• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Yes ofcourse. I'm sure he loves the limelight.

There will probably be a sheikh that wants to be known as owner of utd. But i think investment groups might balk a bit at the price. What was utds share value before the announcement of a sale? Doubt it would have valued the club anywhere near the £5-7bn.

Not even a sheikh, there was a malaysian guy i believe that just spent $4bn building a golden super yacht.
Who knows
I think buying a football club is daft unless you buy a club like Saudi Sportswashing Machine for the fee they paid
I’d buy Leeds or Bristol if I was buying
Maybe Sheffield Wednesday too
Clubs that have genuine growth with minimal investment comparable to risk
You’d get Leeds’s for £300m
Throw £500m at them and you would be looking at a team in Europe maybe CL
You would get a chunk of your money back quickly

Who knows
I think buying a football club is daft unless you buy a club like Saudi Sportswashing Outfit for the fee they paid

West ham. In london, they're doing the right thing u18s season tickets for £99. Parents take their kids cause they can afford it, even if they're not west ham fans. They'll grow their fan base. Decent investment could have them become fairly big. As much as i detest them.

West ham. In london, they're doing the right thing u18s season tickets for £99. Parents take their kids cause they can afford it, even if they're not west ham fans. They'll grow their fan base. Decent investment could have them become fairly big. As much as i detest them.
Don’t own the ground though
So your not buying a physical asset, just a name
But I agree selling cheap may help the fan base but as I’m sure Finney will say… it’s all about the next market which is streaming from a club direct
The only thing I’ll add to that debate is that other clubs won’t allow it unless the income is split fairly. It’s why the prem is the most popular league…. Teams can expand and invest in a way others can’t due to the TV rights

Who knows
I think buying a football club is daft unless you buy a club like Saudi Sportswashing Outfit for the fee they paid

I think sheffield wednesday and derby probably have the biggest potential in terms of league position, fanbase and potential. Bristol has no history (and two clubs) and leeds have probably maxed out their potential now

I think sheffield wednesday and derby probably have the biggest potential in terms of league position, fanbase and potential. Bristol has no history (and two clubs) and leeds have probably maxed out their potential now
Leeds have a huge fanatical fan base and have won a title in recent years
They also have a stadium ready to go and are in the prem

Who knows

I've always been surprised why a city the size of Bristol has not been able to get a team in the top level for so long, City were in Div 1 in the late 70's for a couple of seasons but have disappeared since then, dont think Rovers have ever played at top flight. West country very strong with egg chasers so I suppose locals like a winner.

Cheseas price was largely dictated by the fact that they think they can move the ground to earls court and redevelop stamford bridge. The pitch owners might have something to say about it though (i believe the spurs fan involved is a property developer and also has connections to the earls court development).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-considering-Stamford-Bridge-Earls-Court.html

The land and location play a big part in Chelsea’s valuation. As well as the “fire sale” and publicity it received.

Let’s not forget @Finney Is Back Chelsea was bought by an investment firm, was it not (?) using borrowed money (?). I don’t believe EBITDA would support the company valuation alone. Prestige no doubt is part of it. The potential for streaming, massive audience figures and growth potential in the US are also alluring. But as things stand even if you take the highest multiplier for say ebitda you wouldn’t reach a multibillion valuation as there is nothing to multiply! Chelsea have been run at a loss for decades. The land provides the “man maths” to the deal. The thing people use mentally to justify the purchase. Long term I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea move to the edge of London.

Last edited:
The land and location play a big part in Chelsea’s valuation. As well as the “fire sale” and publicity it received.

Let’s not forget @Finney Is Back Chelsea was bought by an investment firm, was it not (?) using borrowed money (?). I don’t believe EBITDA would support the company valuation alone. Prestige not doubt is part of it. The potential for streaming, massive audience figures and growth potential in the US are also alluring. But as things stand even if you take the highest multiplier for say ebitda you wouldn’t reach a multibillion valuation as there is nothing to multiply! Chelsea have been run at a loss for decades. The land provides the “man maths” to the deal. The thing people use mentally to justify the purchase. Long term I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea move to the edge of London.
Chelsea don’t own the land though do they?

No the pitch and "turnstiles" which effectively means they need to negotiate with the fan group that does.

Also if they don't agree a deal and leave they have to leave the Chelsea name

Could explain why they have borrowed £800m and seem to be spending a big chunk on players. Butter up the fans, before making the proposition.

Or i might just be cynical/wishful thinking.

