• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 24/25

It's almost exactly the same as before. You played one from each pot, now it's two from each pot. Only difference is that now you face a team from the same pot as you.

You get drawn against 2 teams from each pot, including the one you are in to make 8 games.

So you could end up with the same draw if you were in pot 1,2,3 or 4

You get drawn against 2 teams from each pot, including the one you are in to make 8 games.

So you could end up with the same draw if you were in pot 1,2,3 or 4
If you're in pot 2, you play two teams from pot 1. If you're in pot 1, you play one team from pot 1. It's the whole point of seeding, and no different to it ever was.

If we take it seriously we have a massive chance to win it
The last time we took it seriously was Jol, and he got the sack for not getting top 4. Ange had a go at the fans for not wanting to win a match, but look at the team he put out against Fulham in the League Cup. Don't hold your breath.

If you're in pot 2, you play two teams from pot 1. If you're in pot 1, you play one team from pot 1. It's the whole point of seeding, and no different to it ever was.

You get two teams from each pot no matter what. The whole point of the seeding is to make sure everyone gets a similar level of opposition.

The last time we took it seriously was Jol, and he got the sack for not getting top 4. Ange had a go at the fans for not wanting to win a match, but look at the team he put out against Fulham in the League Cup. Don't hold your breath.

That was very early in his term here and that team could and should have won that game. I've never been a fan of "rotation" I would always play the best team available based on their fitness, but it was a good chance to see players in a competitive match. If "rotation" is used I would limit it to 2/3 players where it doesnt weaken the team and gives the incoming players a better chance to show what they can do, particularly younger ones, those any XI blokes with a pair of boots teams we've played in the past were criminal.

Yes, but you still have to play two other top seeded teams. There are no advantages that I can see, the only purpose of the different pots is the draw.

Are you saying they'd be 3 teams from pot 1 in our "group" (including us)? Then 2 from the other pots? How would that work if there are 9 teams in each pot, one "group" would have no teams from pot 1.

If it is 2 teams from each pot (including us) that would be only 8 teams. 36 cannot be divided by 8.

Are you saying they'd be 3 teams from pot 1 in our "group" (including us)? Then 2 from the other pots? How would that work if there are 9 teams in each pot, one "group" would have no teams from pot 1.

If it is 2 teams from each pot (including us) that would be only 8 teams. 36 cannot be divided by 8.

There are no groups. It's a single league where we draw 8 teams to play and each of those teams draw 7 other teams which may or may not be the same ones that we play.

I'm intrigued to see how the draw procedure will work.

There are no groups. It's a single league where we draw 8 teams to play and each of those teams draw 7 other teams which may or may not be the same ones that we play.

Automated.
Say we get drawn out, a computer will then pick our 8 opponents. Otherwise they say a draw could take 4hrs.

That's why i put "group" in quotations.

The may or may not be the same ones we play changes things. While making it even more complicated.

It's going to be a weird draw.

They talk about the CL, but it will look the same for us

Who comes up with this? They didn't realise it would take so long till they simulated a draw?

I could tell them now that not every game will have meaning either. There will be dead rubbers in the last game or 2.

Who comes up with this? They didn't realise it would take so long till they simulated a draw?

I could tell them now that not every game will have meaning either. There will be dead rubbers in the last game or 2.

I'm not sure. With so many in that league, goal difference could play a big part. You will want to go relatively strong in each game to build up a better goal difference to get a better draw in the next round

I'm not sure. With so many in that league, goal difference could play a big part. You will want to go relatively strong in each game to build up a better goal difference to get a better draw in the next round

Finishing 9 to 24th in the league makes no difference though. If you don't have a chance of finishing 1-8th or 25th-36th. You put out a youth team and rest your players.

Teams might actually prefer the playoffs. More matchday revenue and tv money i'm guessing.

Finishing 9 to 24th in the league makes no difference though. If you don't have a chance of finishing 1-8th or 25th-36th. You put out a youth team and rest your players.

I haven't seen how they decide on the knockout round, but I would guess 9th Vs 24th, 10th Vs 23rd. So finishing higher up should give you an easier tie.

I would also hope that the top 8 would then each face a knock out winner.

If it's just a straight up draw again, then yes, youth and rest players.

Back