• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

There is obviously something boiling in the background with Spence and his days likely numbered but I would keep him as understudy to Porro and flog Royal, we also have Gray to do a job there also if needed (although he looked like he could be the one to grow into our much needed 6 role). Royal was trash yesterday

I think Ange has been very clear, he will take a "lesser" player talent wise with right attitude over better player with brick attitude

I think Spence's road back is a long one if he really wants with us .. pity because he showed he'd fit in the system

Why on earth would half a pre season match against Hearts convince them in upping their bid, over displays he has actually put in for competitive matches for them in Italy?
It probably won't but they might think we might decide to keep him if he keeps putting in outstanding displays in pre- season. Feasible ? Possible ?

Does anyone have actual evidence of him having a bad attitude? It seems like a comment from Daniel Farke and his previous with Neil Warnock as the reason to completely write him off. Would a white player be given the same label?

Does anyone have actual evidence of him having a bad attitude? It seems like a comment from Daniel Farke and his previous with Neil Warnock as the reason to completely write him off. Would a white player be given the same label?
Oh give it a rest. Both Conte and Ange have chucked him out on loan and he has also been sent to train with the reserves, something is clearly not right and it is definitely nothing to do with his race.

Outside of the usual unsubstantiated press rumours, there was the social media post with the cigar which appeared to be a jab at Warnock, I can't remember exactly what the caption was but it was fairly pointed.

I'm not someone who would be known to shout down the suggestion of racism (far from it unlike those on here who downplay it to some trivial annoyance) but I don't think race is a pertinent factor here at all. If he was in the papers for having the audacity to buy a car / a house for his mum a la Sterling then there'd be a reason to bring it up (imo as perhaps I've missed info you are privy to).

People do hear a label and then it sticks to that player forever though, even if Spence was arguably a tad off in his attitude in the past it's not like he couldn't have grown up a bit since then. We were all young once and not all perfect.

He probably should have stuck with Forest and joined them permanently after their promotion, but that is hindsight (although I said it at the time), hopefully he can keep the positive momentum going to whatever end, whether it's vying for a spot here or a permanent move elsewhere.

Oh give it a rest. Both Conte and Ange have chucked him out on loan and he has also been sent to train with the reserves, something is clearly not right and it is definitely nothing to do with his race.

Conte didn’t ever want him so just as likely sent him on loan to prove a point as opposed an attitude problem.

I never definitely said it was racism. But I don’t think it’s too controversial to say that “lazy with a bad attitude” sticks to a black player easier than a white player.

Edit: to clarify, I’m not saying Ange or Conte don’t play him because of racism. I’m just saying the narrative that fans seem to have accepted has never actually been proven.

Conte didn’t ever want him so just as likely sent him on loan to prove a point as opposed an attitude problem.

I never definitely said it was racism. But I don’t think it’s too controversial to say that “lazy with a bad attitude” sticks to a black player easier than a white player.

Edit: to clarify, I’m not saying Ange or Conte don’t play him because of racism. I’m just saying the narrative that fans seem to have accepted has never actually been proven.
I do think its a fair question. And regardless of the racist element it is an interesting subject, because he doesn't appear to have a bad attitude on the pitch in terms of looking lethargic etc Of course there are things we don't see and aren't privy to, but if his attitude was as poor as has been suggested I don't think he would even be getting a look in for pre season games.

Would love to see him stake a claim as unlikely as that seems, as he really does fit the system....

I agree here. I can remember Kanoute being labelled as lazy, whereas Berbatov was labelled as 'nonchalant' or 'he made things look effortless'

If Spence has shown a poor attitude in the past (there at least some anecdotal evidence to suggest he has) then that doesn't mean he can't/won't turn that around. Perhaps, at 24, with Genoa not wanting to pay even as little as £8m for him, he has realised his career is heading south and he is going to use that as motivation to improve whatever aspects of his character seem to be resulting in his career not matching his talent.

I would really like him to be given another chance at Spurs. In terms of his physicality, confidence and skillset, he has all of the attributes required to be a top class player. If so far his attitude has held him back then there is no reason why this cannot be improved. In fact it is far easier to improve that aspect than the other three.

We've had it from non spurs managers that his attitude is what was holding him back. Warnock. The leeds manager. Did the genoa coach also say something? But said it had improved?

I agree here. I can remember Kanoute being labelled as lazy, whereas Berbatov was labelled as 'nonchalant' or 'he made things look effortless'

If Spence has shown a poor attitude in the past (there at least some anecdotal evidence to suggest he has) then that doesn't mean he can't/won't turn that around. Perhaps, at 24, with Genoa not wanting to pay even as little as £8m for him, he has realised his career is heading south and he is going to use that as motivation to improve whatever aspects of his character seem to be resulting in his career not matching his talent.

I would really like him to be given another chance at Spurs. In terms of his physicality, confidence and skillset, he has all of the attributes required to be a top class player. If so far his attitude has held him back then there is no reason why this cannot be improved. In fact it is far easier to improve that aspect than the other three.

Berba was lablled lazy.

You don't get to be a professional footballer at PL level without putting in a lot of hard work and determination but sometimes some players reach a level and think they've made and don't need to listen or do more. I know when I reached 21 at work and got the "mans rate of pay" I was happy to cruise along, took me a couple of years to smell the coffee and put myself out. Hopefully it happens to him, it is very helpful if you have someone who tells you they believe in you and will help you if your prepared to help yourself.

He was, but he was also labelled 'nonchalant', 'lazy but elegant' etc etc. Spence doesn't get the benefit of the doubt and is only lazy/has a bad attitude.

Who has called spence lazy? The criticisms i've heard are more about attitude and ball awareness. Not tracking runners.

I don't remember anyone on here calling him lazy. Ndombele yes. Taraabt yes. Even kane was criticised for not pressing.

We've had it from non spurs managers that his attitude is what was holding him back. Warnock. The leeds manager. Did the genoa coach also say something? But said it had improved?
Genoa coach really liked him and wants him back
£££ is their issue as they don’t want to spend it

Farke also said Marcus Edwards had an attitude … he has turned out ok since

I’d say for some players they may believe they are above the level of the club they are loaned too and act in a certain way

Back