• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I'm not sure if Poch prefers Ade over Soldado yet, Soldado has hardly been available due to injury - I think he'll get his chance in the league when he returns....

I'm not sure if Poch prefers Ade over Soldado yet, Soldado has hardly been available due to injury - I think he'll get his chance in the league when he returns....

Ade was out during the pre-season with Malaria. Has started every league game so far and he started against Sunderland despite taking part in two (?) games in Africa during the international break where Soldado didn't feature at all.

Add to this that Poch seemed to prefer having one strong target-man type player on the pitch at Southampton in Lambert and that the only other striker they bought while he was there (Osvaldo) is also at least fairly tall and strong and I think it seems very likely that Ade is preferred to Soldado at this point.

Not to say that it can't change, but I think Soldado will have to wait quite a while for an extended run in the league unless he does exceptionally well in EL games.

Have there been reports of Soldado being injured? Is it beyond reason to think that he might just have been dropped from the squad against Sunderland? Kane has been getting sub appearances ahead of him so I don't think it's unthinkable.

A 10% on Ade would have won the game.

I don't mind him having off days, all players have them. But if most players go from 100% to 60% on their off days, Ade goes from 100% to 5%.

When on form he's the best outfield player we have, the rest (and unfortunately, majority) of the time he's a waste of a sub slot, let alone a starting position.

He played well overall on Saturday though. Worked very hard and was involved in a lot of build-up. The finish just wasn't quite there, but he'd just travelled a considerable distance from an international fixture so he looked pretty knackered late on in the game which is understandable.

Ade was out during the pre-season with Malaria. Has started every league game so far and he started against Sunderland despite taking part in two (?) games in Africa during the international break where Soldado didn't feature at all.

Add to this that Poch seemed to prefer having one strong target-man type player on the pitch at Southampton in Lambert and that the only other striker they bought while he was there (Osvaldo) is also at least fairly tall and strong and I think it seems very likely that Ade is preferred to Soldado at this point.

Not to say that it can't change, but I think Soldado will have to wait quite a while for an extended run in the league unless he does exceptionally well in EL games.

Have there been reports of Soldado being injured? Is it beyond reason to think that he might just have been dropped from the squad against Sunderland? Kane has been getting sub appearances ahead of him so I don't think it's unthinkable.

I thought Soldado has been injured? I would be very surprised that he just wasn't named in the squad at all, easily space for Kane and Soldado on the bench even if he does prefer Ade....

I thought Soldado has been injured? I would be very surprised that he just wasn't named in the squad at all, easily space for Kane and Soldado on the bench even if he does prefer Ade....

Could very well be, I just haven't seen any reports...

I disagree that there's easily space for two strikers on the bench when you're playing with a lone striker. A goalie (Vorm), a full back (Naughton, a centre back (Fazio), a central deep midfielder (Stambouli), two attacking midfielders (Lennon and Townsend) and one striker (Kane) made up our bench against Sunderland. No doubt having the options that two strikers on the bench gives you is useful, but there's not easily or obviously room for that. Not having a full back, centre back or deep midfielder on the bench could put you in a really bad spot if injuries strike. Two attacking midfielders seems more useful to me than two strikers on the bench when playing a 4-2-3-1.

I suppose Naughton or Fazio could have been dropped, with the idea of shifting around the back 4 in case of injuries. But there would be some clear potential dangers with that too.

Could very well be, I just haven't seen any reports...

I disagree that there's easily space for two strikers on the bench when you're playing with a lone striker. A goalie (Vorm), a full back (Naughton, a centre back (Fazio), a central deep midfielder (Stambouli), two attacking midfielders (Lennon and Townsend) and one striker (Kane) made up our bench against Sunderland. No doubt having the options that two strikers on the bench gives you is useful, but there's not easily or obviously room for that. Not having a full back, centre back or deep midfielder on the bench could put you in a really bad spot if injuries strike. Two attacking midfielders seems more useful to me than two strikers on the bench when playing a 4-2-3-1.

I suppose Naughton or Fazio could have been dropped, with the idea of shifting around the back 4 in case of injuries. But there would be some clear potential dangers with that too.

Yes but Kane is just as often used as one of the three behind the main striker as he is the main striker....

he was absolutely magnificent in that first season, he was winning games single handedly at times

1 st season wonder at every club he s played for. Has the ability to drogba esq sometimes but only pulls it out 1 game in 10 for me. Think a week by week contract would have got the best out him but once he s settled becomes complacent. (by the way new member. Hi. sorry to start on a a negative)

So Adebayor's played a 100 matches for us now. He played a total of 104 matches for Le ****, according to Wikipedia, and scored 46 goals for them. He's scored 41 goals for us so far.

So Adebayor's played a 100 matches for us now. He played a total of 104 matches for Le ****, according to Wikipedia, and scored 46 goals for them. He's scored 41 goals for us so far.

was not good enough for arsenal whose goal was just to stay in the champions league.

A goal every 2.4 games not bad.

Especially for someone who spends half his time outside the box.

I know it can add value sometimes for him to be floating around, but I really would like to see how many goals he would score if he just stayed in the box and be a target man in the danger zone.....

Last edited:
Back