• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

If even this government is vetting involved to tell us its too shady, we are definitely screwed

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...am-transfer-news-UK-government-Russia-Sanchez

Tottenham have been told that they need to prove to the UK government that their deal to send defender Davinson Sanchez to Russian club Spartak Moscow has not been funded by a source hit with sanctions due to the war in Ukraine. The Colombian had been the subject of a £13million bid to move to the Russian capital but there now appears to be a significant stumbling block.

Told by whom? It's actually normal practice for a business to be able to demonstrate, if asked, that they have carried out their due diligence on any entity to whom they will be making, or from whom they will be receiving, payments.

The Sun have claimed that there is a chance that Spurs could be hit with a legal issue if they continue to discuss the sale, as Premier League chiefs are prepared to tell all clubs to avoid making such controversial transfer dealings with Russia.....The league hopes to avoid clubs doing business with Russian teams though legally they are unable to prevent such dealings, in line with guidance from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport – it would warn them to be mindful of the risks attached.

The Express citing the Sun as its source. Yep, I have full confidence in that. It literally says there is no legal issue as per the government!

It may not be the greatest optics to be doing business with a Russian entity, but this is just another example of making a story out of nothing. And to crown it all there's been no indication that Sanchez even wants to go there.

Tottenham have been told that they need to prove to the UK government that their deal to send defender Davinson Sanchez to Russian club Spartak Moscow has not been funded by a source hit with sanctions due to the war in Ukraine. The Colombian had been the subject of a £13million bid to move to the Russian capital but there now appears to be a significant stumbling block.

Told by whom? It's actually normal practice for a business to be able to demonstrate, if asked, that they have carried out their due diligence on any entity to whom they will be making, or from whom they will be receiving, payments.

The Sun have claimed that there is a chance that Spurs could be hit with a legal issue if they continue to discuss the sale, as Premier League chiefs are prepared to tell all clubs to avoid making such controversial transfer dealings with Russia.....The league hopes to avoid clubs doing business with Russian teams though legally they are unable to prevent such dealings, in line with guidance from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport – it would warn them to be mindful of the risks attached.

The Express citing the Sun as its source. Yep, I have full confidence in that. It literally says there is no legal issue as per the government!

It may not be the greatest optics to be doing business with a Russian entity, but this is just another example of making a story out of nothing. And to crown it all there's been no indication that Sanchez even wants to go there.

This is where you end up when you scrape through the bottom of the barrel.

huh? I doubt we went and called Spartak to ask them to make us an offer

Sorry. I meant when you see the Express quoting the Sun, you've scraped through the bottom of the barrel. I bolded it to highlight I was referring to that line but then realised @Glenda's Legs' post had quite a bit of bold so it wouldn't be clear that's what I meant.

fqrz5e9gakeb1.png

This is absolutely damning stuff - amount spent on center-backs since 16-17.

Almost like we had 2 good center backs in 16/17.

Not in 2017, *since* 2017. Which was 6 years ago now.

Since 18/19, we have had 1(1) center-back of any ability.

That is a dereliction of duty, especially since of the pathetic 100m-odd we spent, half was on this bombscare.

some hilarious fees there

terrible hit rate too, 43 players, most of them crap

arsenal have spent over 100m on players I don't think I've ever seen play

Nearly every player on that list is better than Dier, Davies or Sanchez. I'd say a good 40 out of 43 are.

As for hit rate, the majority of City's were successes, Martinez and Varane successes at United, White, Gabriel and Saliba successes at Arse, Silva, Luiz and Rudiger successes at Chelsea, Van Dijk at Liverpool.

At least a 1 in 3 hit rate.

some hilarious fees there

terrible hit rate too, 43 players, most of them crap

arsenal have spent over 100m on players I don't think I've ever seen play
Gabriel and Saliba were very good buys.
Kiwior looks like a brilliant piece of business.
Sokratis was a decent squad signing.

Timber - could be the real deal

Not in 2017, *since* 2017. Which was 6 years ago now.

Since 18/19, we have had 1(1) center-back of any ability.

That is a dereliction of duty, especially since of the pathetic 100m-odd we spent, half was on this bombscare.
Sanchez was very highly rated when we signed him and had lots of qualities for the time. CBs have moved on lots since then. He'll still do well in most other leagues

How about the UK anti slavery act... lots of money from dubious sources in the EPL. Why isn't the UK government acting on it?
https://ecovadis.com/glossary/uk-modern-slavery-act/

Sanchez was very highly rated when we signed him and had lots of qualities for the time. CBs have moved on lots since then. He'll still do well in most other leagues
yeah our problem is not moving them on quickly enough. liverpool brought in some japanese player who did decent and shipped him out next season when they needed someone better

fqrz5e9gakeb1.png

This is absolutely damning stuff - amount spent on center-backs since 16-17.
Well, those that have spent much, have done it because they've paid a shed load for CB's that weren't any better than what they already had, gone and spent a shed load again for yet more duds etc. Very few have turned out to be very good.
From those lists, only 6-7 of them in total can be classed as a success!

Back