• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

not much penetration from bayern in that half. interesting game none the less.

can real madrid keep up the levels of work and concentration for the whole game?

i can't believe bayern won't open them up at least a couple of times, just depends if they can keep them out at the other end.

a 1-1 would be a great result for bayern at this point.

Lahm, Alaba, Alonso and Modric have all been quality IMO.

I know this comes up from time to time, but Modric really is amazing to watch sometimes, surrounded by Bayern players he spins and shrugs them off by cutting back and wrong-footing them then pings a quality ball over the top on the counter attack.

I can only dream of the day we don't have to lose players like him anymore

Decent penalty shout for Muller there? Looked borderline to me. 1-0 still, not the worst result for Bayern, but they'll need to keep it tight at home to go through.

Great game. Some fantastic performances out there. Modric was brilliant, as was Alonso. Coentrao also massively impressive up against top quality players I thought, any chance Real might still ship him out in the summer?

Bayern lacking that little something a bit special tonight, but might very well find it at home I think. The return leg will probably be even better.

What did he say? Pub I was in turned the sound off after the game, ****s.

Basically that possession football means nothing if it's not penetrative. It's all well and good a team achieving a high possession % but there has to be other things in addition to this, it has to penetrative and it has to result in chances created.

To me he was talking about us under AVB.

Basically that possession football means nothing if it's not penetrative. It's all well and good a team achieving a high possession % but there has to be other things in addition to this, it has to penetrative and it has to result in chances created.

To me he was talking about us under AVB.

Agreed. Possession for the sake of possession is no good.

Although I think he might have overreacted to the game today (I didn't watch it, but pundits usually do). Real scored from one of their first chances, Bayern had a couple of decent chances before that. IIRC their counter that lead to the goal was almost directly from a shot inside the box that was blocked. A slight deflection or better finish there and Carragher is talking about how Barca's superior possession play won the day.

It was essentially a fairly close game that Real just about edged in terms of chances I thought. Not exactly a bad performance from Bayern away from home.

One goal in three hours worth of Champions League Semi-Final football isn't a great return on my viewing investment.

One goal in three hours worth of Champions League Semi-Final football isn't a great return on my viewing investment.

Did you get a stat on the number of Modric twists, turns, outside passes, dribbles, shimmies and general awesomeness? I felt I got a decent return on that, but I didn't get the stats...

Decent penalty shout for Muller there? Looked borderline to me. 1-0 still, not the worst result for Bayern, but they'll need to keep it tight at home to go through.

No way a penalty, good touch from Alonso.

Modric man of the match, we miss him so much.

Agreed. Possession for the sake of possession is no good.

Although I think he might have overreacted to the game today (I didn't watch it, but pundits usually do). Real scored from one of their first chances, Bayern had a couple of decent chances before that. IIRC their counter that lead to the goal was almost directly from a shot inside the box that was blocked. A slight deflection or better finish there and Carragher is talking about how Barca's superior possession play won the day.

It was essentially a fairly close game that Real just about edged in terms of chances I thought. Not exactly a bad performance from Bayern away from home.

Barca?

Whenever I watch Modric these days I think "holy ****, that guy used to play at our club". He has been out of this world this season.

Back