• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

I think the commentator at the time downplayed it by saying Dier knew little of what happened.
Ray Houghton said that I believe inferring that Dier didn't mean to head the ball at all, which is of course bollox like most of the things he says.
I thought it was more a glancing header rather than the back of his head. Unless he is an owl it looked physically impossible for the ball to hit the back of his head

He really is going to be a very good player, not sure he is the same type or will be in the same class as Ledley.
However im hoping the RB, DM all prove useful in his development as they did with Ledley, and that we dont end up just pushing him all over the place as he can do a job anywhere.

Despite all the fears so far probably been our best player, despite all the calls for a "proper" DM

He really is going to be a very good player, not sure he is the same type or will be in the same class as Ledley.
However im hoping the RB, DM all prove useful in his development as they did with Ledley, and that we dont end up just pushing him all over the place as he can do a job anywhere.

Despite all the fears so far probably been our best player, despite all the calls for a "proper" DM

he has done ok, but again his inexperience is going to cost us.....a couple of times on Sat he stood too far off the Stoke player and allowed him to easily cross the ball into the box, i think it happened with Ireland

Tottenham's Dier determined to score more goals this season

REUTERS - Tottenham Hotspur defender Eric Dier said he is determined to get on the scoresheet more often this season after becoming the first player since Darren Anderton to score the club's first goal of the season in successive campaigns.

The 21-year-old got Spurs' season up and running when he headed in the opener during the 2-2 draw against Stoke City on Saturday.

He also scored the club's first goal of last season against West Ham United, when he rounded the keeper in injury time to convert a through ball from Harry Kane.

He scored again in Spurs' 4-0 drubbing of Queens Park Rangers in their next game, but the goals dried up after that.

"Last season I was disappointed because I scored the two early goals and didn't score again," Dier, who was deployed in midfield against Stoke, told the club website (www.tottenhamhotspur.com).

"This season, I want to score more goals. I know if I keep playing in midfield and keep doing well I'll hopefully have more chances," he added.

"I think I can do better from set-pieces and get in better positions.

"Last season I could have scored a few more goals so this season, hopefully I'll get past two," he said.

Anderton, the last Tottenham player to score the first goal of the season in successive campaigns, achieved the feat in the 2000-01 and 2001-02 seasons.

-----------------------------------------------

Just imagine, Dier and Anderton are the only Spurs players in the last 15 years or so to have scored our first goal in successive seasons. Credit to Dier for achieving this feat but this shows we never had a consistent goal scorer during this period.

Really impressed with him today and is making me believe he can grow into the cm role.

Brilliant game, defended well, passed well and put a foot in.

There was one moment people may have missed, Everton were attacking and Toby got sucked out of position and Dier slipped right in to cover, the play died for Everton but it's that type of itelligence that to me has me thinking he might be worth the chance at DM.

A physical DM with a decent passing range, yes please ...

The answer to our prayers

Unless we uncover or spend a lot of money on a quality DM he will develop more and more in the role

Compare him to Barry and McCarthy and he was light years ahead on the ball and off it

First game I've watched live this season. I must say he's better in that role than I thought he'd be,and he's only going to get better....

He was also (visibly) calm when the Everton players tried to wind him up. Perhaps his Portuguese footie upbringing?
I have noticed this last season too - he goes beyond that, he shows contempt for those kind of antics, which will win his opponents up no end. It's great.

Top performance today. Still think long term he'll be a CB but it helps players development to play in different positions

Very calm and mature player for someone so young. Should be a core part of first 11/squad for years

Top performance today. Still think long term he'll be a CB but it helps players development to play in different positions

Very calm and mature player for someone so young. Should be a core part of first 11/squad for years
I actually think his tackling is a bit risky for a CB, but perfect for a DM as you get a bit more control of positioning and timing at DM as you can roam around a bit more. Tackling isn't really that big of a part of a CB game anymore.

Back