• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Erisken does fine with his challenges - he makes enough effort to force and error and we've seen plenty examples of how that works in our favour

He isn't Wanyama or Dier but the. They can't do what he does

I think we as a club would be dillusional to think we can simply upgrade on him without signing a fortune or doing some amazing scouting... Or of course developing from within

The Last two are possibles but not easy and the former is not realistic when you look at how much a better player would actually cost

Eriksen deal signed. I am now expecting a major pick up in form.

Sorry that's a recipe for disappointment and putting unnecessary pressure on him and thus invoking the customary critcism from fans.

I'm just pleased he is still with us.

Reactions: DTA
I'm not sure that the two are connected

Poch himself said that Eriksen has been affected/distracted by the contract talks..............

"Perhaps subconsciously, the speculation can affect you when you are in the process of negotiating your future.” Pochettino said (via Evening Standard).

“It is not about money. It’s about your future.”

“Sometimes it is difficult but we trust Christian, he is happy to stay and there is no doubt he will improve his performance in the future.”

“If the club give him a better contract, it is because he deserves it.”

Poch himself said that Eriksen has been affected/distracted by the contract talks..............

"Perhaps subconsciously, the speculation can affect you when you are in the process of negotiating your future.” Pochettino said (via Evening Standard).

“It is not about money. It’s about your future.”

“Sometimes it is difficult but we trust Christian, he is happy to stay and there is no doubt he will improve his performance in the future.”

“If the club give him a better contract, it is because he deserves it.”

I think that managers say all sorts of things to take the pressure off of players.

Lamela runs in fast and tackles with relish.
Eriksen shuts off passing angles and intercepts the ball.

Both are acceptable approaches. Get over it.

I was someone who questioned Eriksen's effort at retrieving the ball and pressing with a strong tackle. I always felt he was weak and made token efforts to dangle his leg. I read an excellent blog which highlighted exactly what you mention here. It showed that, if anything, Eriksen was acting at a more intelligent level in terms of when and how to press. I've since watched him doing this in matches and happy to say I was wrong.

I was someone who questioned Eriksen's effort at retrieving the ball and pressing with a strong tackle. I always felt he was weak and made token efforts to dangle his leg. I read an excellent blog which highlighted exactly what you mention here. It showed that, if anything, Eriksen was acting at a more intelligent level in terms of when and how to press. I've since watched him doing this in matches and happy to say I was wrong.

tickle my balls with a feather, i have said on here that unless you actually watch Eriksen live you do not see how much work he puts into his pressing.

You can not see this if all you are doing is watching on the box.

Sorry that's a recipe for disappointment and putting unnecessary pressure on him and thus invoking the customary critcism from fans.

I'm just pleased he is still with us.

Why is it unnecessary pressure? He is being paid 75K a week, for this alone the club and the fans have a right to see a considerable improvement in his performances which have been quite poor so far this season. He needs to man up and get back to where he and we know he should be at.

Why is it unnecessary pressure? He is being paid 75K a week, for this alone the club and the fans have a right to see a considerable improvement in his performances which have been quite poor so far this season. He needs to man up and get back to where he and we know he should be at.

My case rests

I think that managers say all sorts of things to take the pressure off of players.

Whether consciously or subconsciously his contract negotiations and the uncertainty that brings have been hanging over him. Now that this has been cleared out the way , I am expecting Eriksen's form to improve.

Exactly this.

Back