• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - QF Draw Friday 11.40 am

2nd in the Swiss League.

Knocked out by Cluj in the Champions League qualifiers.

Finished 2nd in there Europa League group, drew with Sporting Lisbon, and Genk twice. Lost to Videoton but beat Videoton and Sporting Lisbon.

Beat Dnipro 2-0 at home, drew 1-1 away in the last 32.

Beat Zenit 2-0 at home, lost 1-0 away in the last 16.

What I gather is that they aren't good away from home. Haven't won once away in Europe all season.

Tottenham are usually the perfect team to change this kinda of stat

obviously no mugs at this stage of the tournament, beating Zenit is not to be sniffed at either

They made sure they won important home games (only reason they are this far), yet to win away. Liverpool beat Zenit at home, but it was the away game that cost them.

We are superb at home to be honest.

of course we are better at home now and we should win comfortably. But this is Spurs we are talking about and their is always a chance that something will go wrong

anyway, after picking out Lyon and Inter previously, we deserved a bit of luck in this draw

Fenerbache in the semis and Benfica in the final would be just about perfect. We will however have to face Chelsea.

2nd in the Swiss League.

Knocked out by Cluj in the Champions League qualifiers.

Finished 2nd in there Europa League group, drew with Sporting Lisbon, and Genk twice. Lost to Videoton but beat Videoton and Sporting Lisbon.

Beat Dnipro 2-0 at home, drew 1-1 away in the last 32.

Beat Zenit 2-0 at home, lost 1-0 away in the last 16.

What I gather is that they aren't good away from home. Haven't won once away in Europe all season.

our away form ain't too good.we haven't won away once and got stuffed last night.

Some Swiss opinions;

- And first away for once. Beautiful thing. London in April should be beautiful

- It is finally not Olten or so .... but London, as well as 5 games could take place on the same day
Go to: Very Horny, finally no Russians or Eastern Europeans! The stadium will be full, everyone is happy and get ahead
is not so unrealistic.

- bale has its barrier yesterday unfortunately already served against Inter. well, that's ok, the chances of a semi-final but very small. nevertheless, we must also trust that the guys finally

- I like our FCB, the players and the board real treat. I hope that you can use this item to offset the deficits of previous rounds of something. Even for us fans, it's an attractive Los

Doesnt really make sense!!!! Arghhh

a bit of reaction from Basel

Bitte keinesfalls!!
Benfica (sauschwer, unsympathisch, nicht schon wieder!)
Fenerbahce (zuhause ein Auswärtsspiel, ich mag die Türken nicht!)
Lazio (schwer, langweilig)

Ganz okay, könnte damit leben - would be okay, can live with that
Rubin (scheiss unattraktiv aber schlagbar!) fudging unappealing but beatable
Tottenham (sauschwer, dafür attraktiv) - f'king diffcult but therefore attractive
Chelsea (sauschwer, dafür attraktiv)

Nehm ich mit Handkuss
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (machbar & attraktiv!) doable :ross:

after the draw:

für mich der schwerste verbliebene gegner - for me the hardest opponent left

Spurs - wird schwer. Die soll sich doch ein bisschen speziell um Bale kümmern, dann kommt das schon gut. will be difficult, look after bale and we'll be ok

geile stadt, geiler gegner, nix kalt und osten und vor allem endlich wieder mal was neues! (chelsea wär auch ok gewesen) cool city, cool opponent not cold and finally something new (Chelsea would have been ok too)

Last edited:

Anyone who goes with Thomas Cook is automatically labelled a wally. Thats what everyone calls the fans who travel with them. "The wally Bus"

:ross:

Very good. I'll consider other options then!

The UEFA Europa League semi-final draw will be made on Friday 12 April, with ties to be played on 25 April and 2 May. This year's final will be held at the Amsterdam ArenA on 15 May.

so another draw if we get through,like the good old days.

Back