• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Article on the BBC website today saying that Mourinho will need to sell before he buys in Jan, and that Luke Shaw will likely be the first man out of the door. I know he splits opinion a bit, however if Danny Rose is likely to be off in the summer, then Shaw I think is a very decent option.

I know a lot of people would prefer Sessegnon though - wouldnt surprise me though if Sessegnon was 2x the price of Shaw. Mind you, I bet Mourinho will refuse to sell Shaw to us

Glad to see Rose get some playing time during the international break. He's one player we need to see get a run out in the friendlies. Hopefully, he comes back ready to roll as the fixtures begin to arrive twice a week from now to mid-Jan.

I have a hard time believing he will be sold in January and Luke Shaw is hardly an adequate replacement. He doesn't even speak English.

Glad to see Rose get some playing time during the international break. He's one player we need to see get a run out in the friendlies. Hopefully, he comes back ready to roll as the fixtures begin to arrive twice a week from now to mid-Jan.

I have a hard time believing he will be sold in January and Luke Shaw is hardly an adequate replacement. He doesn't even speak English.
Quite. Nice to have the England team available to rehabilitate our players for a change!

If you take today's article (linked a couple of posts up) at face value, Poch and Rose have very much hugged it out and made up, culminating in his ten minutes at the Bernabeu -- which has to be up there on any footballer's bucket list. Pity he couldn't come on at WHL, but we had injuries and Davies is #1 for several reasons at the moment, not least of which being that no player* can come back into a team after a long period on the sidelines and perform at 100% immediately.

* who isn't Ledley King

Hopefully Rose will come back from the break, after playing against GERMANY and BRAZIL, with a bit of sharpness back. It's a bit sad that the national side has to rely on a barely match fit Rose at LB, plus Ryan Bertrand. Walker and Trips at RB/RW is good to see though.

Interesting that he went to see a psychologist about issues he had with his period of injury. I think it's a good thing and was surprised he had that level of self awareness.

Interesting that he went to see a psychologist about issues he had with his period of injury. I think it's a good thing and was surprised he had that level of self awareness.
Don't think this would have been completely off his own back. Even if he didn't realise it Poch would have had a hand in this. He looks after the person first, player second.

Quite. Nice to have the England team available to rehabilitate our players for a change!

If you take today's article (linked a couple of posts up) at face value, Poch and Rose have very much hugged it out and made up, culminating in his ten minutes at the Bernabeu -- which has to be up there on any footballer's bucket list. Pity he couldn't come on at WHL, but we had injuries and Davies is #1 for several reasons at the moment, not least of which being that no player* can come back into a team after a long period on the sidelines and perform at 400% immediately.

* who isn't Ledley King

Hopefully Rose will come back from the break, after playing against GERMANY and BRAZIL, with a bit of sharpness back. It's a bit sad that the national side has to rely on a barely match fit Rose at LB, plus Ryan Bertrand. Walker and Trips at RB/RW is good to see though.

To be clear, I'm not completely sold on Rose's newfound contrition just yet - but I couldn't help but like your Ledley allusion. :)

Article on the BBC website today saying that Mourinho will need to sell before he buys in Jan, and that Luke Shaw will likely be the first man out of the door. I know he splits opinion a bit, however if Danny Rose is likely to be off in the summer, then Shaw I think is a very decent option.

I know a lot of people would prefer Sessegnon though - wouldnt surprise me though if Sessegnon was 2x the price of Shaw. Mind you, I bet Mourinho will refuse to sell Shaw to us

Mourinho would love to sell us Shaw. Might even give us Martial. He mentioned a while ago that Poch and him have a quick chat over the phone every summer telling each other which players are available and which ones aren't, so I don't think he'd be averse to selling us a player he doesn't want (and he *definitely* doesn't want Shaw).

But it's what United would ask for in return that makes dealing with them an absolute no-go, in my opinion. Once they sell us a player, they will 400% come in for Kane, Toby, Eriksen or Alli in the summer. And when we tell them to f*ck off, they will tell that particular player 'see? We were reasonable, we sold Spurs our player without any issues, but now they don't want to sell you to us. It's unreasonable, and you need to kick up a fuss about it.'

I'd rather not have that relationship with a domestic club, if it can be helped. F*ck their cast-offs, we'll find some elsewhere. Let's keep selling domestically a rare occurrence.

sessegnon every day for me

Really don’t see why people rate shaw

Although I haven't read Danny’s recent interview I heard on the radio that he really struggled with being out for so long, to the point of being almost resentful of the team doing well without him.

Danny Gabidon compared Rose’s situation with his own. He talked about the issues he had when he was long term injured. He struggled with the missing out on training, the camaraderie, the banter etc. He himself became resentful.

As someone who struggles with mental health, I know when I am struggling I can become beligerant and unreasonable.

Maybe this can provide some kind of explanation as to his interview before the season started.

I am please Danny is getting treatment - hopefully it will help him deal with stuff. Huge kudos must go to him for talking about this publicly.

Don't think this would have been completely off his own back. Even if he didn't realise it Poch would have had a hand in this. He looks after the person first, player second.

Irrespective of who set it up it shows him in a good light in my eyes and I don't think there are many players who would have done this unless they had done something which outraged the public, I don't include making and I'll judged comment as outrageous just naive

Rose spouting off again in the media - this time about how much City spent and how much Spurs want to beat them on 16 December. Danny, word of advice, shut your gob and get back to playing properly. His agent needs a smack.

Rose spouting off again in the media - this time about how much City spent and how much Spurs want to beat them on 16 December. Danny, word of advice, shut your gob and get back to playing properly. His agent needs a smack.

Bit of a nothing article really,he is just saying you would expect them to be there, they are running away with it and we intend to be there if they slip up.....nothing to see here, move along now!! ;-)

Back