• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

yet also varied widely in that hundred games, his first 50 games for spurs contained more than 50% of the goals

Well he'd have to be ridiculously consistent to of scored exactly the same number of goals in his first 50 games as his second wouldn't he? How much higher was his percentage in the first 50 games?

Well he'd have to be ridiculously consistent to of scored exactly the same number of goals in his first 50 games as his second wouldn't he? How much higher was his percentage in the first 50 games?

by it's very definition isn't consistent the same as rediculously consistent, you can't have levels of consistency, if there is differentiation it's inconsistent right?

Especially for someone who spends half his time outside the box.

I know it can add value sometimes for him to be floating around, but I really would like to see how many goals he would score if he just stayed in the box and be a target man in the danger zone.....

This, its amazing how Keane used to get crucified on this board for floating into midfield, but somehow no one objects when Ade does it. He needs to stay forward.

His goal return is not the big issue, it's combined with a misfiring Soldado and a very inexperienced Kane, not sure we should be betting the house on Ade .. feel we really left ourselves light in that position this transfer Window.

The enigma that is Adebayor... :-k

05/06: 4 goals in 1486 minutes = 372 mins/goal
06/07: 8 goals in 1988 minutes = 249 mins/goal
07/08: 24 goals in 2928 minutes = 122 mins/goal
08/09: 10 goals in 1876 minutes = 188 mins/goal
09/10: 14 goals in 2207 minutes = 158 mins/goal
10/11: 1 goal in 244 minutes = 244 mins/goal
11/12: 17 goals in 2827 minutes = 166mins/goal
12/13: 5 goals in 1597 minutes = 319 mins/goal
13/14: 11 goals in 1805 minutes = 164 mins/goal

TOTAL: 94 Premier League goals in 16,958 minutes = 180 minutes per goal

For comparison, here's Defoe' goal scoring rate from when he first signed for us and including his time at Portsmouth...

03/04: 7 goals in 1278 minutes = 182 mins/goal
04/05: 13 goals in 2550 minutes = 196 mins/goal
05/06: 9 goals in 2206 minutes = 245 mins/goal
06/07: 10 goals in 1935 minutes = 194 mins/goal
07/08: 12 goals in 1605 minutes = 134 mins/goal
08/09: 11 goals in 2056 minutes = 187 mins/goal
09/10: 14 goals in 2555 minutes = 142 mins/goal
10/11: 4 goal in 1479 minutes = 370 mins/goal
11/12: 11 goals in 1301 minutes = 118mins/goal
12/13: 11 goals in 2411 minutes = 219 mins/goal
13/14: 1 goal in 434 minutes = 434 mins/goal

TOTAL: 103 Premier League goals in 19,810 minutes = 192 minutes per goal

The enigma that is Adebayor... :-k

05/06: 4 goals in 1486 minutes = 372 mins/goal
06/07: 8 goals in 1988 minutes = 249 mins/goal
07/08: 24 goals in 2928 minutes = 122 mins/goal
08/09: 10 goals in 1876 minutes = 188 mins/goal
09/10: 14 goals in 2207 minutes = 158 mins/goal
10/11: 1 goal in 244 minutes = 244 mins/goal
11/12: 17 goals in 2827 minutes = 166mins/goal
12/13: 5 goals in 1597 minutes = 319 mins/goal
13/14: 11 goals in 1805 minutes = 164 mins/goal

TOTAL: 94 Premier League goals in 16,958 minutes = 180 minutes per goal

For comparison, here's Defoe' goal scoring rate from when he first signed for us and including his time at Portsmouth...

03/04: 7 goals in 1278 minutes = 182 mins/goal
04/05: 13 goals in 2550 minutes = 196 mins/goal
05/06: 9 goals in 2206 minutes = 245 mins/goal
06/07: 10 goals in 1935 minutes = 194 mins/goal
07/08: 12 goals in 1605 minutes = 134 mins/goal
08/09: 11 goals in 2056 minutes = 187 mins/goal
09/10: 14 goals in 2555 minutes = 142 mins/goal
10/11: 4 goal in 1479 minutes = 370 mins/goal
11/12: 11 goals in 1301 minutes = 118mins/goal
12/13: 11 goals in 2411 minutes = 219 mins/goal
13/14: 1 goal in 434 minutes = 434 mins/goal

TOTAL: 103 Premier League goals in 19,810 minutes = 192 minutes per goal

I dream one day we have a goalscorer that can score 30 goals a season regularly

Diego Costa has got 7 goals in 4 games and will probably get 3 more tonight against a very poor Schalke team.

According to the Guardian Podcast, a few years ago Costa was loaned out by Atletico and they didn't want to renew his contact, nobody wanted him, then BOOM.

It could happen to us one day.

To be honest whenever I see us play I think a good goalscorer should score once or twice a game, there are always balls in the box and opportunities. I know that is an unrealistic expectation, but it just looks so easy from up in the stands.

A captain who takes 5 days to return from international duty.

My apologies , my post is missing the shifty emotion ( 8-[ ) or laughing one ( :lol: ) ....

