• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Rather than respond to your tirade .. pray tell, if he's average, surely there must be 3, or 5 (average would suggest even more, but I'll settle for a few) better chairmen in the league? what clubs?

Has this been answered yet then?

All you Levy haterz just have agendas. You're all clearly stupid and are bad supporters of the club.

Here are some numbers without any context whatsoever:
1, 7, 19, 363, 12.5, pi

You all need to get behind the club!!!!111!!1!!11!!! HATERZ

;)

As I said, not worth the waste of my time.

The waste of your time?

The opportunity to state who is doing a better job than Levy, to show us how we could have a far superior chairman is a waste of your time?

Then why are you even in this thread? If your not going to take the best opportunity to prove your point, then yes, you being in this thread has and is a complete waste of your time.

The waste of your time?

The opportunity to state who is doing a better job than Levy, to show us how we could have a far superior chairman is a waste of your time?

Then why are you even in this thread? If your not going to take the best opportunity to prove your point, then yes, you being in this thread has and is a complete waste of your time.

I think you'll find that I've made enough points in my posts within this thread.

Do I really have an interest in repeating myself?

Errr, let me see...how about no?

I think you'll find that I've made enough points in my posts within this thread.

Do I really have an interest in repeating myself?

Errr, let me see...how about no?

Sure, you've made points.

But when it comes to the crux of the matter you have fallen flat on your face.

All you Levy haterz just have agendas. You're all clearly stupid and are bad supporters of the club.

Here are some numbers without any context whatsoever:
1, 7, 19, 363, 12.5, pi

You all need to get behind the club!!!!111!!1!!11!!! HATERZ

;)

You forgot tossers, knob-heads, and idiots

You were asked a question, you have no answer to the question.

Simples.

I have no interest in the question, as it's just so ridiculous and a complete waste of my time and it actually says more about the intelligence of someone posing it, than it does me. Seriously, what planet are some of you lot on; do you only live in the little world of football or something? :~ Are you not able to think about THFC actually being a business? Are you not able to recognise that Daniel Levy makes business decisions, identical business decisions which are made by thousands of directors and chairman of other companies?

You guys really need to think a little bit wider than the little world of football. I've given Levy credit where I think he's taking good decisions and showing good growth of the certain areas of the business, but I'm equally at liberty to criticise him for poor decision-making on a part of the business which is stagnating. I find it incredibly poor that, in the 11yrs since he's been CEO, that this core issue has not been addressed. Let's not beat about the bush here: financing ?ú450m is always going to be extremely commercially challenging, so why pursue it? Levy either has poor foresight, or an underlying lack of commitment, ie: he never intended to be the one who actually paid for it.

We are where we are though, aren't we? This is the last time I'm going to repeat this: but we've still got a 36k stadium, even though it's 11yrs on since Daniel Levy inherited the problem. That just isn't good enough. He hasn't delivered a single thing to address that; plans don't mean fudge all, and the land acquired could just as easily be sold off to another developer; all the while, Spurs continue to have an embarrassing 36k capacity and must budget with that sore fact in mind.

Business is about achieving the right balance, and while I readily acknowledge how Levy has really shown great thought and dynamism in driving growth in other areas of the business, I think he's failed miserably with the overriding priority; that being to properly address the issue of capacity. I would happily accept a change of ownership, in order to deliver some tangible progress on that front, because I don't have any confidence in Daniel Levy being the man who can achieve that. I think he knows it, but I think his pride is getting in the way of him putting his hands up and saying he can't afford it.

I praise Daniel Levy for growing other areas of the business, but he's just shooting himself in the foot here; he cannot expect deal-on-deal growth to continue to suffice offsetting the lack of income which the tiny stadium is bringing in. I'd hate to be the commercial director at THFC, as they must be under colossal pressure to keep pulling rabbits out of the hat. The latest ingenuous idea was to dilute the sponsorship across two separate partners, and it's this exact type of thought which gives rise to the commercial pressure that we must be under.

We've now de-listed, so we're no longer under the constraints of the stock market. Now is the time that Levy should either be attracting real fresh investment, or accepting that he can't take the club any further than he otherwise would like. We need new, fresh impetus and strong, committed management, vision and direction - and not to mention, finances. As things stand, we're swimming against the tide and just about holding our place. NDP proposes ?ú450m lead armbands which, however you look at it - in our current position - just isn't going to work.

I appreciate Daniel Levy for how he's realigned the business, made changes where they were needed and has made us competitive on the field. But, to go that extra step and take the club on further, I don't feel he's the man for the job. I wish he was, but sometimes it's wise to just take a step back and question progress on some things. 11yrs is an awful long time to have babysat a problem, and - with the greatest of respect - I don't applaud someone for proposing a 'solution' which is grossly unaffordable.

I still don't see an answer..

If you think Levy is an average chairman, there must be better ones within the Premier League, no?

I still don't see an answer..

