• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2024 - The European Football Championship

A collection of (pretty good) individuals vs a team. The only time we looked good was when behind. Which shows this side can play well. And suggests they lacked belief and a proper setup/plan.

To have Bellingham forced to take the ball on the edge of his box, rather than on the edge of theirs for 90% of the game, of course you're not going to see the best of us. To boot the ball long constantly, when we have players like Mainoo, Palmer etc.

Would be nice to see this collection of players under a manager who can give players confidence to express themselves, and go toe to toe with a side like Spain, who pound for pound are our equal. We have as much talent in the England side imo. But the Spanish are setup to be able to show it. That was the difference.

The tactics seemed to be bang it long to a striker
And hope the midfield pick up second balls
It’s posh old school
The new manager has to look at who is comfortable with the ball

I layed us for the tournament after the Switzerland game. Had we won i would have been fudged.

If we had a decent defence and not played Kane I would have lost 3 grand. Im one relieved guy right now.

The tactics seemed to be bang it long to a striker
And hope the midfield pick up second balls
It’s posh old school
The new manager has to look at who is comfortable with the ball

The new manager needs to pick a system that will get the best out of the players he has available.

You have Foden, Bellingham and Kane all looking to get into the same space.

Play Kane with players who run past him.

Foden and Bellingham need a forward who will push the defenders back giving them room to work in.

Need to make that tough call to drop someone

On the plus side there were 2 arse

players in the side...😁..OK unsporting of me..l honestly don't know why they keep raving on about Southgate though..Let's face it they were fortunate to get to the final!

So he asks why we didnt push on when we had the momentum at 1-1 and Ian Wright goes on about Harry Kane not being fit.

1/ He wasnt on the pitch at 1-1
2/ You still didnt answer the question asked

Positives for England.

Mainoo, been England's best player, just need to find another competent midfielder to play with him.

Palmer, not phased at all, should be starting games really.

They should absolutely stick with Southgate too, his tactics work, his subs work, he overachieves, he just didn't have the players, other than leaving out Dier and Grealish, he doesn't get much blame from me.

What a disappointing ending! Spain well deserved winners and undoubtedly the best team in the tournament from start to finish. Should be favourites for the World Cup in 2026 IMO. Just wish yet again we were more progressive and stopped being so negative. Southgate’s final game for England surely? Shouldn’t be sacked but do the decent thing and walk away and let someone else take the team on. Another no show in a final from Kane. He’s a non-factor in semis and finals unless it’s from the penalty spot. I honestly think his place in the team is under threat now. Watkins comes on and puts the defence under pressure whereas Kane just ambles about and doesn’t even influence the game with his passing like he should do.

Positives for England.

Mainoo, been England's best player, just need to find another competent midfielder to play with him.

Palmer, not phased at all, should be starting games really.

They should absolutely stick with Southgate too, his tactics work, his subs work, he overachieves, he just didn't have the players, other than leaving out Dier and Grealish, he doesn't get much blame from me.
Holy brick balls lol

Back