• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

The kid is class ... any i mean any supporter that i come across tells me what a talent alli is.

When you meet goons these days they don't even mention history or rivalry... all they do is talk about is Alli and Kane ....

They now care about England .... the irony

The kid is class ... any i mean any supporter that i come across tells me what a talent alli is.

When you meet goons these days they don't even mention history or rivalry... all they do is talk about is Alli and Kane ....

They now care about England .... the irony

Let's hope Alli doesn't get carried away like so many English youngsters before. Firstly he needs discipline on and off the field.

Let's hope Alli doesn't get carried away like so many English youngsters before. Firstly he needs discipline on and off the field.
To be sure he's young, he has a bit of devil in him, he can be a bit naughty at times, but I don't see him getting carried away. He's way less laddish than the likes of Rooney were at his age and look how he turned out.

But if ever the 19yo does need discipline, then Poch has shown he's the man to provide it. Dele only has to look at Townsend - one false move and he's gone. However this young man seems that bit more streetwise and if anything, as many pundits have commented, is showing maturity beyond his years.

Let's hope the Adam Johnson case is a sobering example for many young professional athletes.

Alli is the least of my worries. He has shown an exemplary attitude thus far and he's playing with a great group of contemporaries under Pochettino. 'Nuff said.

Looks a lot worse in slow motion than real time. Yellow was a fine decision from the ref, though Alli couldn't have had any complaints had it been a red.

First season at this level and only 19. He'll learn... All about finding a balance between aggression and composure, and to keep finding that balance game after game in a long season in various competitions of various importance and automatic motivation isn't easy. He'll figure it out.

He'd bloody better have a word!! It's a side of his game i really don't like. Niggly and unnecessary. It doesn't suit us and only serves to get him a bad name for himself. I don't want a Costa style cnut in our team who's talent is talked about secondary to how much he just wants to wind others up all the time!

Tottenham boss Pochettino, speaking about Alli appearing to kick an opponent: "We need to try to teach him

"He is a young player and he has a lot to learn about elite football.

"It is his first season in the Premier League at Tottenham. He came from League One, he needs to learn a lot. But I didn't see it. Some people say 'yes', say 'no', so I don't know."

Source: BBC

I like a wee bit nasty Spurs, about time!
There's nasty and there's nasty. I like the stat about how many 'clever' (in control of emotions) fouls we give away to break up any momentum going against us. I'm not a fan of kicking people in the stomach when they're on the floor (lack of emotional control). I have posted about how much I dislike the Diego Costa style of nastiness. I am all for the hard-as-nails Graham Roberts/ Paul Miller/Stevie P/Sandro approach. Hard, but fair.

Tottenham boss Pochettino, speaking about Alli appearing to kick an opponent: "We need to try to teach him

"He is a young player and he has a lot to learn about elite football.

"It is his first season in the Premier League at Tottenham. He came from League One, he needs to learn a lot. But I didn't see it. Some people say 'yes', say 'no', so I don't know."

Source: BBC
Nnnooooooooo

What alli did last night wasn't nasty it was fudging dumb. Do that against Arsenal and he's off with three game ban, that could cost us the league. Or worse hand it to them.
Yeah and hes very young and will learn, but there is a nasty streak in him and I like that in some of our players. We have been far too soft for years, we knew it and every other team we played knew it!

He won't learn - it's just who he is. have to say this has been pretty blatant for a long time. i like it though :)

Poch must have a word with him or else we risk losing him for 5/6 games a season for silly bookings/reds.

Judging by his second half performance, he did that at half time.

I blame the captain for not controlling his players ;)

“We like a tackle at Tottenham. we’re not pansies, you know. “
David Pleat

"If you gots the poison, I gots the remedy... this is a dangerous liaison."
Jason Mraz

Last edited:
Back