• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I wasn't a big fan of Davies but he has improved massively. Its good to see Rose suffering on the bench after what he said. It would take a lot to dislodge Davies now

Davies has been my player of the season so far with Verts

I’m a massive rose fan but of davies keeps this up we can sell rose and get sessegnon

Please don’t get shaw... over rated and would be over valued

I’m a massive rose fan but of davies keeps this up we can sell rose and get sessegnon

Shaw is definitely not over rated. Get Poch working with him again and he will be Englands no1 full back in no time.....

Shaw is definitely not over rated. Get Poch working with him again and he will be Englands no1 full back in no time.....

Not IMO
He really wasn’t great at Southampton, he was English and the next big thing just like Walclam and Oxo
He looks better going forward than he does defensively but he is need fit and hasn’t got in a united side with no decent left backs which says a lot
Sessegnon has much more improvement scope, and IMO would be a more flexible signing

Not IMO
He really wasn’t great at Southampton, he was English and the next big thing just like Walclam and Oxo
He looks better going forward than he does defensively but he is need fit and hasn’t got in a united side with no decent left backs which says a lot
Sessegnon has much more improvement scope, and IMO would be a more flexible signing
Not really, everyone knows what Mourinho is like with players he has a difference with, their talent doesnt come into it, they dont play. I bet you Poch would take him in a heartbeat and that says more to me than whether Mourinho does or doesnt pick him....

I wasn’t either, but he seems a different player.

He always seemed to get destroyed by pace - which doesn’t seem an issue this season.
I've not seen last night's match yet -- that'll be a treat for tonight -- but that could be down to improved positional sense. That's the sort of thing that can be coached, and is therefore part of "Poch's Special Fullback Sauce". Certainly Davies has held his own this season defensively. I actually quite like a slow(ish) fullback with good positioning and the ability to work well with a winger -- see my avatar!

That said, I still hope that Rose gets integrated back into the team quickly. We need two dedicated fullbacks for each wing and having the option to use Rose (pace, aggression, impact) or Davies (interplay, crossing, shape) as the match dictates is important.

Not really, everyone knows what Mourinho is like with players he has a difference with, their talent doesnt come into it, they dont play. I bet you Poch would take him in a heartbeat and that says more to me than whether Mourinho does or doesnt pick him....

I trust Poch but I think Davies is way ahead of anything Shaw has ever produced and Sessgnon would be better meidum term.

Tiernay from Celtic would be too

Im kind of with you on this. Sessegnon is a must.

How much for Danny and are you ok if it is United?

Agree. He was a kid at Southampton but Poch had him playing very very well. Poch has the ability to help Shaw recapture that form.

But we must still buy Sessegnon. He can play further forward. The boy will be a star

Nice to see him back, I have to say. Looked rusty at first, but grew into the game. Still a way to go before he's back where he was before the injury though, and he'll have to do much more than this to deplace Davies as first choice.

Nice to see him back, I have to say. Looked rusty at first, but grew into the game. Still a way to go before he's back where he was before the injury though, and he'll have to do much more than this to deplace Davies as first choice.

Flashes of what he is capable of, a few more games to find form/fitness and I think we will be back to the regular rotation of FBs

Good to see him back. Not automatic first choice anymore but competition for the LB slot can only be a good thing. It’s a World Cup year so there is no question in my mind that we will see the best of him until the summer at least.

Definitely second choice for that role right now.

Also appears to have become a bit of a salad dodger.

I don't think so at all. Davies has been excellent for the past 9 months but Rose has more natural abilty imo and is definitely the man for the big games. Clearly not back to this best yet but I expect him to regain his top form in the next month or so. I think we'll see Poch use both of them in similar fashion to Walker and Trippier from last season.

I don't think so at all. Davies has been excellent for the past 9 months but Rose has more natural abilty imo and is definitely the man for the big games. Clearly not back to this best yet but I expect him to regain his top form in the next month or so. I think we'll see Poch use both of them in similar fashion to Walker and Trippier from last season.
Therefore second choice for the role right now.

Also appears to have become a bit of a salad dodger.

He wouldn't be back in the side if that was the case. I think that he's done what a lot of players do who are out with long injuries and that is, hit the gym. I am trying to think of a player who was better for bulking up and I'm struggling.

He wouldn't be back in the side if that was the case. I think that he's done what a lot of players do who are out with long injuries and that is, hit the gym. I am trying to think of a player who was better for bulking up and I'm struggling.
Especially when they're such a short arse.

He's definitely put on a good bit of weight on his face - either a product of having hot chubby then worked it off or overdoing it with the protein shakes when bulking.

I suspect Rose was picked for the Palace game because of his pace. There was one incident early in the first half when he was in a race with one of the Palace forwards and - admittedly with a five yard start - he won it comfortably. I am not sure Davies or Vertonghen would have won that race; they would have had to slide and knock it out of play.

So, maybe horses for courses from now on with the full backs, hence Palace's most threatening player - Aurier - getting picked ahead of Trippier at RB yesterday. :)

Back