• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Yep Dele as well. Im not black but I actually think a lot of black kids come across like that when a lot may have to with how society pressures them.

Think its very common for young men to have to act a certain way and if it does not come natural to you then you create a personna. Think the is a pressure on women with beauty as an aside.

Really hope we help Spencer unlock his potential but then I was a big fan of the signing.

Noteworthy that Marcus Edwards was accused of similar issues when he was young but no issues the last few years in Portugal.

Spencer made unfortunate comments to Neil Warnock, but who of us has never said the wrong thing from time to time.

My problem with Marcus Edwards was that he didn't seem to care unless he had the ball, he was the standout play in our teams but didn't seem to want to work for the team, he's probably grown up but he's wasted a lot of time in what is a short career.

My problem with Marcus Edwards was that he didn't seem to care unless he had the ball, he was the standout play in our teams but didn't seem to want to work for the team, he's probably grown up but he's wasted a lot of time in what is a short career.
He still plays like that
No effort unless he is seeing the ball

I hope we can get something out of him, he impressed me in his first displays. Easy to see there is a good footballer in there.

If he can keep up the level of play he has shown thus far, he plugs the hole created by the impending departure of Emerson Royal and solves a problem for us, freeing up funds to use elsewhere. I'm hoping for a similar story with Veliz up front. And Levy will have to be delighted that Ange is getting investments in young players to pay off.

If you're Spence or Veliz, what an opportunity to be part of a young group of talented team mates with the potential to grow into title contenders. Any player with half an ounce of sense would be doing their utmost, on and off the pitch, to be a contributing part of this scenario.

Do you really know him well enough to actually call his personna sullen?
Do any of us know any public figure well enough to cast aspirations about them? But we often do.

He comes across like that, which I don't necessarily think is a negative, just his personality. Think it is quite clear from my posts im defending him.

The Spence focused bit

The full-back was being put through his paces with an emphasis on trying to deal with Wells running alongside him as a winger, with Spence having to work on his body shape in order to prevent the Spurs coach from getting a cross away or move past him. They continued for a little while after the other players had finished.

Gotta say…going on nothing other than what I saw at open training tonight in Tokyo — in particular how positive Djed was when interacting with fans afterwards — I think he’s in for a big season.

12 months ago after open training in Bangkok and Singapore I said he was off because he was in the group of 6 players training away from the group, and that was correct. It couldn’t have been more different this year and I’m putting my neck out to say he is more exciting than any new signing.

Still sounds a bit ambiguous to me. Like Ange is still not wholly convinced. But I may be misinterpreting his reported words.

He's challenging him to deliver. Its a theme. Bissouma scored preseason. Ange emphasised it doesn't count for shi1 if he can't deliver in games. And that is the theme this season. Deliver in games. Showing promise isn't good enough.

As for Spence he looks awesome. Would be very happy to have him rotating and covering Poro as well as Udogie.

Do the naysayers who called him a Levy signing, now praise Levy (even though he probably wasn't a "Levy signing").

Still sounds a bit ambiguous to me. Like Ange is still not wholly convinced. But I may be misinterpreting his reported words.

Yeah. Sounds like, you're doing well. Keep it up and we'll have a space. But otherwise you're out.

Seems that ange doesn't trust him yet.

Hopefully spence can keep it up. Be a great player. But the ball seems to be in his court now.

Yeah. Sounds like, you're doing well. Keep it up and we'll have a space. But otherwise you're out.

Hopefully spence can keep it up. Be a great player. But the ball seems to be in his court now.

I tend to agree that is how i read it as well, hope he has grown up and can see what a great chance he has to progress here.

Think you and others are looking too much into it. Every time I see Anges comments on any player, he holds back and doesn't get all giddy like people on here can get.

So he certainly wouldn't be any different with Spence, who he previously had reservations about - but he's now saying not just him but all the coaches have been impressed by him, so that's good praise as far as I'm concerned - he could have just gone and said he's done ok and left it at that but felt the need to highlight all coaches have been impressed....

Think you and others are looking too much into it. Every time I see Anges comments on any player, he holds back and doesn't get all giddy like people on here can get.

So he certainly wouldn't be any different with Spence, who he previously had reservations about - but he's now saying not just him but all the coaches have been impressed by him, so that's good praise as far as I'm concerned - he could have just gone and said he's done ok and left it at that but felt the need to highlight all coaches have been impressed....

Which is great. Ange should encourage him. But also let him know he has to keep it up.

Think some are trying to defend spence too much. There have obviously been issues the last few years. Whatever they are we don't know for sure. All we know is that consecutive managers haven't been massively impressed by him. People trying to put it down to everyone being racist or that he has some hidden mental problems that he hasn't sought help for.

We all want him to be fantastic for us. Hopefully he can be.

Back