• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Copa America 2024

It was a terrible incident and the players should have been in the dressing room if it happened after the whistle. It's hardly surprising about the crowd violence, South American football has probably the worse record of crowd trouble than anywhere in the game. I expect the players will get bans and fines for the countries with closed door games. I understand how players are concerned about their families safety but Bentancurs action was irresponsible but I don't think it should effect his future at the club.

Helping his colleague defend his family. I think you should try and understand their culture. If I see my friend's family being attacked, I am stepping in.

I was clear that Nunez gets more of a pass because he actually went in there! Bentancur tossed a bottle or two from the pitch; he didn't step in at all. For me, very different. As for understanding 'their culture' come on mate, we would all step in if we saw our families under duress. But let me ask, do you really think throwing a bottle into a melee is 'defending your family'?

I was clear that Nunez gets more of a pass because he actually went in there! Bentancur tossed a bottle or two from the pitch; he didn't step in at all. For me, very different. As for understanding 'their culture' come on mate, we would all step in if we saw our families under duress. But let me ask, do you really think throwing a bottle into a melee is 'defending your family'?
Not sure he could step in with his injury … not that we know what the injury is
We do know that the Latin way of doing things is different to us
There are man6 other things he could have done that possibly may have helped. The bottle throwing is odd but may be all he felt he could do

That is not 'All Asians look the same'. It could even have been 'all members of Son's family looks the same'. It could also be interpreted as 'all South Koreans look the same'.

Ok.......like that makes it so much more acceptable?

I tell you what I do know: it's lucky for the club that [presumably] Bentancur won't be travelling to Korea for the matches in a couple of weeks. I have heard that they are not happy with him at all, and very disappointed at his 'apology'. I wouldn't be surprised if something is made of it by some fans.

Ok.......like that makes it so much more acceptable?

I tell you what I do know: it's lucky for the club that [presumably] Bentancur won't be travelling to Korea for the matches in a couple of weeks. I have heard that they are not happy with him at all, and very disappointed at his 'apology'. I wouldn't be surprised if something is made of it by some fans.

Easy to say when you have age and some experience of life but sportsman should avoid all media and let their performances speak for them, it very difficult to speak publicly after an event where your emotions are involved and who wants to know about what they think anyway.

Easy to say when you have age and some experience of life but sportsman should avoid all media and let their performances speak for them, it very difficult to speak publicly after an event where your emotions are involved and who wants to know about what they think anyway.

And never go on social media

Pleased for Romero and for Argentina. Think them and Spain will be favourites for the World Cup. Also pleased for Messi. Granted he’s not the player he was a few years ago and he’s already completed football so he didn’t need to win this tournament to prove anything but it’s another medal for him and I don’t look forward to the day when he decides to stop playing.

Pleased for Romero and for Argentina. Think them and Spain will be favourites for the World Cup. Also pleased for Messi. Granted he’s not the player he was a few years ago and he’s already completed football so he didn’t need to win this tournament to prove anything but it’s another medal for him and I don’t look forward to the day when he decides to stop playing.

Gutted I've never had the chance to see Messi live and probably never will.

Back