• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He's definitely going to have to adapt his game because teams are going to set up to negate his strengths but that would have been happening last season too. His big asset in adapting is that he has played a number of different positions and does not rely on one element of his game to get goals. That said, he would be an exceptional striker if he continued at the level he was at last season.

I would agree with this and one of the reasons we have to try and get him some competition for the CF spot. I have said elsewhere that good managers of opposing sides will work out a way to try and negate his strengths, we have already seen that happen by Jose who after seeing his team run ragged at the Lane made a few chances and Kane never got a kick in the Lge cup final.

I still believe that we will not see the best of Kane until we play him behind a line leader, he has shown he likes to pick the ball up deep and run at opponents. When he does this he will find it easier to find space and more difficult to be picked up.

The good thing about Kane though is that he doesn't excell at one particular part of a forwards game, he's good across the board, so it will be harder to shut him out.

Yeah, I don't think you can nullify Kane. The only way you can nullify Kane is to nullify Spurs. I.e., kill the game effectively, so we can't get the ball to Kane in areas he can affect the game. This is effectively every club's strategy when they come to WHL anyway. The reason we brought in Trippier was to an extent to get more of a variety of service into the box. I think Kane will thrive on his crosses next season. I think we're also looking to bring in someone to play alongside him to allow him to drop deeper into pockets, like we tried a couple of times with him playing off Soldado last season, at home to Southampton and Everton, where this was pretty effective.

Yeah, I don't think you can nullify Kane. The only way you can nullify Kane is to nullify Spurs. I.e., kill the game effectively, so we can't get the ball to Kane in areas he can affect the game. This is effectively every club's strategy when they come to WHL anyway. The reason we brought in Trippier was to an extent to get more of a variety of service into the box. I think Kane will thrive on his crosses next season. I think we're also looking to bring in someone to play alongside him to allow him to drop deeper into pockets, like we tried a couple of times with him playing off Soldado last season, at home to Southampton and Everton, where this was pretty effective.

Very key points, that's why everyone is talking about a creative midfield/wing forward/forward options.

- We have to make sure we have enough creativity to get the ball to Kane
- And in the cases when Kane does drop back, someone in the team needs to go forward

We need something like the Ade, Saha against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Ade dropped wide to allow Saha space and vice versa. How many times did they play together?

if its true, could just be an effort to unsettle him

There always used to be a transfer 'story' about one of our players in the week before a United game - Scumpbell, King, even Stevie Carr I think. Never came to anything, just a bit of stirring in a red top. I presumed it was Fergie-favouring but seems it is more institutional.

There always used to be a transfer 'story' about one of our players in the week before a United game - Scumpbell, King, even Stevie Carr I think. Never came to anything, just a bit of stirring in a red top. I presumed it was Fergie-favouring but seems it is more institutional.

Spot on; nothing to see here, and a nice distraction from the impending transfers out of Di Maria and especially De Gea imo..

Scummy tactics

So we continue to play 4231 fine, but the moment the "1" gets starved of the ball like Kane did to day we never ever remotely looked like scoring

So we continue to play 4231 fine, but the moment the "1" gets starved of the ball like Kane did to day we never ever remotely looked like scoring

the good news is we won't be playing a team anywhere near as good as that in competitive games this season

We need to panic sign someone so Kane can sit on the bench. Wouldn't want to risk him getting injured.

or, if we go a couple of goals behind it would be nice to have a striker or two on the bench to come on and help us try and get some goals back???? Then again its easier to be sarcastic.

there shouldnt be any panic anyway, weve had nearly 3 months to sign a striker, but lets slide that fact under the carpet. Dont want to be controversial

Back