• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I just block anyone who has a #enicout in their post. Makes twitter more enjoyable.
I actually haven’t any issues with the ENIC out phalanx but their argument needs flipping in it’s head now
It should be less abiut what you have not done and more abiotic what you can’t do

e.g. Enic can’t keep in investing £150m a year to top up the coffers.

I actually haven’t any issues with the ENIC out phalanx but their argument needs flipping in it’s head now
It should be less abiut what you have not done and more abiotic what you can’t do

e.g. Enic can’t keep in investing £150m a year to top up the coffers.

I'd be happy if someone came in and invested a load of money into the club. But pushing the enic out mantra now is just being toxic and petty. We spent £169m in the summer, have an elite manager, are still in the cl, doing fairly well in the league and have the best facilities in europe. Enic are not the glazers syphoning off huge amounts of money from the club. They actually invested and the money we generate is put back into the club. The only problem levy has is that he wasn't born with an oil field in his back garden.

if the board don't stand behind conte, we'll never get close to winning anything, he needs time

a new owner right now isn't the answer especially if they have their own plans

I'd be happy if someone came in and invested a load of money into the club. But pushing the enic out mantra now is just being toxic and petty. We spent £169m in the summer, have an elite manager, are still in the cl, doing fairly well in the league and have the best facilities in europe. Enic are not the glazers syphoning off huge amounts of money from the club. They actually invested and the money we generate is put back into the club. The only problem levy has is that he wasn't born with an oil field in his back garden.
But the yacht….

if the board don't stand behind conte, we'll never get close to winning anything, he needs time

a new owner right now isn't the answer especially if they have their own plans

What about if he had a load of Brussels sprouts and is still gassy. Should not stand behind him.

is the private property of someone else

owner investment is cheating, how the bedwetters who are out protesting today can square what they are demanding whilst at the same damning city/Chelsea/Saudi Sportswashing Outfit as cheats I don't know
Tbh many aren't damning of those ownerships... they'd be onboard with it as it (most likely) brings what they want.

And thats at any cost.

i think Enic's strategy is to keep flirting with top 4/CL... the excitement gets the fans going and doesn't costs as much as trying to win a trophy.
meanwhile leverage on all the footballing emotions to grow non football revenue.

nah, I don't think they are that bright, its a massive crossover imo, its wrong when others do it, but wa wa wa I want the shiny at Spurs
They're certainly not bright as some don't even understand or know the details or have awareness of the controversy that surrounds those ownerships.

I kid you not, I have a Spurs mate who thought Abramovich was ruthless as a football club owner but just a generous businessman, literally knew nothing about his shady side until the Russia/Ukraine conflict blew up

They're certainly not bright as some don't even understand or know the details or have awareness of the controversy that surrounds those ownerships.

I kid you not, I have a Spurs mate who thought Abramovich was ruthless as a football club owner but just a generous businessman, literally knew nothing about his shady side until the Russia/Ukraine conflict blew up

anyone who knew about him would surely have stopped supporting them

we ever had a criminal like that own us I’d be off to support someone else

if we hadn't bottled so many finals, semi's and title challenges in the last few years there might be something to that
we keep bottling it because we were never good enough to win it.
top four is the goal and along the way we will get to finals and may win something if we're lucky. along the way milk the merchandising and sponsorship that cycle of false dawns going. fans will moan but they will all be back for the next upswing!

top four is the goal and along the way we will get to finals and may win something if we're lucky. along the way milk the merchandising and sponsorship that cycle of false dawns going. fans will moan but they will all be back for the next upswing!
I always think it is telling that Levy says the aim is to ‘challenge for the big trophies’. This is markedly different to the owners at (e.g) Liverpool who say the aim is to ‘win the PL and the CL’

With us likely having the 4th to 7th biggest budget in the PL going forwards I think the club needs to consider that fact with its recruitment and strategy around the whole playing side of the club, which has actually been poorly run for several years now. Our youth structure has become a joke with us not even bothering to compete with other PL clubs for the top talent and our scouting department was whittled away to become virtually non existent. On top of that we’ve gone half in on buying players for our managers, often not getting the players they request, then sacking the manager and lurching to a new one with a completely different formation and philosophy thus often rendering players recently purchased as not fit for purpose.

All of the things in place at the top clubs to help ensure they succeed were not in place at Spurs for several years recently. I’m hoping Paratici can build us into a proper professional outfit here, if he doesn’t then IMO we have no chance of any real success. We aren’t going to be buying our way to success so need to operate better than our peers in our recruitment, training, retention and development of young players. At present we have a long way to catch up on many clubs.

Last edited:

The best team doesn't always win. If you are good enough to get to the finals, you have a shot.

The fact that this club has made a QF or better 21+ times in 21 years, plus being in top three, 3 times and has only managed 1 win quite honestly should be the basis for some serious debate way beyond some tired narrative of investment.

Back