• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

It's gotta be him. Isn't the voting soon too? Seem to remember the voting being ridiculously early.

Unless of course Martial gets it, because he plays for Manure.

The manure factor is the only thing that can stop Alli. I still can't believe Martial won the golden boy. He has glimpses of brilliance and will probably go on to be a top player but he is hardly setting the world alight.

The manure factor is the only thing that can stop Alli. I still can't believe Martial won the golden boy. He has glimpses of brilliance and will probably go on to be a top player but he is hardly setting the world alight.

These cross European awards are more dodgy than Eurovision

if Kane finishes top scorer then he should win the overall award. How Sanchez won the 2015 player of the year when Kane was way out in front as the top scorer in 2015 I'll never know.
Fair point, but I think that could depend on who wins the league...or at least, who's looking likely to win it, if the voting's early. If Mahrez has fired Leicester to wins over Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal by then, he'll have to be in with a shout, as would Vardy. I think Sanchez, Ozil and Aguero have been too inconsistent (or injured).

Yes, I could see Mahrez getting the main award and Kane the young player. Might stick a bit of cash on it to soften the blow -- I'd be over the moon if Kane and Alli split the prizes.

@OptaJoe
7 - Dele Alli has now scored as many career Premier League goals as Jack Wheelchair. Rivals.

CaO-iHYWcAAtMAX.png

CaSo5HlWQAEXdsV.png

Whilst i've been using the goal stat comparison with Wheelchair and others with glee, in terms of Wheelchair is it really a fair comparison? I mean don't they play different roles and essentially different positions?

Whilst i've been using the goal stat comparison with Wheelchair and others with glee, in terms of Wheelchair is it really a fair comparison? I mean don't they play different roles and essentially different positions?

Indeed the most similar player to Wheelchair is Dennis Wise. Short english midfielder who likes to leave a foot in during a challenge. Got a huge mouth on them. Similar technical ability. Wise had 27 top division league goals at the end of the season he turned 24. Wheelchair has 7. Wise had 3 England B caps because of who he played for. Wheelchair has 28 England caps because of who he plays for.

Indeed the most similar player to Wheelchair is Dennis Wise. Short english midfielder who likes to leave a foot in during a challenge. Got a huge mouth on them. Similar technical ability. Wise had 27 top division league goals at the end of the season he turned 24. Wheelchair has 7. Wise had 3 England B caps because of who he played for. Wheelchair has 28 England caps because of who he plays for.
Wheelchair isn't as good a player as Dennis Wise was. I think he's more a Michael Brown.

Btw, has anyone noticed that most of Delle Alli's goals (in fact almost all) have been away from home?

I guess it's the speed of his runs from deep that he adds to our counter-attacking play that's the reason..

I think the opposite to be honest and there seems to be a lot of hate because of who he plays for. But you are right the comparison with Brown is farcical at best.

If he wasn't playing for Arsenal (or another top team), nobody would give a fudge about him. He'd be another Cattermole or Adam.

If he wasn't playing for Arsenal (or another top team), nobody would give a fudge about him. He'd be another Cattermole or Adam.

Stop! Hammer time but I disagree, in his last few games for England he was named MOM. As I say there are a lot of Spurs fans can not see past the red shirt. He MAY be a taco and a injury prone player but he has talent ( imo).

He will be playing for West Ham or somewhere equally as brick within 2 seasons

Funny you say that, I've laid a long-term bet with a Gooner that he'll be at either West Ham or Villa in that same timeframe; the pressure for "England's saviour" to play regularly to justify his England place will be the trigger methinks..

..and he's originally a Spammer isn't he?

Stop! Hammer time but I disagree, in his last few games for England he was named MOM. As I say there are a lot of Spurs fans can not see past the red shirt. He MAY be a taco and a injury prone player but he has talent ( imo).

He is a gobbrick and a big talent for sure and as useful as chocolate (as in fire guard) Daniel Sturridge when it comes to injury!

Last edited:
Back