• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

Match winning save from that header, though.

But he was lucky they didn't score from his howler in the first half, and obviously even luckier that his massive brain fart of a handball in the second half wasn't picked up by the ref.

All of our problems stem from not defending with enough players, when we turn the ball over and the opposition breaks, they are man for man at worst, this means they get an attempt on goal, or turn it back over quickly, teams don't have to slow down, build, and push people up against us to achieve a numerical advantage, that in turn is why we never get in behind anyone, they never get drawn out because they don't need to, you can attack with 4/5 against us and get good chances and set pieces.

The players we have, we should be playing 5 at the back, sit deep, make the opponent come out, then hit a long ball over the top.
its a lack of passing drills.

very often midfieders run back towards goal not at an angle to turn quickly or to play a quick one 1-2 and receive the ball ahead of them to beat the press. defenders also need to play their part and pass to either sides of the player to give them a head start.

considering that ange doesn't have his own coaches and rely on hired help, it gives me the feeling that he may not have a lot of experience or does not empahsise much on it.

for someone like guardiola these little triangles are fundamental of playing through the team from defence to attack. ditto arteta and slot.
Goalkeeper is becoming an important area for us to strengthen in come January.
And goal keeping coach.
How did vicario got coached from "stay on the line" to "claim everything in the penalty box"?

I personally think its his hot headedness that gets him in trouble. Adrenaline rush = tunnel vision. Jordan Pickford suffers from the same.

Note that the Goons are playing at City.
They kept a load of players beyond the back post, who all rushed in and caused chaos whilst the corner to the back post was headed over by Gabriel.
Minutes later it happened again, but this time Gabriel scored.
Meanwhile Ederson was blatantly blocked off by those rushing in, and fell to the floor crying blue murder.

So it is not only Spurs who are done like that.
It's a really good corner tactic/system, because defenders hate players arriving from behind them at corners and cannot deal with a train of 5 players arriving to 3 defenders.
And the keeper naturally gets blocked as he turns to deal with 5 guys running at him.

Note that the Goons are playing at City.
They kept a load of players beyond the back post, who all rushed in and caused chaos whilst the corner to the back post was headed over by Gabriel.
Minutes later it happened again, but this time Gabriel scored.
Meanwhile Ederson was blatantly blocked off by those rushing in, and fell to the floor crying blue murder.

So it is not only Spurs who are done like that.
It's a really good corner tactic/system, because defenders hate players arriving from behind them at corners and cannot deal with a train of 5 players arriving to 3 defenders.
And the keeper naturally gets blocked as he turns to deal with 5 guys running at him.
Gabriel pushed Romero in the back. That was a foul. Against City though, Arsenal were dominant.

Glad there is someone else who saw that happen, it seems that some fans just want to slag Romero off at the moment and use that instance as a rod to bitch about him again.
I didn’t think it was a foul - certainly not in the context of the shoving and pushing that goes on in a penalty box these days. As a player, though, we’re lucky to have him.

What’s everyone’s view of his form in general at the moment? Even if you put his ability to deal with set pieces to one side, he makes great saves but was a liability yesterday and lucky to get away with dawdling on the ball and the handball.

What’s everyone’s view of his form in general at the moment? Even if you put his ability to deal with set pieces to one side, he makes great saves but was a liability yesterday and lucky to get away with dawdling on the ball and the handball.

I think he's having a tricky time, but I don't think he's in the kind of hole Lloris regularly disappeared down.

I think we can scheme a lot of his worries away and limit the opposition to attacking his strengths, but we need to change how we defend.

I'm not concerned about him long term.

Back