• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

That's why it's only worth it at a lower price. He is someone I would gamble on.

Is it worth the gamble now when other players may make themselves available at the end of the transfer window. If we could get a VDV style player at the end of the transfer window for slightly more than Llorente now.

If it would cost £8m for Llorente now or £5m at the end of the window (purely hypothetical) if it is just a gamble, would it not be best to take that gamble at a lower rate.

There's just so many variables, including Juventus' asking price and/or wanting to include Eriksen as part of the deal, that it's so simplistic just to say we should sign them now. It just doesn't work that way.

To be fair, I wasn't saying we should snap him up right now, just that he is a player that is available and we should keep in mind. I agree with you about other options presenting themselves, I'm just simply saying that a player like Llorente would be an option that shouldn't be discarded.
Is it worth the gamble now when other players may make themselves available at the end of the transfer window. If we could get a VDV style player at the end of the transfer window for slightly more than Llorente now.

If it would cost £8m for Llorente now or £5m at the end of the window (purely hypothetical) if it is just a gamble, would it not be best to take that gamble at a lower rate.

There's just so many variables, including Juventus' asking price and/or wanting to include Eriksen as part of the deal, that it's so simplistic just to say we should sign them now. It just doesn't work that way.

To be fair, I wasn't saying we should snap him up right now, just that he is a player that is available and we should keep in mind. I agree with you about other options presenting themselves, I'm just simply saying that a player like Llorente would be an option that shouldn't be discarded.

Sorry I was just putting all the options out there and insinuating what you were saying rather than taking it at face value. I agree that we should not be discarding options at this stage, as there's two more weeks of this to go.

I think our club needs to get the remaining signings in as quick as possible, forgetting any time wasting tactics trying to get marginally lower prices. We've already dropped 4 points, we may not have dropped had we had our full squad for the season ahead. We quite likely would have beaten Stoke, had it not been for us being toothless up top when Kane came off. We gave Manchester United a good game & were unlucky to come away with no points. At the end of the season, those dropped points could mean a difference in league placings, cost us a significant amount of money. Why waste time? Why not just go and get the business done? I appreciate that it might not be that 'easy', but the club has had all summer to find the players that it wants, we should have identified a few targets for each position, now just pursue the targets and get one of those for each of the desired position and get done.

I think our club needs to get the remaining signings in as quick as possible, forgetting any time wasting tactics trying to get marginally lower prices. We've already dropped 4 points, we may not have dropped had we had our full squad for the season ahead. We quite likely would have beaten Stoke, had it not been for us being toothless up top when Kane came off. We gave Manchester United a good game & were unlucky to come away with no points. At the end of the season, those dropped points could mean a difference in league placings, cost us a significant amount of money. Why waste time? Why not just go and get the business done? I appreciate that it might not be that 'easy', but the club has had all summer to find the players that it wants, we should have identified a few targets for each position, now just pursue the targets and get one of those for each of the desired position and get done.

You answered your own question, its as simple as that.

That horse has bolted.Its now a slow grind until the window closes.If Leverkusen get knocked out of the CL that will give us from Thurs to try and tie up Bender or Kramer.There will be nothing doing until then with those players imo.

giphy.gif

Just been confirmed by the telegraph journalist that we are getting 10 mil for soldado.

He also broke the story about us paying 13m up front but has just confirmed he was wrong and that we paid 20 with 6m add ons. To me 13m sounded ridiculous so glad that's cleared up.......

Just been confirmed by the telegraph journalist that we are getting 10 mil for soldado.

He also broke the story about us paying 13m up front but has just confirmed he was wrong and that we paid 20 with 6m add ons. To me 13m sounded ridiculous so glad that's cleared up.......

Sources and links would be great...

Think we are in a tricky situation now this window.

Clubs know our squad is short in a number of areas and we need reinforcements badly, if you don't have to sell a player then you can simply play hardball knowing that levy will have to pay or struggle or get a replacement in short time. Imo WBA have us by the goolies and we will have to pay over the odds for Saido now which I am not sure we will do (hope I am wrong)

Before anyone says west brom have 5 senior strikers and need to sell..... We have seen that even low end clubs are investing heavily due to the TV deal money and they know that staying in prem will be hugely worth it.

Imo levy will have to pay up and bite his tongue on this one.... Hasn't covered himself in glory by all accounts

Back