• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

I didn’t think it was a foul - certainly not in the context of the shoving and pushing that goes on in a penalty box these days. As a player, though, we’re lucky to have him.

He was pushed in the back and off balance, and you are right that happens lot in the penalty box . My main point was that there seems to be a few fans who just want to have a dig at Romero and have said he was to blame for that goal when clearly he was pushed in the back.

I think he's having a tricky time, but I don't think he's in the kind of hole Lloris regularly disappeared down.

I think we can scheme a lot of his worries away and limit the opposition to attacking his strengths, but we need to change how we defend.

I'm not concerned about him long term.

Agree with both of your comments, he is still fairly young for a keeper and should improve as he gets older.

With his feet, I agree.
With his coming for balls… I’m not sure.
And I thought he was great at it first half of last season

if we defend with more bodies its less of an issue

we should absolutely be playing a deep back three with this group

as for with his feet, he should be on AI instructions there, Av It, just fudging smash it out of play every time, I'd fine him a weeks wages for every completed pass

if we defend with more bodies its less of an issue

we should absolutely be playing a deep back three with this group

as for with his feet, he should be on AI instructions there, Av It, just fudging smash it out of play every time, I'd fine him a weeks wages for every completed pass
I like his throwing
But I do t think the issue is the bodies. It’s his call when he comes and doesn’t

Then he has to come with a lot more conviction
Personally i want him coming for everything but with a real attack of the ball

fair enough, personally I don't want him to have to come for anything, I expect the CB's to shut everything down back there, they are both big, quick and strong, I expect them to dominate

fair enough, personally I don't want him to have to come for anything, I expect the CB's to shut everything down back there, they are both big, quick and strong, I expect them to dominate
Neither is very good in the air
And vicario has the advantage of using his hands
He should get everything imo

I think he's having a tricky time, but I don't think he's in the kind of hole Lloris regularly disappeared down.

I think we can scheme a lot of his worries away and limit the opposition to attacking his strengths, but we need to change how we defend.

I'm not concerned about him long term.
Lloris disappeared down those holes later in his career when he wasn't very good anymore. Earlier in his career, when was really good, he would make mistakes and sometimes silly mistakes - but he would bounce back quickly.

Vicario seems similar to that I agree. Makes mistakes, but doesn't over compensate by being too safe. Still seems confident in his best abilities at least. Seems to bounce back.

We're probably not going to change how we defend.

Lloris disappeared down those holes later in his career when he wasn't very good anymore. Earlier in his career, when was really good, he would make mistakes and sometimes silly mistakes - but he would bounce back quickly.

Vicario seems similar to that I agree. Makes mistakes, but doesn't over compensate by being too safe. Still seems confident in his best abilities at least. Seems to bounce back.

We're probably not going to change how we defend.

The biggest different between prime Hugo and the current Venom is the calming nature that Hugo had on his back four. The way he talked to them and the way he helped them get into the right position or get organised at corners etc. Hugo was a real leader. He was like having a football manager on the pitch with you. That is what Venom needs to grow into. Hugo wouldn't have spent two-thirds of a season getting bullied by the opposition on corners. He would have changed it then and there and brought a second player in alongside him. He would have then had a chat with his manager after the game and worked on the training ground at tweaking the team's set piece tactics.

In many ways, Venom can become better than prime Hugo because he is way better with his feet. Hugo wasn't but was a great sweeper keeper in a high defensive line. That was all the rage when he first joined us. Both are terrific shot stoppers. They both pull off some amazing saves and save countless goals that other keepers wouldn't get to.

One encouraging thing is that Venom has been brought into the squad's leadership group. That perhaps proves he has leadership traits that can be nurtured. He has his best years ahead of him.

I also hope we bring in genuine competition for him. There isn't a single keeper pushing him at the club.

The biggest different between prime Hugo and the current Venom is the calming nature that Hugo had on his back four. The way he talked to them and the way he helped them get into the right position or get organised at corners etc. Hugo was a real leader. He was like having a football manager on the pitch with you. That is what Venom needs to grow into. Hugo wouldn't have spent two-thirds of a season getting bullied by the opposition on corners. He would have changed it then and there and brought a second player in alongside him. He would have then had a chat with his manager after the game and worked on the training ground at tweaking the team's set piece tactics.

In many ways, Venom can become better than prime Hugo because he is way better with his feet. Hugo wasn't but was a great sweeper keeper in a high defensive line. That was all the rage when he first joined us. Both are terrific shot stoppers. They both pull off some amazing saves and save countless goals that other keepers wouldn't get to.

One encouraging thing is that Venom has been brought into the squad's leadership group. That perhaps proves he has leadership traits that can be nurtured. He has his best years ahead of him.

I also hope we bring in genuine competition for him. There isn't a single keeper pushing him at the club.
Hugo was horrendous or comers
He was a vampire keeper
That was a constant in his whole career
He really went backwards rather than forwards when coming for crosses and that got worse

I think he'll improve in his handling of crosses and corners, his formative years have been in Italy were few teams throw so many high balls in the box and keepers get far more protection from officials, a centreback who dominates in the air at set pieces would help him but our 2 have other areas of strength in their game we don't want to lose.

Hugo wouldn't have spent two-thirds of a season getting bullied by the opposition on corners. He would have changed it then and there and brought a second player in alongside him. He would have then had a chat with his manager after the game and worked on the training ground at tweaking the team's set piece tactics.
Wow, I super massively disagree with this, Lloris was a chinless wonder who shrank back when the going got tough. He regularly flapped and flailed and fell back into his goal with a whimper.
A great shot stopper, but doesn't fit the description you give.

Back