• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 24/25

I haven't seen how they decide on the knockout round, but I would guess 9th Vs 24th, 10th Vs 23rd. So finishing higher up should give you an easier tie.

I would also hope that the top 8 would then each face a knock out winner.

If it's just a straight up draw again, then yes, youth and rest players.

Is there much difference between the 9th best team in europe and the 24th though? Uefas coefficients has leipzig 9th and ajax 24th. Yes you'd probably prefer to draw ajax if last seasoon was anything to go by. But if you have a big prem game coming up you might take the risk.

I heard someone say from this season the Europa Conference League is rebranding to the UEFA Conference League! Is that true? If so is the Europa League changing too!?

Edit. I Think it the UEFA Europa League

I heard someone say from this season the Europa Conference League is rebranding to the UEFA Conference League! Is that true? If so is the Europa League changing too!?

Edit. I Think it the UEFA Europa League

Doubt it will change, they will just have Champions League, Europa League and Conference League.

Ineos is "confident" of finding a solution that allows Manchester United and Nice to compete in next season's Europa League.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos company owns a 27.7% stake in United and are in control of the club's football operations, while they completed a takeover of French club Nice in 2019.

Uefa rules restrict the influence any organisation can have over more than one club in the same competition.

An independent panel will rule on the matter before next season's competition starts in the middle of July with the qualifying rounds.

Uefa's regulations meant Belgian club Union Saint-Gilloise had to alter its ownership structure last season to allow it to compete in the Europa League alongside Brighton, whose owner Tony Bloom had been a pivotal figure for both clubs.

Aston Villa and Portuguese side Vitoria Guimaraes faced the same scenario in the Europa Conference League.

It is also a situation Emirates Marketing Project and Spanish side Girona will have to address this summer given they are both part of the City Football Group and have qualified for next season's Champions League.

If a solution is not found United would have to drop into the Conference League as they finished lower in the Premier League last season than fifth-placed Nice did in Ligue 1.

However Ineos is confident that scenario will be avoided.

"We are aware of the position of both clubs and are in direct dialogue with Uefa," it said.

"We are confident we have a route forward for next season in Europe."

Ineos also owns Swiss Super League club FC Lausanne-Sport, but they have not qualified for European competition

Who comes up with this? They didn't realise it would take so long till they simulated a draw?

I could tell them now that not every game will have meaning either. There will be dead rubbers in the last game or 2.
Could be handy for squad rotations/integrations ... especially for us

Ineos is "confident" of finding a solution that allows Manchester United and Nice to compete in next season's Europa League.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Ineos company owns a 27.7% stake in United and are in control of the club's football operations, while they completed a takeover of French club Nice in 2019.

Uefa rules restrict the influence any organisation can have over more than one club in the same competition.

An independent panel will rule on the matter before next season's competition starts in the middle of July with the qualifying rounds.

Uefa's regulations meant Belgian club Union Saint-Gilloise had to alter its ownership structure last season to allow it to compete in the Europa League alongside Brighton, whose owner Tony Bloom had been a pivotal figure for both clubs.

Aston Villa and Portuguese side Vitoria Guimaraes faced the same scenario in the Europa Conference League.

It is also a situation Emirates Marketing Project and Spanish side Girona will have to address this summer given they are both part of the City Football Group and have qualified for next season's Champions League.

If a solution is not found United would have to drop into the Conference League as they finished lower in the Premier League last season than fifth-placed Nice did in Ligue 1.

"We are aware of the position of both clubs and are in direct dialogue with Uefa," it said.

Ineos also owns Swiss Super League club FC Lausanne-Sport, but they have not qualified for European competition
Interesting to see how they are going to deal (circumnavigate..roll eyes) this.

I think this looks ripe for winning.

The current qualifiers don't look scary at all. And no teams that look like 'up and coming' types . Eg Roma/Lazio.

And with no CL drop ins to muddy the path later...we should be all in.

Bilbao are a danger...with the lure of being at home in the final.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me guys. Only took 5 pages.

Imagine how confused joe public are going to be without anyone to explain it to them? Can't see the new format being too popular.
Not much to be bothered about being confused of. It's a league of 36 teams, where you get to play 8 of them. 2 from each of the 4 pots. Get as many points as possible. That's it. If you're among the top 8, you get 1 less round, as those from 9th to 24th will have to fight it out to get to the knock out rounds.

Last edited:

What about girona and city?

Not much to be bothered about being confused of. It's a league of 36 teams, where you get to play 8 of them. 2 from each of the 4 pots. Get as many points as possible. That's it. If you're among the top 8, you get 1 less game, as those from 9th to 24th will have to fight it out to get to the knock out rounds.

Some of us just like to understand how it all works.

I din't know the playoff was just one leg (as you suggest).

How am i being difficult and pedantic? The league is one leg games. You said the playoffs are one extra game.
I meant one round. You're being difficult because you want this to be difficult. The only difference is the initial league. Everything else is as its always been. Knock out rounds are always home and away.

I meant one round. You're being difficult because you want this to be difficult. The only difference is the initial league. Everything else is as its always been. Knock out rounds are always home and away.

It's a totally new format that is overly complicated. Asking how it works isn't being difficult. You giving wrong information makes it difficult.

You could have just said i meant one round. That would be cool. No probs.

It’s not hard I read the format once and it’s stuck and I don’t give a floating-brick about European games.

Just remember that Italian teams will be on drugs if there is money to be made and every one else will be out bribing each other to buy the officials.

It’s a load of old toss, all of it.

In the 15 seasons since 2010:
Team.........Average Position
ManCity 1.7
United 4.0
Liverpool 4.4
Arsenal 4.4
Chelsea 4.5
Spurs 4.8

Leicester 9.0
Everton 10.0
Newc 11.2