• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Pleat

I too heard the podcast where Pleat specified that the Luton chairman stitched him up in retribution, and Pleat never forgave him

Not sure if this is the one, but Pleat's stories are always worth your time if you've never listened to him before

Part 1

Chelsea tried to buy him for a box of eggs

Part 2

I too heard the podcast where Pleat specified that the Luton chairman stitched him up in retribution, and Pleat never forgave him

Not sure if this is the one, but Pleat's stories are always worth your time if you've never listened to him before

Part 1

Chelsea tried to buy him for a box of eggs

Part 2
That’s the one
Now I’m not saying everyone is trustworthy but personally … I’d trust pleat over his ex employer

Club wont stock Pleats book because it’s not through the clubs publisher
And won’t allow him a book launch at the club either
Considering his history with levy I’m surprised but then.. maybe it’s just how the club operate now. Scummy IMO
Maybe it’s part of the deal we have with the publisher that they have exclusive rights to sell in club shops?
Just speculating but that would be a valid reason.

Maybe it’s part of the deal we have with the publisher that they have exclusive rights to sell in club shops?
Hmm I'm pretty sure if the club said they have a club legend selling a book and donating funds to a charity the publisher wouldn't care, how often would this come up?

Seems scummy by the club.

Bloke had 30 years longer in the game because of the club...........had we not stood by him he would have been out of it before this.

He also benefitted from ruthless Levy and mad caretaker many a time when his time was up.

He is nearly 80, he cant go on forever.

Plenty in the press have scolded him and vice versa in the years gone, who to believe, who not to???? Not sure I wanna pick a side or draw a line in the sand, I wish him well but lets not pretend he has not done well out of Spurs over the years and vice versa

Maybe its a crap book? Anyone is allowed to make that decision too, if they don't think its great and TBH no one has mentioned it before now, maybe they just don't think its worth putting in, even through sentiment

Woolwich are a classy club? Righto David.

I get he feels badly done by - and maybe he has been - we are only hearing one side. But how many of our legends (and I’d question whether Pleat is in that category, much as I like him) actually have their own seat given to them?

Lets be clear PoK is a clam that masquerades as a Spurs reporter that takes every moment to brick on the club. To a point made earlier and backed up by the Pleat's statement, the carrying of the book is an issue with the publisher and store. Not sure how Pleat thinks he's going to garner favour by comparing us to the Scum.

And to your point, lots of things to brick on Spurs for, treatment of our past players/legends is generally not one of them, most are not only welcome and seem to really want to come back, but they also receive support. To quote Micky Hazard (he's been vocal on some past public comments), the club takes care of it's own

Seems a poor move by the club but we have a very basic account of one side of the story. I don’t ever expect to hear Levy’s side though. Although it can be frustrating, he just seems to refuse to engage in public spats even when his name gets dragged through the mud.

Have to admire his stubbornness a bit. Balls of steel.

Classy

We treat our legends well - find work for them as well like Mason and King etc.

Bill nic was always treated well.

Seems a poor move by the club but we have a very basic account of one side of the story. I don’t ever expect to hear Levy’s side though. Although it can be frustrating, he just seems to refuse to engage in public spats even when his name gets dragged through the mud.

Have to admire his stubbornness a bit. Balls of steel.
That’s why he has managed to be successful
You have to have a certain mind set

Levy is like Trump for some; he could shoot someone dead on the High Road and they’d praise him for taking preventative action to stop the club shop being burgled.

It does make me chuckle.

Equally for others he could reveal he'd discovered the cure for cancer and they'd snipe at him for not doing it faster and wanting to line his pockets from it.

Exactly, its about balancing out the times he is wrong and those when he isn't

In this case its difficult to know as there is only one side to the story BUT Pleat has had an extended time and career in the game that he would not have anywhere else outside of Spurs IMO. Endings are rarely great for all, thats they they are endings, Pleat wanted to push the boundaries of the clubs loyalties towards him and the club likely have drawn the line where they believe that is.

Equally for others he could reveal he'd discovered the cure for cancer and they'd snipe at him for not doing it faster and wanting to line his pockets from it.
Absolutely. The truth lies somewhere in the middle: he’s made us a highly successful business, but has not managed to use that foundation to bring real success on the football field. He also struggles to manage his own, and the club’s, PR.

Back