• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Ally Gold says the club is denying at this point (if that means anything)

Be an interesting conversation, so many people dislike ENIC

- Would you feel better with Qatar being part/full owners
- Would you care if we finally won on the back of an injection of significant money?
- Perhaps the interesting question, given owners that would put cash in every year, would you want to keep Levy on?

This one smacks of "careful what you wish for"

I wouldn't wanna do it that way and I wouldn't want success with money from those regimes. I'm not going to soapbox like the world cup and I don't judge those that want that it's just not for me.

Spurs is Spurs and my club despite lack of success and all that came before City and Chelsea etc so I'm not swayed by the promises of riches and success.

As you get older other things change and your priorities change, I've seen enough of Spurs and us win a cup for it to be a good enough memory to part on and I would likely focus on going to watch Essex and England cricket home and away which is on my list to do and fill the void elsewhere

Ally Gold says the club is denying at this point (if that means anything)

Be an interesting conversation, so many people dislike ENIC

- Would you feel better with Qatar being part/full owners
- Would you care if we finally won on the back of an injection of significant money?
- Perhaps the interesting question, given owners that would put cash in every year, would you want to keep Levy on?

This one smacks of "careful what you wish for"
Not better necessarily but I’d still enjoy winning things
I actually love the way we’re self funded as in effect it’s us fans driving the improvement, rather than a cheat code. But as we all know that’s never enough for many and it has to be jam tomorrow or none at all

Why would a legit… if there is one… billionaire want a football team
Yeah an investment group could buy us but so far that hasn’t worked in football as far as I’m aware, as none have deep enough pockets but their very nature

Ego. They have more wealth than they can ever spend so the next thing is usually prestige and fame. They might find it fun, the ultimate gamble. Pitching yourself against other billionaires.

If the fans wanted ENIC to stay and Qatar Investments puts in an offer that surpasses expectations, what do you think would happen?

If the fans wanted ENIC to stay and Qatar Investments puts in an offer that surpasses expectations, what do you think would happen?

They won’t whilst PSG is their priority. Due to the rule against two clubs being majority held by the same owners playing in the same competition - the Champions League etc

I can’t understand how a minor holding would work in terms of investment.

If we ignore the rule above then ENIC would likely choose to sell if the offer was significant and above and beyond what would be expected.

Multi club investments? Sounds abit odd but such is football...
Makes sense that after a successful World Cup they are trying to develop local talents by having influence in overseas clubs as it takes too long to develop the local football environment.
Qatar is what England was hundreds of years ago. They will take time to clean up and raise standards to first world levels, but developing new legit businesses is the right way to got.
As long as the new club onwer isn't doing anything illegal in England and if the Government/Bank of England clears their funding, i would have no problems supporting them.
Also this will open up Sponsorships from that region which will be on Levy's priority list given the stadium sponsorship has been vacant for years - maybe we will end up being another "Emirates" printed shirt too.

They won’t whilst PSG is their priority. Due to the rule against two clubs being majority held by the same owners playing in the same competition - the Champions League etc

If we ignore the rule above then ENIC would likely choose to sell if the offer was significant and above and beyond what would be expected.

I remember enic did an interview with garth crooks years back. He said the club was always for sale if the price was right. They are an investment group. They might not be actively looking to sell. But if someone comes in with the right offer they will.

Makes sense that after a successful World Cup they are trying to develop local talents by having influence in overseas clubs as it takes too long to develop the local football environment.
Qatar is what England was hundreds of years ago. They will take time to clean up and raise standards to first world levels, but developing new legit businesses is the right way to got.
As long as the new club onwer isn't doing anything illegal in England and if the Government/Bank of England clears their funding, i would have no problems supporting them.
Also this will open up Sponsorships from that region which will be on Levy's priority list given the stadium sponsorship has been vacant for years - maybe we will end up being another "Emirates" printed shirt too.

Develop local talents? They have a population of 300k (therest is made up of migrant workers). Most of whom are extremely rich. Not sure they will be winning world cups anytime soon.

Would come with something else - position on the board, football programs to share knowledged and expertise, joint investments else where e,g, qatar youth academy... my guess is getting Middle Eastern players into Spurs youth academies and loans to Qatar leagues etc. The way the Asian Culture is I won't be surprised if there are other Asian businesses pulled in around non-football opportunities e.g. land and property development.

Develop local talents? They have a population of 300k (therest is made up of migrant workers). Most of whom are extremely rich. Not sure they will be winning world cups anytime soon.

