• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

After Saturdays game i would try to sign crouch again.........would help Kane big time,with headers and flick on's.......and someone they can use in the europa cup and carling cup games.....wouldn't cost Levy more than 3 mill,his kind of deal !!!

lol_idi_amin.gif

How many 34 year old plus players has Levy signed for anything more than £1m?

Did you see my post on the match thread?

I thought it highlighted the obvious weakness we have when I saw Crouch warming up and we had no strikers...

Oh and watching them practice and warm up before the game he was by far and away the best finisher out there

Well we did sign Brad Friedal....

yeah it is a left sided thought about Crouch but who is going up front in the europa games,a few years ago we had four quality strikers now we are relying on one 21 year old to play over 45 games on his own,now as usual we are scrambling all over the place to get signings in and paying over the odds....

Did you see my post on the match thread?

I thought it highlighted the obvious weakness we have when I saw Crouch warming up and we had no strikers...

Oh and watching them practice and warm up before the game he was by far and away the best finisher out there

Sorry bedford, but my message was a reply to say get him in for £3m as it had Levy written all over it. I don't think that we will bring Crouch back, but find it somewhat ironic given the abuse that he got at the tail end of his stay with us! But I do think he could do a job!

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is famous for leaving it late in the transfer window.
In the past seven summers Spurs have signed 32 first-team players and 16 of those deals have been completed after the start of the Premier League season.

Of the 16 signings made late in the window in the past seven summers, how many have been hits?

2014-15

Fazio - MISS, Stambouli -MISS

2013-14

Lamela MISS, Eriksen HIT, Chiriches MISS

2012-13

Adebayor MISS, Dembele MISS, Lloris - HIT, Dempsey - MISS

2011-12

Parker HIT, Adebayor (loan) HIT

2010-11

Gallas HIT, Van der Vaart HIT

2009-10

Kranjcar - HIT

2008-09

Pavlyuchenko MISS, Corluka - H
IT

Tottenham's late transfer activity has often disrupted the start of their Premier League season.

Between 2008-09 and 2014-15 Tottenham only won nine matches out of 21 that were played at the start of the season while the window was still open.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ecognised-striker-disgrace.html#ixzz3jG605Z00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is famous for leaving it late in the transfer window.
In the past seven summers Spurs have signed 32 first-team players and 16 of those deals have been completed after the start of the Premier League season.

Of the 16 signings made late in the window in the past seven summers, how many have been hits?

2014-15

2013-14

2012-13

2011-12

2010-11

2009-10

Kranjcar - HIT

2008-09

IT

Tottenham's late transfer activity has often disrupted the start of their Premier League season.

Between 2008-09 and 2014-15 Tottenham only won nine matches out of 21 that were played at the start of the season while the window was still open.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ecognised-striker-disgrace.html#ixzz3jG605Z00

Even with the questionable ratings, that's a 50% success rate. The premise that a signing can only ever be a success of failure is an odd one. What if they started off well for a season or two and then dropped away? What if they were only ever bought as a squad player and so were not expected to be a world-beater.

Just a load of rubbish to try and bring some spurious analysis to back up a spurious claim that Levy only ever wants to get transfers done at the end of the window.

2014-15

2013-14

2012-13

2011-12

2010-11

2009-10

Kranjcar - HIT

2008-09

IT

Wow that's harsh

Dembele has played a lot of games for us for a miss

Looks to me like anyone signed under press favourite Harry was a hit and most others a failure

Back