• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

They are under US sanctions though, so that could cause issues with some of our sponsors etc.

They've been subject to US sanctions for 10 years.

Which sponsors would likely have an issue with us selling a player to a Russian team? Even if they did, that would be a commercial consideration, not getting us into "a lot of legal trouble because of sanctions".

They've been subject to US sanctions for 10 years.

Which sponsors would likely have an issue with us selling a player to a Russian team? Even if they did, that would be a commercial consideration, not getting us into "a lot of legal trouble because of sanctions".

I can't imagine sponsors caring that we have sold a weaker player in order to improve the team, which inturn means better exposure for their company because the team might be doing better.

It's abit above the normal marketing agreement to dictate which club to sell players too.

Corrupt sporting director that we employed to the bitter end, owner charged with insider trading, selling a player to Russia.

Christ...not been a good few months.

Sporting Director - innocent til proven guilty, and we also suspended him whilst we appealled

Lewis - nothing to do wth the day to day business

Selling a player to Russia - not in breach of any rules. Only impacted person is Sanchez, and he can always say no

Lewis - nothing to do wth the day to day business

Selling a player to Russia - not in breach of any rules. Only impacted person is Sanchez, and he can always say no

Lewis is nothing to do with the day-to-day business of the club? Righty ho.

Accepting an offer from a club in a country which is laying waste to another nation and its people may not be in breach of any rules (although that is questionable, given the level of sanctions currently targeted at Russia) but it is morally highly questionable - and, much less importantly, it looks brick.

That's not our job. If the government has a problem with clubs dealing with spartak moscow they should sanction them. They have a fully funded intelligence service. Spurs don't.
And they didn't have a problem with Roman at heat$ki for all those years either.

If even this government is vetting involved to tell us its too shady, we are definitely screwed

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...am-transfer-news-UK-government-Russia-Sanchez

Ruining the country is one thing but forcing us to keep hold of Sanchez is a step too fudging far, clams. I'd boo the government but booing is apparently "horrific abuse" so I shall bite my thumb their way instead assuming that's not now also suddenly catagorised as abuse.

FWIW we do look brick from top to bottom, dodgy sporting director, previous caretaker manager done for match fixing, the lewis thing. At least when Chelsea test the rules they win stuff, we obviously had to carve out our special way of doing it.

Ange is the main positive who could possibly thrive from all the flimflam, he doesn't strike me as the type to have this stuff preloaded as an excuse but to instead thrive on it..

Back