• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

Actually, that was harsh.

Kids for a quid or not, I've never seen your lot with those clapper things they use.
Nope, we are far too sophisticated for anything like that.

foamham_2747057a.jpg

;)

There won't even be a ground to look at in a few years, just some overpriced fudgeing flats for a bunch of bankers intent on 'gentrifying' every single thing they can lay their over-paid hands on.
What's wrong with gentrification? Or, to give it its other name, "Making a brickhole not a brickhole"

What's wrong with gentrification? Or, to give it its other name, "Making a brickehole not a brickehole"

If it is inclusive, and if it pays heed to the roots of a community, then no-one would deny that regenerating areas is a good thing. Sadly, modern 'gentrification' rarely runs along such lines. We should probably move this to another random discussion ;-)

it'll be interesting what the fixture computer comes up with for our last game at WHL in a couple of years............

The Boleyn has been a bit of a rubbish stadium anyway since they redeveloped the West Stand. What was the idea in putting it about 30 yards away from the pitch? Was that to get the fans ready for the Olympic stadium experience?

we all know exactly what the fixture computer will schedule as our last home game...

United away.

I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility that we will ask to finish away. One more week for the builders and the very last game of a season could have more than enough riding on it without the extra hoopla.

I read the following on kumb that made me laugh (re: the attacking of the Man Utd coach):

"It was not caused by the late arrival of their coach it was due to drunken macarons who probably don't have a brain cell between them. They even started attacking the West Ham coach until they realised who it was."

A West Ham Ladies' match has been called off so that the men's win over Manchester United can remain as the last public fixture played at Upton Park.

The 5 June game was cancelled despite a vote in favour of it going ahead.

Out of nearly 12,000 fans, 52% were in favour and 48% against the idea, a fundraiser for the Ladies' team said.

The club said it was responding to supporters' comments and fan feedback on social media.

The Hammers are moving to the Olympic Stadium after 112 years at Upton Park.

The club said in a statement: "West Ham Ladies played under the lights at the Boleyn Ground back in March when they faced Tottenham Ladies and dialogue remains open between West Ham Ladies and the club with regards to the hosting of future fixtures."

The match, between West Ham Ladies and a West Ham 'All Stars' team, was the brainchild of Jack Sullivan, the son of West Ham co-chairman David.

West Ham Ladies Joint-Chairman Stephen Hunt said: "Obviously the Ladies are disappointed but myself and Jack Sullivan will get together over the summer to see what else we can do in the future."

West Ham beat Manchester United 3-2 on Tuesday, 10 May and then held a 45-minute celebration after full-time, involving fireworks and former players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36324505

Classy.

If Man Utd win the FA Cup, then WH get Europa League, and they enter at the 3rd Qualifying Round stage. Which means their first home game at the OS could be as early as end of July, and against a minnow. Probably not what they would have in mind for their inaugural game.

If Man Utd win the FA Cup, then WH get Europa League, and they enter at the 3rd Qualifying Round stage. Which means their first home game at the OS could be as early as end of July, and against a minnow. Probably not what they would have in mind for their inaugural game.
If that happens then I think there will be a problem.... I don't think UK Athletics are scheduled to return the stadium until the end of July and it takes a number of days (I think 5 or 6) to convert from Athletics mode to football mode. If West Ham do end up in the 3rd round qualifiers then they might have to request that they play their home game as the 2nd leg in order to ensure that they have a stadium available, I'm not sure you would find too many clubs who would give up the advantage of having the second leg at home too easily.

WH should be thankful they are not playing in La Liga next season :
Taken from The Guardian's daily The Fiver email :
The bastion of common sense that is the Spanish FA will fine La Liga clubs if empty seats appear on TV next season.

I wonder why the dildo brothers would not do it in their own names, rather than on behalf of the club (I (assume there is perhaps some tax benefit in doing it through a company?) However the Tories are in a position to refuse a donation and you would think someone would cotton on to the obvious links that will be made between such a donation and the extremely advantageous hand WH have been dealt with the Olympic Stadium.
The whole deal stinks anyway and the controversy will rumble on for the next few years. Such a donation adds fuel to the fire.

Is amusing that they did that and pride themselves on being a working class club as well.

Working class club donates money to the Conservative party to obtain ugly monstrouserty on a dodgy subsidised lease.

Just further proof the Tories are determined to totally take the tinkle for five years.

Seriously fudged up by WH though - if you are going to do that, at least ask the membership.
Or..... just don't mix with politics.

Back