• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carabao Cup 24/25

I don’t get why it was 4 and 2, why not 3 and 3?

It would have seemed logical or understandable if it was the 4 teams that were in CL but the organisers leave themselves open to the question of fairness, does this accomodation apply throughout the competition?

I don’t get why it was 4 and 2, why not 3 and 3?

It would have seemed logical or understandable if it was the 4 teams that were in CL but the organisers leave themselves open to the question of fairness, does this accomodation apply throughout the competition?
There was a draw before the draw, to decide whether the Euro comp teams were home or away.

It could have come out as 6 away.

It was to do with a clash of scheduling dates why the Euro comp teams had to be kept apart.

There was a draw before the draw, to decide whether the Euro comp teams were home or away.

It was to do with a clash of scheduling dates why the Euro comp teams had to be kept apart.
How did they do the pre-draw, as it wasn’t based on actual teams? I don’t understand how it was 4:2 but random teams until the actual draw.

But anyway, tinfoil hat on, there would still be a way to get a home draw for certain teams regardless. (I know that probably isn’t true but it does feel like it sometimes).

I must have missed it, not that I would have been looking for it, all seems a bit long winded to accommodate a few clubs who will field weaker teams in the early rounds anyway.

I think it's just this round.

Due to the dates the European clubs will be playing on. But if certain clubs drew each other there would be no available dates to play this cup game.

It's poor organisation

I think it's just this round.

Due to the dates the European clubs will be playing on. But if certain clubs drew each other there would be no available dates to play this cup game.

It's poor organisation
I think the football calendar gets signed off on each year. I don't think it's poor organisation, just the fact that CL and EL having two extra rounds of games in the group stage has eaten into available midweeks leading to this scenario.

...and of course, we bow to UEFA

Last edited:
How did they do the pre-draw, as it wasn’t based on actual teams? I don’t understand how it was 4:2 but random teams until the actual draw.

But anyway, tinfoil hat on, there would still be a way to get a home draw for certain teams regardless. (I know that probably isn’t true but it does feel like it sometimes).
Les and Daws completed it before last night's games.

12 balls in a bowl (not teams) 6 are home balls 6 are away balls. You draw out 6.

Then in the main draw the 6 Euro teams are drawn out first . The first 4 are given a home draw. The last two are away. (Based on the pre draw giving a 4:2 ratio)

I think the football calendar gets signed off on each year. I don't think it's poor organisation, just the fact that CL and EL having two extra rounds of games in the group stage has eaten into available midweeks leading to this scenario.

Hopefully the FA can throw in some meaningless international friendlies.

It's not even the two extra rounds, it's because the first match day of the CL and EL group stage is on different weeks. CL 17-19 September and EL 25/26 September. The Conference league doesn't start until October when the others have their second match, but have an additional week in late December when their group stage concludes.

Ugh so young and hyped up for that one, something like a sure win, but lost by a deflection or something unfortunate....hasn't changed much since haha
[/QUOTE]

it was the first final i had been at and seen us lose, been at most of them since 63, my son was ill on the day so i took my Dad on my sons ST. Never took my Dad again :(

It's not even the two extra rounds, it's because the first match day of the CL and EL group stage is on different weeks. CL 17-19 September and EL 25/26 September. The Conference league doesn't start until October when the others have their second match, but have an additional week in late December when their group stage concludes.
Ye. So basically the whole League cup draw was mucked up by six teams as the dates couldn’t work if one of 4 CL teams was drawn against one of 2 EL teams.

Ah that makes sense.

Realistically we shouldn't be moaning as it allows us to avoid most of the big opponents in Rnd 3.

Coventry gave Utd the scare of their lives in the semis of the FA Cup last season so we should not assume this will be a walkover for us. We cannot make roo many changes.

We should play our strongest team, but also include all the youngsters. :p

I jest, but there will most likely be moaning either way.

If uefa wanted more club games they should have scrapped the september international break. Merge the nations league with the wc qualifiers.

If uefa wanted more club games they should have scrapped the september international break. Merge the nations league with the wc qualifiers.

The nations league was supposed to replace pointless friendless, which of course didn't happen.

They're cutting down on international breaks from 2026, but the September/October break will last two weeks instead.

The new expanded club world cup is coming.

The world cup itself is going to be massively bloated.

I have gone from being a football fanatic to losing all interest in football that doesn't relate to Spurs over the least 20 years. In another 20 I'll probably hate it.

Back