• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Copa America 2024

Gutted I've never had the chance to see Messi live and probably never will.

I was lucky enough to watch him play at the Nou Camp in 2009 against Atletico Madrid a few months after they won the CL. They were 4-0 up at half time and Messi was sensational. Also was there when we played Barcelona at Wembley.

I was lucky enough to watch him play at the Nou Camp in 2009 against Atletico Madrid a few months after they won the CL. They were 4-0 up at half time and Messi was sensational. Also was there when we played Barcelona at Wembley.
I went with some mates to the Nou Camp in 2012 as we decided we wanted to see Pep's great Barca team (incl. Messi) play before it was too late. It ended up being Pep's last home game, against Espanyol. They won 4-0 with Messi pretty much untouchable -- except for the two (maybe three) penalties he drew. The ref was a complete homer, mind.

The manager in the away dugout was some guy called Pochettino. Wonder what happened to him...?

Gutted I've never had the chance to see Messi live and probably never will.
Luckily I've seen him twice at the neu camp. First time he scored a brace, in barcas first home loss in 50 or something games, in the second one he scored a hat-trick. Incredible player. Just walked around casually for most of the game, but when he got the ball..... My word!

I went with some mates to the Nou Camp in 2012 as we decided we wanted to see Pep's great Barca team (incl. Messi) play before it was too late. It ended up being Pep's last home game, against Espanyol. They won 4-0 with Messi pretty much untouchable -- except for the two (maybe three) penalties he drew. The ref was a complete homer, mind.

The manager in the away dugout was some guy called Pochettino. Wonder what happened to him...?

The great thing about Messi was you were pretty much guaranteed to see him score if you were lucky enough to watch him live, at the very least he would get a crazy assist or you’d see at least one unbelievable pass. A guy I used to work with somehow managed to get tickets to the 5-0 mauling of Real Madrid at the Nou Camp. Lucky bastard.

Hope none of our Argentinians participated.
Innocent until proven guilty of course. But it would appear most of those in the coach were singing it, not just those in camera shot and as much as I'd love to imagine Romero and Lo Celso refusing to particpate in such chants I think that might be wishful thinking. We can but hope, and I doubt we will ever find out either way.....

Innocent until proven guilty of course. But it would appear most of those in the coach were singing it, not just those in camera shot and as much as I'd love to imagine Romero and Lo Celso refusing to particpate in such chants I think that might be wishful thinking. We can but hope, and I doubt we will ever find out either way.....
Romero isn’t singing in the video
Lo Celso looks like he is throughly enjoying the sing song and party (shocker)
Doesn’t mean Romero didn’t sing of course
And does reaffirm for me what little I’ve heard about Lo Celso being unlikeable

Romero isn’t singing in the video
Lo Celso looks like he is throughly enjoying the sing song and party (shocker)
Doesn’t mean Romero didn’t sing of course
And does reaffirm for me what little I’ve heard about Lo Celso being unlikeable

I think it's just you and me who don't like him.

Would like to know how Argentinians had reacted if England had won the Euros, and the entire team sang about how you should have finished the job in 1982. "Their mothers, their fathers, we should have bombed them all".

Would like to know how Argentinians had reacted if England had won the Euros, and the entire team sang about how you should have finished the job in 1982. "Their mothers, their fathers, we should have bombed them all".

With renaissance man Dier no longer in the squad, I doubt any of the rest them would have the slightest interest in or understanding of a subject like 1980s politics.

Probably the worst insult they could come up with is 'your steaks taste of brick and diego simeone looks like Hellboy'

Pleased for Romero and for Argentina. Think them and Spain will be favourites for the World Cup. Also pleased for Messi. Granted he’s not the player he was a few years ago and he’s already completed football so he didn’t need to win this tournament to prove anything but it’s another medal for him and I don’t look forward to the day when he decides to stop playing.

They still haven't got it. If they were just kids, you could argue that it's because of lack of education/knowledge and culture, but they're grown men, most of whom have been living in Europe for years!

They don't seem to take this racism thing seriously at all, and instead just try to excuse it and that it's not a serious issue. Completely out of touch with the seriousness and impact of it.
Really baffling!

They still haven't got it. If they were just kids, you could argue that it's because of lack of education/knowledge and culture, but they're grown men, most of whom have been living in Europe for years!

They don't seem to take this racism thing seriously at all, and instead just try to excuse it and that it's not a serious issue. Completely out of touch with the seriousness and impact of it.
Really baffling!

I thought kicking people at any time was de rigueur in South American football.

Back