• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Conor Gallagher

Agreed. If they want £50m then he could hold out a year and get a £20-30m sign on fee.
He wants fair pay compared to the guys they have signed with him also being captain
I did read he was the lowest paid senior player in the squad .. so he and a fair call on that front
We would pay him £80-£120k I assume and that’s what j guess he expects at his club now

He wants fair pay compared to the guys they have signed with him also being captain
I did read he was the lowest paid senior player in the squad .. so he and a fair call on that front
We would pay him £80-£120k I assume and that’s what j guess he expects at his club now

If it was me, i'd run the contract down. £20m sign on fee and £100k a week for a 5 year contract. = £180k a week.

If it was me, i'd run the contract down. £20m sign on fee and £100k a week for a 5 year contract. = £180k a week.
We shall see with him I guess
I’d like him but it has to be at the right price and that’s a lot lot less than the rumours

How much would you pay for archie gray?
Gray's got a much higher ceiling. He also plays in two positions we need improvements in (#4 and RB), whereas Gallagher is just another #8). Id value them at about £25m Gallagher and £40m Gray

Gray's got a much higher ceiling. He also plays in two positions we need improvements in (#4 and RB), whereas Gallagher is just another #8). Id value them at about £25m Gallagher and £40m Gray

Devils advocate here. Gallagher is an england international. Gray is 18 only played in the championship. Skipp made team of the year in the championship. Sessegnon looked world class. Winks won the league. Rodon, spence...

Devils advocate here. Gallagher is an england international. Gray is 18 only played in the championship. Skipp made team of the year in the championship. Sessegnon looked world class. Winks won the league. Rodon, spence...

Fair. But I think you can just tell with their trajectories and skillsets. I'd say it's equivalent to a choice say 12 months ago between Kalvin Phillips and Wharton. Gray just has that 'he's got everything about him' that Bellingham or Rice had when they were coming through.

GB always massively overrates very young players.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Gray has the potential to be top class but he still has a long way to go and may never get to Gallagher's current level.

Gallagher is a very good player who, for some reason, seems to be underrated across a lot of our fan base (I seem to remember some criminal underrating of Declan Rice on here as well a year or so ago).

Fair. But I think you can just tell with their trajectories and skillsets. I'd say it's equivalent to a choice say 12 months ago between Kalvin Phillips and Wharton. Gray just has that 'he's got everything about him' that Bellingham or Rice had when they were coming through.
Rice came through at CB so not sure where you saw it

GB always massively overrates very young players.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Gray has the potential to be top class but he still has a long way to go and may never get to Gallagher's current level.

Gallagher is a very good player who, for some reason, seems to be underrated across a lot of our fan base (I seem to remember some criminal underrating of Declan Rice on here as well a year or so ago).

I would personally like to see us pay for Galagher and pay for Eze. I know Eze is controversial in so much as needs and whatnot, but forme, he is actually essential as he will ensure we are not reliant on Maddison and can also play wide. He's the sort of signing I think will show we're serious. Gallagher is (for me) a no-brainer for several reasons. I am happy to sign potential/squad in other areas, but I personally think it is important we get these players. Having said that, I have literaly 20% hope that we'll sign either. I think we will, in the end, return to the data matrix...what a shame we didn't believe it more when Wharton was on the block BTW...

I would personally like to see us pay for Galagher and pay for Eze. I know Eze is controversial in so much as needs and whatnot, but forme, he is actually essential as he will ensure we are not reliant on Maddison and can also play wide. He's the sort of signing I think will show we're serious. Gallagher is (for me) a no-brainer for several reasons. I am happy to sign potential/squad in other areas, but I personally think it is important we get these players. Having said that, I have literaly 20% hope that we'll sign either. I think we will, in the end, return to the data matrix...what a shame we didn't believe it more when Wharton was on the block BTW...

£68m for eze according to reports. That must be half our transfer budget or possibly more.

With devine, maddison, donely, kulu. Is it the best use of our resources?

I was going on about Wharton in the winter, think the thread is still on here. It was a no brainer particularly for the fee involved.

Ange had said the priorities that window were a forward and cb. We spend the vast majority of our transfer budget in the summer window.

There’s an argument for keeping Royal - did a good job at CB - or Davies. As fourth choice CB, and able to cover full back too. Then spend the money on Eze or some other player who can elevate our midfield or attack. Eze the only concern is injuries.

I wouldn’t mind Marcus Edwards back either. Most seem less than impressed with the idea, but it’s not like he ever really played for us. We would need to shift Solomon as they are extremely similar players imo. Both have value, both able to add assists and score. Edwards fulfils the club trained need.

Would you play Eze as a midfielder? He could really help us as a CM. Able to transition through a press. We lacked skill on the ball from our midfield and backline last season. Romero, Porro and (at times) Bentancur the only technical players with confidence in their ability to play the ball around the press successfully. Eze played deeper - or like Maddison dropping deep - would help.

Such a big question mark over Bissouma. Can he play like he did against pool at the end of the season? Wasn’t a spectacular game from him - but you saw what he IS capable of in that game. I think he came back half the player from the Af Con suffering with malaria. And it was only at the end of the season he got some pomp back. Can he carry that into the new campaign or is he just inconsistent and prone to losing confidence?

There’s an argument for keeping Royal - did a good job at CB - or Davies. As fourth choice CB, and able to cover full back too. Then spend the money on Eze or some other player who can elevate our midfield or attack. Eze the only concern is injuries.

I wouldn’t mind Marcus Edwards back either. Most seem less than impressed with the idea, but it’s not like he ever really played for us. We would need to shift Solomon as they are extremely similar players imo. Both have value, both able to add assists and score. Edwards fulfils the club trained need.

Would you play Eze as a midfielder? He could really help us as a CM. Able to transition through a press. We lacked skill on the ball from our midfield and backline last season. Romero, Porro and (at times) Bentancur the only technical players with confidence in their ability to play the ball around the press successfully. Eze played deeper - or like Maddison dropping deep - would help.

Such a big question mark over Bissouma. Can he play like he did against pool at the end of the season? Wasn’t a spectacular game from him - but you saw what he IS capable of in that game. I think he came back half the player from the Af Con suffering with malaria. And it was only at the end of the season he got some pomp back. Can he carry that into the new campaign or is he just inconsistent and prone to losing confidence?

We can shift solomon. We haver son, werner, richarlison and moore who can play there. We need a cf and dm. Then a backup gk and possibly 2 fullbacks (hopefully one can paly cb).

That's £120m on two players who wouldnt be first choice (Eze competition for Maddison), Gallagher backup for Sarr and Bentancur).

We just can't do that when we need a starting CF and DM, plus probably 3 new backup defenders.

Wharton would have been great but we seemed to actually pivot to Bergvall, albeit for a different midfield role. So who knows how that will turn out long term (see Willian and Eriksen)

Back