• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016

Just looked at Arsenal's fixture list. The next (sixth) FA cup round is 11-14th March.

Where are they going to fit in the replay? Unless they play it at the same time everyone else plays the sixth round? And try and fit in their tie before the semis (23rd&24th April)

Trying to fit it in before our game would be nice ;)

Tues 8th March or Weds 9th March is available to them.

Our problem would come if we need a replay and we get past Fiorentina

Just looked at Arsenal's fixture list. The next (sixth) FA cup round is 11-14th March.

Where are they going to fit in the replay? Unless they play it at the same time everyone else plays the sixth round? And try and fit in their tie before the semis (23rd&24th April)

Trying to fit it in before our game would be nice ;)
Apparently due to UEFA rules they can't play it on a CL game date, so they're going to have to play it on the 7th of March.

Great for Hull, basically meaningless for us.

EDIT:

Apparently due to UEFA rules they can't play it on a CL game date, so they're going to have to play it on the 7th of March.

All reports I've read say any potential replay we may have will be 8th March but should the above rule not apply to us as well meaning a replay on the 7th as well, if it comes to it.

All reports I've read say any potential replay we may have will be 8th March but should the above rule not apply to us as well meaning a replay on the 7th as well, if it comes to it.

You could be onto something there. A potential 4 games in 9 days for us...jeepers.

Leicester must be loving this

You could be onto something there. A potential 4 games in 9 days for us...jeepers.

Leicester must be loving this

I need TP for my bunghole I say, I remember all those years during the 90's when our season was over by the end of Jan, out of the cups and struggling in the middle of the table and no European football.

I need TP for my bunghole I say, I remember all those years during the 90's when our season was over by the end of Jan, out of the cups and struggling in the middle of the table and no European football.

Indeed, but I still remember 1981-82 when we ended up playing 10 league games in the last 20 days. (the last 4 away in the space of a week). That season promised so much and we finished literally hobbling to a Cup replay win. Those players were almost out on their feet come that final match, but as you rightly say, its a lot better than the forgettable 40-match season

Pellegrini barely thinks tomorrow is a "real game" due to amount of changes, and having to play youth

Chelsea at 5/6 is a very good bet

Pellegrini barely thinks tomorrow is a "real game" due to amount of changes, and having to play youth

Chelsea at 5/6 is a very good bet

For me these weekends are like a weekend off from the stress, it a bit 'after the lord mayor's show'. The FA cup died many years ago and being kept on life support at the moment by the BBC/BT. Nostalgia will not keep it going without a big revamp.

For me these weekends are like a weekend off from the stress, it a bit 'after the lord mayor's show'. The FA cup died many years ago and being kept on life support at the moment by the BBC/BT. Nostalgia will not keep it going without a big revamp.

I can't see it ever returning, all the things that's used to make it great are now marks against it for PL sides, it's the reverse of the League Cup

unless the FA Cup is awarded a CL spot it's doomed

I can't see it ever returning, all the things that's used to make it great are now marks against it for PL sides, it's the reverse of the League Cup

unless the FA Cup is awarded a CL spot it's doomed

Then it's doomed. There is not a hope in hell it will get a 4th spot.

The FA will kill replays and that will be it.

I see killing replays as a step in the right direction, if you want to be a successful secondary competition you need to stay out of the way of the real stuff.

They need to have ALL fixtures played midweek and stop simi's at Wembley. It would be great to have the final settled by March 1 and played in May.

This weekend is perfection for the EPL and top 6 Championship clubs. Much bigger prizes up for grabs in their respective leagues. AND the Europa league need the same format as CL with less games. We now should be through to the last 16 NOT 32. That can't be changes till 2018! its a joke.

They need to have ALL fixtures played midweek and stop simi's at Wembley. It would be great to have the final settled by March 1 and played in May.

This weekend is perfection for the EPL and top 6 Championship clubs. Much bigger prizes up for grabs in their respective leagues. AND the Europa league need the same format as CL with less games. We now should be through to the last 16 NOT 32. That can't be changes till 2018! its a joke.

exactly, hull had better things to do than play Arsenal

exactly, hull had better things to do than play Arsenal

Sarcasm?
It's more the timing of these things.
Not sure there is room for the League Cup and FA Cup, plus CL, EL and internationals, it is broken. There is urgent needs a radical rethink.
Especially with EPL's coefficient situation.

Back