Sort it out mods , we need a sarcasm emotion that sticks in the memory :)

Despite our Ade misgivings, it would seem he's highly regarded by his team mates and I think this is the reason Poch has appointed him vice captain .

Diego Costa has got 7 goals in 4 games and will probably get 3 more tonight against a very poor Schalke team.

According to the Guardian Podcast, a few years ago Costa was loaned out by Atletico and they didn't want to renew his contact, nobody wanted him, then BOOM.

It could happen to us one day.

To be honest whenever I see us play I think a good goalscorer should score once or twice a game, there are always balls in the box and opportunities. I know that is an unrealistic expectation, but it just looks so easy from up in the stands.

There's a young Icelander currently going bananas in the (admittedly very poor) Norwegian league, being top scorer with 24 goals in 22 matches - not since the days of Solskjær I think there has been a more prolific goalscorer over here.

Viðar Örn Kjartansson, 24 years old. Also scored 23 in 30 in Iceland last year. Admittedly I haven't seen him play at all, so I have absolutely no idea how good he really is. But he scores a lot of goals, at least.

Cheeky bid? 8-[

I'd settle for a forward who can manage 20+ league goals in a season even once!

We've only had 3 players reach that mark since the Premier League was formed: Sheringham in 1993, Klinsmann in 1995 and Bale in 2013.

The sad thing is I forgot to add 'in all competitions'. :lol:

Spurs haven't a 30 goal striker since Gary Lineker, fingers crossed I get to see another one in my lifetime!

There's a young Icelander currently going bananas in the (admittedly very poor) Norwegian league, being top scorer with 24 goals in 22 matches - not since the days of Solskjær I think there has been a more prolific goalscorer over here.

Viðar Örn Kjartansson, 24 years old. Also scored 23 in 30 in Iceland last year. Admittedly I haven't seen him play at all, so I have absolutely no idea how good he really is. But he scores a lot of goals, at least.

Cheeky bid? 8-[

I genuinely think there's a very good chance Harry Kane would outscore him given a season in the Norwegian league. Never mind Ade and Soldado.

Even the best players in the Norwegian league have struggled to make an impact at bottom half PL clubs and usually end up struggling even for game time even at smaller clubs in the Bundesliga or League 1.

Er, why is this thread on the second page?

Today Eriksen peeled off to the left and curled in a peach of a cross with his right foot.

It was 6 inches from Adebayor's head, 6 yards out, and HE MISSED THE BALL ENTIRELY.

Just missed it completely.

Not that he missed the target, he missed THE BALL.

Jesus Christ.

I don't think he tries enough ALL THE TIME. In certain games he does. His finishing leaves a lot to be desired, his first touch is poor and he's offside frequently. I've made my opinion of him clear in the past and present.

I fully accept there are those that rate him quite highly and are defensive of him for that reason and belive he is the best we have. What I can't deal with is the belief that the people that either don't like or don't rate him only feel this way because of his Arsenal connection. And the belief that what are lucky to have him and shouldn't even bother trying to upgrade.

I know, on his day he can be brilliant, but he just has too many days like today where he phones it in and is completely useless. I realise every professional has their off days, but when he's bad, he takes it to another level. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there must be a reason why so many clubs keep getting rid of him, or are at least not exactly desperate to keep hold of him.

I don't think he tries enough ALL THE TIME. In certain games he does. His finishing leaves a lot to be desired, his first touch is poor and he's offside frequently. I've made my opinion of him clear in the past and present.

I fully accept there are those that rate him quite highly and are defensive of him for that reason and belive he is the best we have. What I can't deal with is the belief that the people that either don't like or don't rate him only feel this way because of his Arsenal connection. And the belief that what are lucky to have him and shouldn't even bother trying to upgrade.

I know, on his day he can be brilliant, but he just has too many days like today where he phones it in and is completely useless. I realise every professional has their off days, but when he's bad, he takes it to another level. I've said it before and I'll say it again, there must be a reason why so many clubs keep getting rid of him, or are at least not exactly desperate to keep hold of him.

I agree with all you say. On his day he can be excellent. But those days are very few are far between. There is no doubt he has the talent and physical attributes but his desire and work work ethic leave a lot to be desired. To play one up front the striker position has to have at least workrate in his pocket. He too easily is out of the game.

what's really got me this season is his refusal to sprint, he had a lovely ball played ahead of him today and he didn't even change pace which allowed lescott to get back to it

numerous times this season he has had the ball in good position only to languidly daly rather than being positive

boils my ****

Look all strikers will miss chances, every striker will have good and bad games. But a strike rate of 1 in 2 is far better than any thing we have and like Steff says Ade is not the problem at the moment. If we are making 10 chances and he is missing all of them fair enough. But he is getting grief for missing 1 chance. The problems in our team are we are not creating enough chances, and we cannot defend properly. All this anti Ade stuff is a distraction from our real problems. Create more chances for Ade and soldado and they will score. That' s what we need to work on and stopping chances at the other end which has been our problem since the start of last season.

Back