• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Copa America 2024

Oh dear. Not good. Can see this blowing up a bit, and Liverpool wearing t-shirts in defense of Darwin Nunez.

Sadly it appears that Bentancur - as great a talent as he is - has issues which might well be beyond what we as a club should be dealing with. I would say idiot, but I don't know all the angles at play here...I do know that throwing a bottle into a crowd is a stupid thing to do, and add that to his parochial prejudices and it might well be time to say see ya?

Sadly it appears that Bentancur - as great a talent as he is - has issues which might well be beyond what we as a club should be dealing with. I would say idiot, but I don't know all the angles at play here...I do know that throwing a bottle into a crowd is a stupid thing to do, and add that to his parochial prejudices and it might well be time to say see ya?
I don't see it any different to the Dier thing from what has been shown. His family/friends were caught in the middle of a riot and he's tried to do something about it. Maybe not the cleverest thing, but the mitigating circumstances are extreme.

I don't see it any different to the Dier thing from what has been shown. His family/friends were caught in the middle of a riot and he's tried to do something about it. Maybe not the cleverest thing, but the mitigating circumstances are extreme.
I’m with you
Players see their family getting attacked and react like humans
Nunez even carried his kid afterwards
Issue was how did the Americans fudge up the ground security and segregation
Shambles form what I’ve seen

I think it's lazy equivalence to compare the two. Dier went in and actually looked to personally discuss/apprehend the culprit. Bentancur was floating around the bottom of the stand, on the pitch, picked up a bottle and just tossed it in the direction of traffic which already had congestion. How is THAT 'trying to do something' about it? It was fudging stupid. IF you want to do what Nunez did, and actually get in there and fend off the tossers, then yes, mitigating circumstances for sure.

I’m with you
Players see their family getting attacked and react like humans
Nunez even carried his kid afterwards
Issue was how did the Americans fudge up the ground security and segregation
Shambles form what I’ve seen

See my answer above.

I agree the stewarding was shambolic to say the least.

See my answer above.

I agree the stewarding was shambolic to say the least.
Horrendous set up
The players should never be in a position to feel the need to do that.
Quite worrying that the World Cup is being hosted there soon and they can’t get basics like this right
Just look at the way Wembley was “attacked” in the euros because the organisation was poor. England. Got some kind of fan ban off the back of that too

I think it's lazy equivalence to compare the two. Dier went in and actually looked to personally discuss/apprehend the culprit. Bentancur was floating around the bottom of the stand, on the pitch, picked up a bottle and just tossed it in the direction of traffic which already had congestion. How is THAT 'trying to do something' about it? It was fudging stupid. IF you want to do what Nunez did, and actually get in there and fend off the tossers, then yes, mitigating circumstances for sure.
It's Nunez we're talking about, not Bentancur. What Bentancour did was just stupid and inexcusable. Nunez went up there to try and protect his family.

It's Nunez we're talking about, not Bentancur. What Bentancour did was just stupid and inexcusable. Nunez went up there to try and protect his family.

Nunez tried to throw a chair into the stands as well, just someone managed to get a hand on it to stop it. He was also throwing punches at fans.

Nunez tried to throw a chair into the stands as well, just someone managed to get a hand on it to stop it. He was also throwing punches at fans.
I'm not defending his specific actions, just that it's understandable that he got involved, and when you are scared and the heart is pumping, you sometimes do things you normally wouldn't do.

Horrendous set up
The players should never be in a position to feel the need to do that.
Quite worrying that the World Cup is being hosted there soon and they can’t get basics like this right
Just look at the way Wembley was “attacked” in the euros because the organisation was poor. England. Got some kind of fan ban off the back of that too

I guess, maybe because of their franchise model, America doesn't really have a history of partisan sports, the same way other continents do. If you've never needed crowd segregation (like sports like rugby and cricket never have), you probably don't think about it.

I guess, maybe because of their franchise model, America doesn't really have a history of partisan sports, the same way other continents do. If you've never needed crowd segregation (like sports like rugby and cricket never have), you probably don't think about it.
Yeah
Strange though how the mismanagement of the crowd isn’t getting the headlines

So did Nunez get his family to safety? Was he throwing a chair in after he got them to safety or whilst they were still in the crowd? Was Bentancur throwing bottles in the crowd hoping it would stop Nunez family from being attacked?

All a load of flimflam really isn’t it. There is a way you conduct yourself in these situation and violence is not the way. You don’t throw chairs and bottles into the crowd if your family are in the crowd and if they are no longer in the crowd then you are just being a thug aren’t you?

Helping his colleague defend his family. I think you should try and understand their culture. If I see my friend's family being attacked, I am stepping in.

Back