• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2024 - The European Football Championship

Only one of them starts for England
And rice isn’t brick
He would start for every side in the prem apart from city
He would start for every side in France, Italy and Spain expect for Madrid
He hasn’t been great this tournament but he looks tired to me

I strongly disagree, I think he’s garbage, suspect positionally, little awareness, poor passer, and so weak, he got muscled off the ball by a kid for the Dutch goal the other night.

Only Germany and Spain, really. England at least have had moments of brilliance (as opposed to say France and Portugal). Georgia, Austria and Turkey have been more fun to watch than England, but have less quality player by player.

I think we have a slight edge over Germany personally, although I’m glad we don’t have to play them in their back yard as beating them in those circumstances would be tough. France and Spain are on a par with us. Don’t think there’s any clear favourite though. There hasn’t been a dominant team in international football since the Spain team from 08-12.

I wonder - no really, I do - whether any English person can just enjopy the fact we are in another final, our first EVER final on foreign soil, and that we might well win it.
Will we allow ourselves to feel good/excited/enjoy these days leading up to it, or will we analyse to death who's a taco, who isn't great, who should be there, what wasn't a pen, etc, etc...

That’s the point of pro sport, anyone who enjoys it doesn’t understand it and isn’t thinking hard enough.

He’s at least part of the reason why Arsenal had the best defence in the league. Granted he’s not in the same league as Rodri but not many are.

He has better players covering for him at arsenal. He’s also part of the reason they bottled it.

He’s so lucky Mainoo came into the team.

He’s at least part of the reason why Arsenal had the best defence in the league. Granted he’s not in the same league as Rodri but not many are.
He was a massive reason why
They didnt change many other things but added and elite DM to their team and the amount of shots against dropped massively
Despite him not playing as well for England the bricks against tally is very low too
He does some things right even when not playing as well as he can

I think we have a slight edge over Germany personally, although I’m glad we don’t have to play them in their back yard as beating them in those circumstances would be tough. France and Spain are on a par with us. Don’t think there’s any clear favourite though. There hasn’t been a dominant team in international football since the Spain team from 08-12.
Spain are much better
Their possession game has control of the tempo.
Ours is sideways passing
Spain this tournament team have been almost as good as their trophy winning ones and I suspect they will win that trophy on Sunday

A great discussion, let's forget about performances and the discussion amounts to "Yay, we're in the final".
Actually, very possibly.
Something Keane etc said the other day - club football is about tactics and plans etc, international football, especially in tournaments, is just as much about moments.
England are producing moments - the overhead kick, the penalty shoot out, the last minute winner.

He was a massive reason why
They didnt change many other things but added and elite DM to their team and the amount of shots against dropped massively
Despite him not playing as well for England the bricks against tally is very low too
He does some things right even when not playing as well as he can

and then ironically didn't play him as a 6 all the time
Spain are much better
Their possession game has control of the tempo.
Ours is sideways passing
Spain this tournament team have been almost as good as their trophy winning ones and I suspect they will win that trophy on Sunday

This is the least possession-based Spanish side we've seen in many years. They've been looking to break with the speedsters and beenquite happy to give up possession and counter more. I think both Yamal and Richards are outstanding talents, but inexperience and age could be the detail. Yamal is just scary but he is also very young; perhaps the physical and mental toll will start to show themselves on Sunday. Carvahal being back is not great, and I'd be happy if Morata cannot play as it would leave Spain without a key, experienced player (their skipper too). I think we have an excellent chance of grinding out the win. Our recent tournament experience could be the detail...I think we'll find a way.

I strongly disagree, I think he’s garbage, suspect positionally, little awareness, poor passer, and so weak, he got muscled off the ball by a kid for the Dutch goal the other night.
His forward passing is poor, but defensively he is excellent. He'll never control a game like Rodri will but there aren't exactly tons of Rodris about.

They didn’t even qualify for the next WC if I recall correctly. And they hustled the win. I don’t think they had much quality personally. As you say it’s all about opinions, maybe they were a great side. Any stand out players?
You mean the previous WC. Qualifications to the 2026 WC hasn't started yet. But they didn’t qualify for 2022.

I wonder - no really, I do - whether any English person can just enjoy the fact we are in another final, our first EVER final on foreign soil, and that we might well win it.
Will we allow ourselves to feel good/excited/enjoy these days leading up to it, or will we analyse to death who's a taco, who isn't great, who should be there, what wasn't a pen, etc, etc...
Its the new way @steff :).....

People are being changed....en masse.

Back