Doubt i'm the only one. English fans are different to american. Think it's going to be a harder sell than they realise.

Let’s not forget @Finney Is Back Chelsea was bought by an investment firm, was it not (?) using borrowed money (?). I don’t believe EBITDA would support the company valuation alone. Prestige no doubt is part of it. The potential for streaming, massive audience figures and growth potential in the US are also alluring. But as things stand even if you take the highest multiplier for say ebitda you wouldn’t reach a multibillion valuation as there is nothing to multiply! Chelsea have been run at a loss for decades. The land provides the “man maths” to the deal. The thing people use mentally to justify the purchase. Long term I wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea move to the edge of London.
You’re kind of making my point for me. The valuation of a prestige asset such as one of the top PL football teams isn’t defined by the usual parameters (my comment about Man Utd’s EBItDA was in relation to the fallacy that they might go skint sometime soon and one would be able to pick them up for peanuts from the senior issuer of the debt).

You’re kind of making my point for me. The valuation of a prestige asset such as one of the top PL football teams isn’t defined by the usual parameters (my comment about Man Utd’s EBItDA was in relation to the fallacy that they might go skint sometime soon and one would be able to pick them up for peanuts from the senior issuer of the debt).

Yes for sure. But there is the outstanding issue of Chelsea supposedly being an "investment". It is not one person's money like Abromavich's. We have Clearlake Capital whoever they are. Presumably, an entity expecting a return? You're likely more familiar with these gigs than me. Maybe the Swiss billionaire who's also bought in, likes a comp box and some stardust falling across his path, who doesn't? But generally, these people/concerns like to see a return. In which case, measures of monetary value are relevant again.

Yes it's unlikely. But their EBITDA has gone from:

2019 - £186m
2020 - £132m
2021 - £95m
2022 - £81m.

Projected to increase next year but the fed have just put up interest rates again. Their cashflow has dropped and their debt has increased. From £480m 2 years ago to £780m. Interest payments have gone from £20m in 2021 to £124m a year in the 1st quarter. Possibly well over £160m a year now.
Their players are on wages almost no clubs can afford, so can't really be sold. Just let go of their most marketable asset. Losing sponsors.

Ok they might not do a liverpool. But £6bn? Unless it's to someone who has almost unlimited wealth and is trying to compensate for something. Seems unreasonable.

Last edited:
Yes it's unlikely. But their EBITDA has gone from:

2019 - £186m
2020 - £132m
2021 - £95m
2022 - £81m.

Projected to increase next year but the fed have just put up interest rates again. Their cashflow has dropped and their debt has increased. From £480m 2 years ago to £780m. Interest payments have gone from £20m in 2021 to £124m a year in the 1st quarter. Possibly well over £160m a year now.
Their players are on wages almost no clubs can afford, so can't really be sold. Just let go of their most marketable asset. Losing sponsors.

Ok they might not do a liverpool. But £6bn? Unless it's to someone who has almost unlimited wealth and is trying to compensate for something. Seems unreasonable.
The people upkeep describe are literally the only people who could buy united
Someone for some sports washing
You aren’t buying a. Football club as an investment unless it’s a club with growth potential and united aren’t that club for the money being asked
As I said before… but Leeds for £300m, invest £1b and you would have a very competitive side in European places with a solid fan base
You won’t get the streaming figures that look to be in everyone’s plans but is no where near to being in place… but you would have a club worth more than you paid with much more scope to grow again

The people upkeep describe are literally the only people who could buy united
Someone for some sports washing
You aren’t buying a. Football club as an investment unless it’s a club with growth potential and united aren’t that club for the money being asked
As I said before… but Leeds for £300m, invest £1b and you would have a very competitive side in European places with a solid fan base
You won’t get the streaming figures that look to be in everyone’s plans but is no where near to being in place… but you would have a club worth more than you paid with much more scope to grow again

Still have to abide by ffp and owners can't have links to sponsors anymore. So would take time. Saudi Sportswashing Machine had ashley as owner who for years spent well within their means so could splash a bit of cash, but they'll have to slow down next year. Unless they get champions league.

Still have to abide by ffp and owners can't have links to sponsors anymore. So would take time. Saudi Sportswashing Outfit had ashley as owner who for years spent well within their means so could splash a bit of cash, but they'll have to slow down next year. Unless they get champions league.

not really
You can spend the money
Take the fine and hit once and then just lie
I mean it’s literally what city and psg do

Back