• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Hopefully Spurs will get the 2nd leg at home then

Would like Chelscum to go on a daunting trip to Kazan 3 days before we play them at SB

No thanks. I've just given easyjet 150 of my hard earned notes and another 50 to some bricky hostel in the red light district.

Both companies are not exactly known to not give refunds or move dates. So, i'd rather the dates stayed exactly the same.

Is it same for SF's too ???
Appears so based on what I'm reading in the regulations. Same applies for Champions League, by the way.

It also says the home club has to make up to 200 top category tickets available for "VIP" guests of the visiting club. Ha!

Oh, and then there are the complimentary VIP tickets that UEFA mandates for itself. 40 for the Group stages, 70 for the Rounds of 32 and 16, 110 for the QF and SF.

The final is evidently entirely at UEFA's discretion in terms of allocations.

We seem to give visiting sides a lot more than 5%.
It says the 5% is the minimum that have to be allocated. I suppose we fob off more if we think the visiting side can sell them and we can't? But we hardly ever seem to ask for - or take - extra. I can remember once or twice I think, but maybe I'm just making that up.

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - QF Draw Friday 11.40 am

UEFA's website is not very clear but we got 3 coefficient points from the results against Lyon - 2 for the win and 1 for the draw. We also will get 3 from the results against Inter - 2 for winning the 1st Leg and 1 for advancing to the quarter-final.

On UEFA's "Season club coefficients" page http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/seasonclub/index.html it currently shows we have 13 coefficient points for this season (plus 2.714 from the association coefficient). They haven't updated yet the 1 point from reaching the quarter-final so these points are:
2 group match wins = 2 x 2 = 4 points
4 group match draws = 4 points
Lyon = 3 points
Inter 1st Leg = 2 points
4 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 13 points

Thanks for making that clearer. I think.

Should we not have gained 4 pts from Lyon - 2 for the win, 1 for the draw, 1 for advancing. With Inter, clearly all we earned was 3pts. That should give us a total of 15 points from EL play this season. UEFA show us with 15.714 pts so far, so where the extra .714 come from, I have no idea. It's Byzantine on purpose, isn't it?

Both these games with Basel have to be viewed as winnable. Take 4 pts from those and a fifth for advancing and we jump ahead of ManCity in the UEFA rankings and likely into a second seeding in a CL draw. Good motivation.

Last edited:
Appears so based on what I'm reading in the regulations. Same applies for Champions League, by the way.

It also says the home club has to make up to 200 top category tickets available for "VIP" guests of the visiting club. Ha!

Oh, and then there are the complimentary VIP tickets that UEFA mandates for itself. 40 for the Group stages, 70 for the Rounds of 32 and 16, 110 for the QF and SF.

The final is evidently entirely at UEFA's discretion in terms of allocations.

The final this year is
10000 uefa+buddies
18000 public ballot (already done)
10000 for each finalist

If [-o< we get there lets hope for a team with the brickest amount of away fans so we can turn the place lilywhite

It will be my first trip to Switzerland, can not wait \o/

See you out there!
How are you travelling?
Im on the thursday 08:10 out of Gatwick. Im pretty excited too, another country to tick off my ever growing list.

I've heard from a few people that went to Bern for the Young Boys game that it was ridiculously expensive too. Can't be as bad as 9 euro pints in Milan though surely.

See you out there!
How are you travelling?
Im on the thursday 08:10 out of Gatwick. Im pretty excited too, another country to tick off my ever growing list.

I've heard from a few people that went to Bern for the Young Boys game that it was ridiculously expensive too. Can't be as bad as 9 euro pints in Milan though surely.

Not sure yet, the lads i usally travel with fancy driving down. I missed the Young Boys game as i was away but will be doing this for sure. As for the price of beer one of the advanatges of driving is we can stock up on the way down.

See you out there!
How are you travelling?

Basel - you can do 3 countries in 2hrs on foot.,...good idea for a bar crawl:-k

Basel play on grass not 3G to anyone that was asking/wondering.

Delighted with the draw - Fenerbahce if we advance folowed by Benfica in Amsterdam would be perfect. I think Mumorn was asking why people specifically wanted Benfica? Well it was mentioned about 61/62 and being beaten in the semis of the European Cup. It was widely accepted that the referee may have been "unduly influenced" prior to the game as we were denied a blatant goal and a couple of penalties from what I understand in particularly dodgy circumstances.

I think the other part of it is that Benfica have a very rich history in terms of European football and would be the most glamourous of all the remaining teams to play in a final. Throw in the the fact AVB managed their main rivals and it has the ingredients to be a great final.

RAWK:

That's funny because Basel just knocked Zenit out who knocked Liverpool out.

Its that magic scouse intellect, don't even try to understand it as it is beyond comprehension for anyone not blessed with that scally sense of personality.

Back