• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016

Well I get it at least. And I for one believe that goes on, or something along those lines

Tbh I am still amazed they were allowed to sponsor the competition bearing in mind who and what they currently sponsor

arsenals influence at the FA is institutional

Sad to see that the FA Cup is now barely clinging on to it's 'major honour' status.

I'm convinced within my life time the FA Cup will be nothing more than an ancient relic of a long forgotten tradition as the European Super League takes centre show.

Sad to see that the FA Cup is now barely clinging on to it's 'major honour' status.

I'm convinced within my life time the FA Cup will be nothing more than an ancient relic of a long forgotten tradition as the European Super League takes centre show.

The reason for both domestic cups' existence is to provide trophies to the big clubs that don't win the league. The bottom half club managers prefer going out of both to focus on getting to 40 points.

For me, it still trumps the Europa League. Less games and therefore easier to win.

For me, it still trumps the Europa League. Less games and therefore easier to win.
I think that is just being sentimental mate, I still love the cup because of our tradition in it. However winning the Europa league means a champs league place whilst winning the FA Cup means entering the Europa league.

The reason for both domestic cups' existence is to provide trophies to the big clubs that don't win the league. The bottom half club managers prefer going out of both to focus on getting to 40 points.
I thought Stevve Bruce's attitude towards the cup was disgraceful and disrespectful. He will argue, of course, that promotion to the riches of the Premier League next season is every thing

I just can't forgive the FA giving the name of the cup to the same sponsors as the scum ! The Effeminates cup it is then ... such a shame coz I grew up idolising this prestigious domestic cup in the 70s-90s, and our history in it at the time. But since the First Division became the Premiere League, then the advent of Champions League footy ... never been the same again.

This, and the Europa league have definitely dropped down in importance - this has been discussed time and again, but for those like me who remember time before the Premiere League, it's a magical time we'll never see again. Unfortunately.

Having said that, if we challenge for the title/finish top three, go into the CL from now on, it's 'new history' we'll be creating.

Hope Hull somehow overcome the scum. Can't see it unfortunately - or fortunately if it means they have to play more games and tires them out in the league title run in ...

I was actually talking more about Emirates Marketing Project then anyone else. I don't know how big their squadf is but I would guess they can afford to put 3 or 4 decent sides out with big names in each one. Instead they opted to play some people I'd never heard off.

They probably had the least to lose as well. It doesn't matter where Pellegrini finishes in the league he's still gone in the summer.

Chelsea v Emirates Marketing Project in the 5th round and Emirates Marketing Project stick out that pile.

Now people can argue what they like about the whys etc but as far as I am concerned Emirates Marketing Project spent a billion on players so don't moan to me about lack of players and depth.

I agree with the argument of players, good player wanting to play and play well all the time.

The situation with the FA CUP is if people accept excuses for teams playing crap sides in the 5th round against another super power then the cup has nowhere else to go but die, for me its pure filth the way Emirates Marketing Project dealt with it

Didn't Emirates Marketing Project do what they did not only because of the CL game, but because of the League Cup final coming up after that?

I think making the League Cup a priority over the FA-cup when you get to the semi-final or final stage of the LC is fine. I wouldn't have wanted us to take it as far as Emirates Marketing Project did, but they did also have a lot of injuries to their squad players that could otherwise have played that FA-cup game.

what's the deal with that Mata FK last night?

apparently the ref said it was ok but it looked like a textbook offside to me

With Emirates Marketing Project winning the League Cup after penalties and extra time will anyone congratulate Pellegrini that perhaps he got it right with his priorities?

They now a title they might very easily have missed out on had the players been more tired yesterday. The CL game obviously had to be a priority so Pellegrini did what he could by focusing on that and the cup final.

I know he's already out of City, and he's not made himself a lot of neutral friends by not focusing on the FA-cup. But he got the League Cup win and they got the result in the CL. Difficult to argue with.

Back