That's exactly their problem and instead of accepting immigrant service workers, they would happily give free citizenships to sports people of repute to develop a sporting culture and industry.

Also, france won the world cup with largely an immigrant team and it look what it did for their football league,

What else would you do if all you have is sand, sun and oil?

That's exactly their problem and instead of accepting immigrant service workers, they would happily give free citizenships to sports people or repute to develop a sporting culture and industry.
What else would you do if all you have is sand, sun and oil?

They are trying to build up a tourist industry, just as dubai has and like saudi are trying with neom. They know gas isn't going to last forever (especially with climate change) and are buying foreign businesses so that they will have an income and influence when the taps are turned off.

They are trying to build up a tourist industry, just as dubai has and like saudi are trying with neom. They know gas isn't going to last forever (especially with climate change) and are buying foreign businesses so that they will have an income and influence when the taps are turned off.

I guess that like coal, the taps will never be turned off completely until we see the costs across the entire value chain of green energy (creation and storage) is lower than oil.
Regardless, it is in their national interest that they grow their population with new industries and more people.

the problem as we know isn't funding new industries but attracting the right people at all levels.
that said i think football is a poor choice considering the climate there. if i were them i'd take it indoors like futsal, and where there is less global competition.

Not sure a countries first step to building its international standing is this route TBH, I mean we all love football but it is just football, buying a stake in Spurs doesn't legitimise you as a country I would say its more an ego thing.

On sponsors we do pretty well TBH, as I have said before we want a US sponsor for the ground to compliment all the work we have done there with the NFL and ground work with Levy opening stockmarket etc

I would be shocked if the next play is Middle East and not America but then this is football, all could change

Would definitely boycott the club and everything to do with if we ever got into bed with a murderous authoritarian regime and their climate-destroying gains.

Also, being bought by oil money today is like being bought by a typewriter corporation in 1993. They'll be nothing but dust by the end of the decade.

Would definitely boycott the club and everything to do with if we ever got into bed with a murderous authoritarian regime and their climate-destroying gains.

Also, being bought by oil money today is like being bought by a typewriter corporation in 1993. They'll be nothing but dust by the end of the decade.

Not sure murderous is quite right. They've only executed 1 person (for murder) in the last 20 years. Yes their health and safety and the way they treat migrant workers needs improvement and we can disagree with them that homosexuality is still illegal there. But they aren't the saudis. Hell singapore executed 33 people last year and still have homosexuality as a crime.

The tourism industry in Dubai is a sideshow, though. Although it attracts a subset of the ultrawealthy/influencers each year, most regular folks want to travel to places with history, of which Dubai has none.

Dubai's real strategic play (well, the UAE's strategic play using Dubai as the vehicle) is to become the transshipment/nodal hub for the Middle East, the place to both route logistics and air traffic through and the place to conduct business deals in. It's why they group together travel and tourism when talking about the sector - tourism is a pleasant bonus, but the real money, influence and geopolitical safety is in becoming the Middle East's entrepot, and they have the infrastructure for it (Dubai Intl, Mina Jebel Ali managed by DP World, and so on).

The problem is, there is only room for one of those - and Doha has nowhere near the pull of Dubai in that regard, so the Qataris are starting off on the back foot. And no one wants to travel to Doha, not even for the tacky malls built with human blood and suffering that they can already see in Dubai.

When it comes to us, I'm honestly torn about the Qataris - would have preferred a more morally upright buyer, but those are impossibly rare in the billionaire class. What's more pertinent is that we simply cannot compete anymore with our model as it stands - ENIC commendably put in 100m of their own cash last summer, only to see City, United and Arsenal match/surpass it, Chelsea embark on a 300m+ spending spree and Saudi Sportswashing Machine climb above us with their pockets full of blood money.

The sharks now circling are too rich to fight off, so do we stick or twist - and what would it mean for Tottenham Hotspur if we got bought out by bloody-handed Middle Eastern royals? can't decide, tbh.

Not sure murderous is quite right. They've only executed 1 person (for murder) in the last 20 years. Yes their health and safety and the way they treat migrant workers needs improvement and we can disagree with them that homosexuality is still illegal there. But they aren't the saudis. Hell singapore executed 33 people last year and still have homosexuality as a crime.
The US still executes people in any states too.

They also attacked Iraq by mistake (no WMD) but of course its hard to make a big deal.

And the way they've unfairly repressed minority races through the years....

b61f528dbd4160e4d9192c88add88fbc.jpg

Back