• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Returning to earthly matters....Sky's live transfer centre have just put this up:

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

"
BENTEKE LIVERPOOL’S LAST DEAL?

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke is likely to be the last new facebrought into Liverpool this summer, according to Sky sources.

The Belgian is currently undergoing a medical, and Sky Sports News HQ reporter Kaveh Solhekol says that’s likely to be the end of Brendan Rodgers’ dealings.

"Benteke was his No 1 target. He has already signed six players this summer and there is a general feeling at the club that he will be the last.

"There are still stories linking Liverpool with a move for Marco Reus and Real Madrid’s Asier Illarramendi. But I’ve been told those reports are nonsense.”"

Note the emphasis on Liverpool not moving for Illarramendi. If that's true, and if Real actually do want to sell him regardless.....we could do a lot, lot worse than throw a bid their way.

If we get two players in I would love for it to be Berahino and either a quality winger or centre mid. Moses would be a very underwhelming signing. I've never wrote off a player before they've played a game for us before but I don't see him having any improvement what so ever on what we already have.

I'm far, far from a Townsend fan but if that's the only player in that position we can realistically get this window then it's better to stick with the devil you know, least with Towsend you know you're going to get a wonder goal at some point. The amount of ludicrous long rangers he takes at least one has to fly in and make him look world class on youtube.

Note the emphasis on Liverpool not moving for Illarramendi. If that's true, and if Real actually do want to sell him regardless.....we could do a lot, lot worse than throw a bid their way.[/QUOTE]
How much do you think he will cost? He cost 32 mill euro two years ago, but been a regular in their starting 11. Could £30 mill be enough? I would do it, but I don't think we would spend that sort of money now.

How much do you think he will cost? He cost 32 mill euro two years ago, but been a regular in their starting 11. Could £30 mill be enough? I would do it, but I don't think we would spend that sort of money now.

Spanish newspaper Fichajes recently carried a lot of stuff about Liverpool being quoted 14 million quid for the lad, which would 'allow Madrid to recoup the majority of the fee they paid for him.'

Now, since you've already clarified that the fee is actually 32 million euros, and 14 million pounds only works out to about 20 million euros (which is what I originally thought he was bought for)...that now sounds like flimflam to me.

I think, if Madrid let him go, they'll be looking for somewhere between 17.5 million - 21 million quid for him, which would correlate to what's being asked for McCarthy and Rabiot. Hell, go for any one of 'em, they'd all suit us fine (or at least pretty well, in McCarthy's case) as far as I'm concerned. :p

If we get two players in I would love for it to be Berahino and either a quality winger or centre mid. Moses would be a very underwhelming signing. I've never wrote off a player before they've played a game for us before but I don't see him having any improvement what so ever on what we already have.

I'm far, far from a Townsend fan but if that's the only player in that position we can realistically get this window then it's better to stick with the devil you know, least with Towsend you know you're going to get a wonder goal at some point. The amount of ludicrous long rangers he takes at least one has to fly in and make him look world class on youtube.

I am slowly, slowly changing my mind on Berahino, a player who has definitely talent but whose attitude seemed so utterly brick I was concerned. Perhaps Poch can make it work...

Man Utd's potential move for Müller is worrying. I think he is title-difference maker. Probably my dream purchase TBH. Incredible attacking versatililty, spirit, heart and the best timing I have seen for a decade from a 'non-natural' forward when it comes to arrival in the box. I might be about to engage in a full-on Man U hatefest given my already strong antipathy for Van Gaal...

Man Utd's potential move for Müller is worrying. I think he is title-difference maker. Probably my dream purchase TBH. Incredible attacking versatililty, spirit, heart and the best timing I have seen for a decade from a 'non-natural' forward when it comes to arrival in the box. I might be about to engage in a full-on Man U hatefest given my already strong antipathy for Van Gaal...

I think the best Manure can hope for is an equal squad with Cheat$ki & City, and then it comes down to managers, and LVG will not be the winner ..

Julio Rey of Arosa SC has seen his transfer to Deportivo La Coruna collapse after their online monitoring staff discovered this from three years ago:

reyyy.jpg

Official statement:

Deportivo, who announced the signing of Julio Rey this week, has decided not to complete the deal after finding unfortunate comments made by the player on a personal profile online.

Deportivo understands that a player should wear the blue and white shirt must be an example of sportsmanship, have respect for opponents, commitment and positive sentiment towards the Depor , its colors, its shield and the values that the institution represents.

Riazor is the Depor stadium isn't it?

Anyway, I see Jay Rodriguez featured for Saints tonight ....... we waiting til August 3oth to see if he gains full sharpness before bdding?

I am slowly, slowly changing my mind on Berahino, a player who has definitely talent but whose attitude seemed so utterly crude I was concerned. Perhaps Poch can make it work...

You mean changing as in you want him or you've now decided his attitude would be problematic? I also agree that he is the type who if he had a good season or two at us would move to a bigger club for more money and do it forcefully but in all fairness we should be used to that now. Even players you wouldn't expect it from are more than willing and capable of trying to force your hand if possible.

Just look at Liverpools Raheem Sterling, once a blue always a blue Wayne Rooney. Players put on this sort of act where they play up to the fans as some sort of loyal trooper then bugger of to greener pastures as soon as the opportunity arises. Wouldn't suprise me if Kane tried to in a couple of years time. Hope not, but I would be prepared for it.

Welcome to modern football.

I think Berahinho would be instead of a winger. I think he'd primarily play LWF. He's not really a lone forward - we'd need one of those to cover Kane as well

I think Berahinho would be instead of a winger. I think he'd primarily play LWF. He's not really a lone forward - we'd need one of those to cover Kane as well

Assume for a second that we're getting Berahino and a half-decent DM. I find it difficult to envision that, in that scenario, there would be any money left for cover for Kane on top of those two (who'd probably cost between 30 and 40 million quid easily).

Except for someone like Rickie Lambert, of course. And while that wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, maybe using a striker like Berahino up front as well as at LWF (with the associated tactical changes) could save us the trouble.

Back