• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

That pass...exquisite. Thought Alli was the deciding factor when he came on. Much more effective than Chadli. What a gem we have on our hands.

Not too shabby for a 19 year old midfielder playing his first season in the top flight...

@SpursStatMan
Dele Alli has been involved in 12 goals in his last 14 Premier League games (six goals, six assists).

(sorry if posted previously) was a week or so ago .. but interesting http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-pr...er-dele-alli-defies-comparison-england-greats

part I thought was interesting (comparison with Lampard/Gerrard)

And the further you dig into Alli's game and his role with Spurs, the less he looks like those two midfielders who continue to cast their shadow over this generation of English midfield talent. Alli is not an integral part of Spurs' build-up play. Among regular Spurs midfielders only Eric Dier (a young English midfielder who fits very comfortably under the defensive midfield label) takes fewer attacking-half touches.

While Spurs are moving the ball down the field, Alli is doing more work away from the ball than on it. His role on Spurs is simply not one which prioritizes picking passes. That's not a criticism. In a team which frequently features Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela -- both of whom can and do provide creative spark -- Alli's job, at least so far, is to take advantage of it. Imagine saying that about Gerrard or Lampard, or even Ross Barkley or Jordan Henderson

[Alli's] In a team which frequently features Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela -- both of whom can and do provide creative spark -- Alli's job, at least so far, is to take advantage of it. Imagine saying that about Gerrard or Lampard, or even Ross Barkley or Jordan Henderson

It's a good point. Part of the reason Alli has been so instrumental to us, is that we have a lot of creative midfield players, but Alli is incisive in the final third. Even Kane can get down the wing and create. Eriksen has become a terrier and a pass master, a creator rather than a regular goal scorer. Eriksen should get 10+ goals a season, so he can be finisher to be fair.

The point is we can lack direct players sometimes in attack. Alli provides that and he has more incision at times. I'd love us to sign a player like Costa. Another ruthless attacking player who can capitalise on our midfield possession.

Last edited:
Stop! Hammer time but I disagree, in his last few games for England he was named MOM. As I say there are a lot of Spurs fans can not see past the red shirt. He MAY be a taco and a injury prone player but he has talent ( imo).

I agree, I actually think he is a very good player but is simply very injury prone

He's good but he is vastly over rated. If he stayed fit then maybe his touch would be better and he wouldn't have to over stretch all the time leading to injuries? Who knows.

I clicked on to this thread to read the new posts about Alli, only to find that it's all about Wheelchair instead...please, if it's about that clam, talk about him in the Arsenal forums, not in here.

FFS! brick OMTs, talking about Arsenal players in threads in which we really should instead be celebrating our own players..what is this place turning in to?!

I clicked on to this thread to read the new posts about Alli, only to find that it's all about Wheelchair instead...please, if it's about that clam, talk about him in the Arsenal forums, not in here.

FFS! brick OMTs, talking about Arsenal players in threads in which we really should instead be celebrating our own players..what is this place turning in to?!

Especially brick ones ;)

What do you have to write to get taco? clam, pussy, vagina, ass, dingdong, scum, gooner.

Anyway, what a pass by Alli yesterday! The kid is a genius. :)

(sorry if posted previously) was a week or so ago .. but interesting http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-pr...er-dele-alli-defies-comparison-england-greats

part I thought was interesting (comparison with Lampard/Gerrard)

And the further you dig into Alli's game and his role with Spurs, the less he looks like those two midfielders who continue to cast their shadow over this generation of English midfield talent. Alli is not an integral part of Spurs' build-up play. Among regular Spurs midfielders only Eric Dier (a young English midfielder who fits very comfortably under the defensive midfield label) takes fewer attacking-half touches.

While Spurs are moving the ball down the field, Alli is doing more work away from the ball than on it. His role on Spurs is simply not one which prioritizes picking passes. That's not a criticism. In a team which frequently features Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela -- both of whom can and do provide creative spark -- Alli's job, at least so far, is to take advantage of it. Imagine saying that about Gerrard or Lampard, or even Ross Barkley or Jordan Henderson

I think comparison to Gerrard when he played just behind Torres, or even more Lampard when he played ahead of two deep midfielders at Chelsea are somewhat apt. I also think a comparison to Jordan Henderson is fair, though most of what Henderson does going forward Alli already does better imo.

Gerrard and Lampard both played deeper more frequently later in their careers, and had more creative responsibility and less responsibility for getting into the box and scoring goals.

I agree that Alli drifts in and out of games more in the #10 role than a lot of creative #10 players. And he obviously is a lot less involved than when he plays as the more attacking of our two deep midfielders as he did earlier this season. I also agree that this is not a weakness, particularly not in our system.

Back