• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

Has to be a Bayern - Barca final. Bayern to exact some revenge on Chelsea in the semi.

Great result for Chelsea last night.

And I can't say I'm sorry to see them in the Semi-Finals.

I will always hope English clubs do well in Europe (with just one notable exception!) as ultimately it also helps Tottenham Hotspur.

Great result for Chelsea last night.

And I can't say I'm sorry to see them in the Semi-Finals.

I will always hope English clubs do well in Europe (with just one notable exception!) as ultimately it also helps Tottenham Hotspur.

Go wash your mouth out...er....or your keyboard.

This is Bayern Munich's line-up tonight:

----------------Neuer--------------

--Lahm----Dante----Boateng---Alaba

-----------------Kroos---------------

Robben----Gotze-------Muller----Ribery

---------------Mandzukic--------------

Liam Brady on RTE pointing out that there's no DM. (I'm not sure if I've set that formation out properly, but Brady's point stands).

I think the obsession with DM's has become fetishistic in recent years in all honesty. Assuming that Kroos plays as a kinda deep-lying playmaker tonight, it's not as though he has zero DM/defensive capability. He's a top class footballer who can easily stand there and do some blocking, tackling and harassing in front of his back 4. Sure, not like Makelele or Sandro, but he's not a cone either.

There seems to be this notion these days that if you don't have a dedicated DM you are wide open like the Grand Canyon. I don't think that has to be. Against Sunderland we showed that in some circumstances having the likes of Chadli and Bentaleb in there is sufficient, assuming your defence is competent.

This is Bayern Munich's line-up tonight:

----------------Neuer--------------

--Lahm----Dante----Boateng---Alaba

-----------------Kroos---------------

Robben----Gotze-------Muller----Ribery

---------------Mandzukic--------------

Liam Brady on RTE pointing out that there's no DM. (I'm not sure if I've set that formation out properly, but Brady's point stands).

I think the obsession with DM's has become fetishistic in recent years in all honesty. Assuming that Kroos plays as a kinda deep-lying playmaker tonight, it's not as though he has zero DM/defensive capability. He's a top class footballer who can easily stand there and do some blocking, tackling and harassing in front of his back 4. Sure, not like Makelele or Sandro, but he's not a cone either.

There seems to be this notion these days that if you don't have a dedicated DM you are wide open like the Grand Canyon. I don't think that has to be. Against Sunderland we showed that in some circumstances having the likes of Chadli and Bentaleb in there is sufficient, assuming your defence is competent.

Actually Lahm is playing there

Back