a season agin he still can be a legend for us

Totally agree with you.. He really surprised me last season as didnt think he would play 30 games for us let alone get thirty goals. I think long term he is a second striker (in terms of not the main goalscorer) or a number 10. For me he will perform better with pace around him but just doesnt have enough about him to be a long term option.

The pace of Clint and Son could be the big help he needs. I'm no Berinhino fan, prefer Austin....or another.

But I am no player spotter, I was very unimpressed when I first clocked Luka...o_O

He 100% lacked confidence for his one on one and that comes from him prob being a little unfit and having some added pressure on his shoulders. Sometimes u shoot when you are out of confidence as your thought processes aren't as good.

Anyway even with his lack of form he still has a great touch and skill set that shows he will
Be a quality player for us for years to come. He oozes quality and even if he never hits 30 goals a season agin he still can be a legend for us

I'd have see it again but I think he took it to near Howard for the effort he had. Having taken the ball that close in, he should either have attempted to chip the goalkeeper or rounded him, well that were my thought at the time.

I'd have see it again but I think he took it to near Howard for the effort he had. Having taken the ball that close in, he should either have attempted to chip the goalkeeper or rounded him, well that were my thought at the time.

He actually got the ball under his feet with a poor first touch and had to clear it before he took the effort.

The numpties in the media need to realise that this time last season Harry Kane had yet to score, once he starts scoring like last season he prove to be a beast

I'm not worried about his ability to score goals. I am worried about the long unselfish shift he has to put in every game all the time we don't have a decent like-for-like sub. It is hard work playing as the main striker, and if you don't get much of break it will eventually take the edge off of your chance taking/decision making. I think Poch is asking a lot -too much even - of Kane at this stage in his career.

I'm not worried about his ability to score goals. I am worried about the long unselfish shift he has to put in every game all the time we don't have a decent like-for-like sub. It is hard work playing as the main striker, and if you don't get much of break it will eventually take the edge off of your chance taking/decision making. I think Poch is asking a lot -too much even - of Kane at this stage in his career.

agree 100%

Excuses for Kane are coming in by the millions. Any other striker mis-performing like this and we would be on his neck.

Excuses for Kane are coming in by the millions. Any other striker mis-performing like this and we would be on his neck.

The difference he has earned the treatment we are giving him. Even when he his not playing at his best he still puts in a shift. And he is trying his hardest. Adebayor never puts in a shift, and Soldado never scored. So they deserve their scorn. We need to stick by Kane. Once the first goes in im sure they will flow.

The difference he has earned the treatment we are giving him. Even when he his not playing at his best he still puts in a shift. And he is trying his hardest. Adebayor never puts in a shift, and Soldado never scored. So they deserve their scorn. We need to stick by Kane. Once the first goes in im sure they will flow.

LOL!! Earned it?

As a striker you make up your mind in a one on one and try to stick to it. Kane used his movement to try to put Howard on his backside, Howard didn't go for it, so Kane was forced into a shot that Howard was more likely to save. If Kane had decided to go round Howard he might have scored, but equally Howard might have anticipated it and saved it anyway.

One on ones may look easy chances, but once you factor in defenders chasing the ball down, a keeper coming out to narrow the angle , the speed and angle of approach you have to take depending on the pass etc, they are not that easy. I can easily forgive Kane for missing the one-on-one chance. If he keeps missing them that's another matter. And so far he hasn't had so many missed chances that it is worth getting overly concerned about his goal scoring prospects. He just needs good support so he can concentrate on his main job.

Is this a wind up?

He hasnt played bad in 4 games lets not forget that. Yeah he should have scored against Everton but thats about it. Cant blame him for letting go off two goal leads. Lets not forget that assist over the top for Eriksen against utd should have scored that. The assist for Mason against Stoke i think, should have scored again, actualy was a very good save.

Back