If you think Levy is an average chairman, there must be better ones within the Premier League, no?

Oh my word, how tiresome

Tell you what fella, if you can't stretch your brain to think outside of football - then good luck to ya mate! :lol:

Oh my word, how tiresome

Tell you what fella, if you can't stretch your brain to think outside of football - then good luck to ya mate! :lol:

I can, but when discussing a football chairman there isn't really any need to. Unless we are planning to branch out into other areas of business.

So you think he's the best chairman in the PL, but mediocre in comparison to chairmen in general?

EXACTLY Scara!

I don't understand why there's this narrow-minded view of football all the time; clubs are businesses and they make strategic decisions just like any other business does. Within football, Levy obviously takes decisions which - relative to our peers - allow us to punch above our weight. However, on a more holistic level, I don't think he's that special as he lacks conviction and pragmatism; to sit on a core issue which is fundamentally key to your growth for 11yrs just isn't deemed successful management in a broader business sense. That's why I'm not so eager to rush over and slap him on the back for his wonderful stewardship.

Not all CEOs can deliver big huge projects - the macro level stuff; some are better at driving growth in more manageable, easily deliverable micro level stuff. I think Daniel Levy falls into the latter category, and I feel he lacks the calibre of management to really take the huge strategic decisions with the business. He's the sort of CEO who is a 'troubleshooter' - find a sick business, apply quick fixes and move onto the next. But they don't have the appetite or conviction to drive through long-term strategy. There's huge risks involved in saddling any business with a disproportionate amount of debt, and that type of direction takes a certain type of individual to be able to manage and lead through it. I just don't see that calibre of individual in Daniel Levy.

Seriously Sheikh .. that's your call?

- You think Levy is the best chairman in the EPL
- You claim he has failed monumentally at certain tasks
- And therefore is a "just average" chaiman

Because you can find someone who in your opinion "sells bread or clothes" or some other completely unrelated product in an unrealated field?

Sorry mate, football is different, becasue it has a number of rules that don't apply to other businesses e.g. the City/Cheat$ki situation in most other business fields would have been punished by government for unfair business practices, product dumping, etc. In most other businesses your product can't suddenly decide it doesn't want to work/play/be sold/etc.

I think you are just trying to pull a get out of jail card on this one, if someone is the best in their field, by definition they can't be average.

Seriously Sheikh .. that's your call?

- You think Levy is the best chairman in the EPL
- You claim he has failed monumentally at certain tasks
- And therefore is a "just average" chaiman

Because you can find someone who in your opinion "sells bread or clothes" or some other completely unrelated product in an unrealated field?

Sorry mate, football is different, becasue it has a number of rules that don't apply to other businesses e.g. the City/Cheat$ki situation in most other business fields would have been punished by government for unfair business practices, product dumping, etc. In most other businesses your product can't suddenly decide it doesn't want to work/play/be sold/etc.

I think you are just trying to pull a get out of jail card on this one, if someone is the best in their field, by definition they can't be average.

Mate, it's really not my problem if you have a myopic "football is different" view of business. You should step outside of that blinkered view; you might realise that while Daniel Levy excels in some areas, he is lacking in others. But that's okay though, because he's a certain man for a certain role - it's just that he's not the right man, for another role.

For what it's worth, I don't think I've ever come across anyone who's been able to do everything perfectly well, so I don't know why you're taking this criticism so personally? More fool you. I can only deduce that maybe you don't have the level of experience that I have which gives you insight about different personalities you need for different roles, as I said: horses for courses.

Daniel Levy will continue to show true ingenuity at the micro levels - because that's his forte. But gripping hold of the business and taking it down a riskier path? Nah, that's not his MO at all. To some extent, I think maybe Daniel Levy tried to move himself to a more strategic level, by bringing in a Director of Football; a trusted lieutenant - but that proved to be somewhat disastrous.

I think we're crying out for new ownership. I don't think some fans realise just how lucky we've been to even keep pace, let alone finish in the top 4. What makes me laugh, is that there are calls for the manager to removed, even though he's twice secured our highest ever finish in the Premier League. Impressive enough as that is, it's even more acute when you take into context the fact that we're financially hamstrung by the embarrassingly small capacity of the stadium.

Our foundation to move forward in a sustainable manner rests on the issue of the stadium. As I'm repeating myself, Daniel Levy hasn't even committed himself to building it - and yet it is absolutely and fundamentally pivotal to the future of the club. If it is not commercially viable, then there must be a Plan B. If there isn't, then - again - that only serves to highlight his failings. Seriously guys, 11yrs we're talking here - not 1, 2 or even 5; and yet Daniel Levy still hasn't committed himself on it?

Well, I hope for all our sakes that some miracle happens and Daniel Levy finally pulls the trigger and commits our club to moving forward. I don't have any faith whatsoever though that that's going to happen any time soon; nope, there'll be more and more prevarication and excuses - all the while, our club's future being jeopardised. No thanks, not for me.

Back