• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

German journo on Sky just saying that Kane has been pushing to have the deal done in time to play in their supercup final tomorrow. But he would have to be signed and registered this afternoon for that to be possible.
As much as I wish him well and want to see him win things, I don't want it to be as soon as tomorrow! I do hope we can drag it out just long enough.

In an ideal world yes, but the reality is its not that simple.

I'm sure Levy had set Bayern some form of deadline so this would be done ASAP but when they havent met it come the deadline and are some way short, what are you meant to do?

a) Accept the offer that is way short of valuation - no thanks
b) Walk away from the deal because didnt meet valuation knowing that we will lose him for free and possibly to a domestic rival? Worst possible scenario.

At the end of the day Kane held all the cards, and to be honest to get the deal we had done with weeks of the window left is as good a outcome as we should have hoped for considering there was no chance of Kane staying. Can set all the deadlines in the world, we would have lost out in some way - we dont hold any cards anymore....
Except the cards of identifying his potential replacement early and already having started the ball rolling on bringing them in. I agree 100% with you on the way the Bayern deal has panned out. What won't be acceptable though is bringing in Frazier Campbell on the last day of the transfer window. I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation from fans like me.

Yeah hopefully there's some cash left for Orban or someone similar. Does feel like a lot of people have said on here we've spent the money knowing the deal was done but not letting it become public to clubs don't raise their price.
We shall see
Ange deals with these things so well
Conte would have murdered the crowd

Weird they're so intent on having the England captain playing outside England.

I thought similar. They’ll all be looking round at each other next week and wondering why they can’t watch him and why there’s lower demand to know about him and his performances.

They just don't want him to play for us. No Kane means we're less of a threat to the likes of Pool, Manu and Arse.

Spot on.

Never really used to be this problem, and then we had the cheek to gatecrash Sky's Precious Top 4 and they have been trying to derail us ever since. At least they will be happy with themselves now.

Will interesting to see if Saudi Sportswashing Machine get similar treatment after a couple of seasons, especially if they dont win anything soon, as their trophy drought is worse than ours. In which case surely there top players will need to leave to win trophies????

Spot on.

Never really used to be this problem, and then we had the cheek to gatecrash Sky's Precious Top 4 and they have been trying to derail us ever since. At least they will be happy with themselves now.

Will interesting to see if Saudi Sportswashing Machine get similar treatment after a couple of seasons, especially if they dont win anything soon, as their trophy drought is worse than ours. In which case surely there top players will need to leave to win trophies????
No chance
They will keep the media sweet like city do

What Ange said there worries me cos it hints at us having spent the money we expected to get from Kane's sale. If that's the case we arent in for a whole wave of new players post sale....

Hmmmm

To be honest that was what I suspected as soon as the VDV and Veliz deals went through.

Personally I’m not too bothered - squad looks in a good place to me. I know everyone wants another CB, but I think it’s hard to attract another top one when we already have Romero and now VDV. My only frustration is the Kane stuff disrupting things right before our first game. But beat Brentford and that’ll quickly pass. COYS

Spot on.

If only we'd done it the proper way by spending outlandish amounts of money gifted to us by our owner. Trying to build the club up while spending within our means? Outrageous.

To be honest that was what I suspected as soon as the VDV and Veliz deals went through.

Personally I’m not too bothered - squad looks in a good place to me. I know everyone wants another CB, but I think it’s hard to attract another top one when we already have Romero and now VDV. My only frustration is the Kane stuff disrupting things right before our first game. But beat Brentford and that’ll quickly pass. COYS
And Ange wants volunteers, not hostages. He wants his players to be all in.

To be honest, IF, and that's a big if I know, Sanchez could play like he did v Barcelona on a more regular basis, we could get away without another CB maybe. That's why I would be inclined to give him until Jan.
Based on pre-season, Dier looks like he should be out of the door before Sanchez, as he defintiely does not have the ability to cope with the high line

German journo on Sky just saying that Kane has been pushing to have the deal done in time to play in their supercup final tomorrow. But he would have to be signed and registered this afternoon for that to be possible.
As much as I wish him well and want to see him win things, I don't want it to be as soon as tomorrow! I do hope we can drag it out just long enough.
That sounds a bit petty, but you know the headline will be 'Kane wins first trophy less than 24 hours after leaving Spurs'.:p

Spot on.

No, because the have the ambition and the money to win things, and they inevitably will.

There was a brief moment we were ahead of City once. We qualified for the CL in 2010, they didn't.

Then that summer they went out and bought Silva, Aguero, and a bunch of other stars regardless.

Haven't looked back since.

The reason we get battered by the media about the lack of trophies is because they know that won't change as long as ENIC is here - it's safe to bet against Spurs, we're a middling and utterly harmless club.

The reason no one dares to do it against Saudi Sportswashing Machine is because they *will* win trophies very soon - it is unsafe to bet against them, they are a powerful club with a lot of money (bloody or otherwise) and desires to win the lot.

Back